iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

DGShaffer 10-19-2014 05:47 AM

4 Attachment(s)
So up until now I've been using a couple of local guys that run a mobile detailing service to wash and wax my MH twice a year. All in with a tip it ran $550.00. They really did a nice job and I've always been happy with the end result.

Well I had a few days off after a trip north to Lake George NY so I washed it like a usually do. Since I'll be covering it soon it's now time to call my friends and have it waxed and detailed. Having an extra few days I though I'd wax it myself.

I constructed a scaffold out of a 2x12 using my nifty versatile ladder that converts to two A-frame stands. Next I researched wax's and found that the best wax reviewc was for the Turtle Wax Carnuba T6 and surprisingly the most affordable. Then I bought a cheap $23.00 10" DA buffer and some extra polishing pads and buffers. I had recently purchased a 30 pack of Quickie micro fiber pads to do the final rub down.

Not including the wash I gave it the day before I estimate I'm in it about 8 to 10 hours. That includes the polishing of the wheels and applying Mothers Back to Black on all the black latches and window frames.

Some how $550.00 doesn't seem so expensive anymore. Although, no one does a better job than an owner and I can't help but think my friends might be using spray on detailing wax because my MH never had such a mirror like finish.

I'm proud of my effort and sore as hell, especially my knee from getting on and off the scaffold (would have been worse if I had tried using a ladder).

tedgard01 10-19-2014 08:37 AM

Great job!

Ted

ctpres 10-19-2014 06:43 PM

Inverter powered outlets

Still checking things out on our new 37KT. Decided to test frig on inverter and it worked fine for about five hours before reaching 10.5 volts (auto gen start not tested yet). While it was on inverter I decided to see what other outlets were on and working. All three inside TV's (not outside) and 110 outlet on wall near dash computer desk. Don't see much need for TV on the road - but having 110 for computers will be nice.

ctpres 10-20-2014 07:23 AM

More Mod's Fixes and Upgrades

#8 Sorry had two #6. Bathroom under sink storage floor is about 12 inches above main floor. Since water heater and furnace were located in other places I wondered what could be in that space. Using my borescope I found that it was mostly empty space. Only some plumbing and electrical running along the back edge. The panel covering the hole is secured with a bunch of 1/2 inch staples. I removed the front panel by wedging a putty knife between the cabinet frame and thin panel covering then pushed a flat blade screwdriver between panel and putty knife to keep from damaging the cabinet frame. Once the panel was removed it was simply as case of removing remaining staples and cleaning up the mess left over from construction. So Now we have storage for over 24 rolls of toilet paper or whatever else DW decides to store there.

sbleiweiss 10-20-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2276329)
Still checking things out on our new 37KT. Decided to test frig on inverter and it worked fine for about five hours before reaching 10.5 volts (auto gen start not tested yet). While it was on inverter I decided to see what other outlets were on and working. All three inside TV's (not outside) and 110 outlet on wall near dash computer desk. Don't see much need for TV on the road - but having 110 for computers will be nice.

That outlet by the computer desk is live off the alternator when driving even if the inverter/refrigerator aren't in use.

ctpres 10-20-2014 07:34 AM

#9 After removing and reinstalling the Rapid Camp remote in the holder a few times, I finally figured out it was not seating fully in the holder. The two mounting screws were round head and stuck out far enough to keep remote from snapping in as it should. Just replaced them with flat head screws and done.

ctpres 10-20-2014 07:40 AM

10. Suspected there would be a lot of saw dust in the floor heating ducts. Yup and I mean a bunch. Removed floor vents, put long flexable hose extension on vac and two full dust bags later I could run furnace with no dust coming out.

ctpres 10-20-2014 10:09 AM

Anderson four way selector valve

Found this good description of the four way water selector valve operation.

(1). Fill the On-Board Tanks
(2). Pressurized Water Directly to the Fixtures
(3). Pump from the Holding Tank to the Fixtures
(4). Draw Winterizing Fluid from a Bucket into the Holding Tank, Lines and Fixtures.
(5). Sanitize the Tanks, Lines and Fixtures with the On-Board Pump
(6). Fill the Holding Tank from a Bucket or Stream when City Pressure is not available

As usual one question answered leads to another question. Does anyone know where the hose for drawing bucket water is?

tedgard01 10-20-2014 11:28 AM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2277141)
Found this good description of the four way water selector valve operation. (1). Fill the On-Board Tanks, (2). Pressurized Water Directly to the Fixtures, (3). Pump from the Holding Tank to the Fixtures, (4). Draw Winterizing Fluid from a Bucket into the Holding Tank, Lines and Fixtures, (5). Sanitize the Tanks, Lines and Fixtures with the On-Board Pump, (6). Fill the Holding Tank from a Bucket or Stream when City Pressure is not available. As usual one question answered leads to another question. Does anyone know where the hose for drawing bucket water is?

Where did you find this description? My expectation would be the same hose connection used for city fixtures, and you would supply the hose.

Ted

tedgard01 10-20-2014 11:37 AM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2276958)
#9 After removing and reinstalling the Rapid Camp remote in the holder a few times, I finally figured out it was not seating fully in the holder. The two mounting screws were round head and stuck out far enough to keep remote from snapping in as it should. Just replaced them with flat head screws and done.

Could you please provide a picture of this holder and where it is located? In my 37GT, I don't think it has a holder.

Ted

ctpres 10-20-2014 12:02 PM

11. Sliding doors were not plumb with wall or each other for the double's when closed. Door hangers/sliders are adjustable. Use a very thin 3/8" open end wrench and turn nut (at each of the two hangers between top of door and ceiling track) a little at a time and check results. You can raise or lower each end of the door. If doors are very close to ceiling wood trim, it may be necessary to remove them to get a wrench on the nuts. Look for a small tab on top of door bracket. It rotates unlocking the slider and then you can move the slider out of the slot.

ctpres 10-20-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2277278)
Where did you find this description? My expectation would be the same hose connection used for city fixtures, and you would supply the hose.

Ted

On this website: the description I posted came from this page:
https://https://www.andersonbrass.com/rv_TEST.PHP

And this page - see colored drawings
https://https://www.andersonbrass.com/...ll_station.php pretty much confirms your thinking. Need to test and see. As usual two heads are better than one.

ctpres 10-20-2014 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2277292)
Could you please provide a picture of this holder and where it is located? In my 37GT, I don't think it has a holder.

Ted

37KT Rapid Camp holder is on wall at bathroom door. It looks a bit like a cell phone holster. Brass colored screws are the ones I put in.

tedgard01 10-20-2014 03:40 PM

I don't think I had a holder, and certainly not one on the wall. Thanks for the picture.

Ted