iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

tedgard01 10-21-2014 10:25 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 2279020)
This was my mod to remove the preinstalled hose storage pipe under the bay

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...0&d=1362929741

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...9&d=1362929741

Thanks Don.

I wonder if you could make that with a part of the lid cut out to accommodate a water hose or the 50 amp cord. Then have a small piece that could swing over and cover the cut out section when not in use?

Ted

DGShaffer 10-22-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2279658)
Thanks Don.

I wonder if you could make that with a part of the lid cut out to accommodate a water hose or the 50 amp cord. Then have a small piece that could swing over and cover the cut out section when not in use?

Ted

I could :D

ctpres 10-22-2014 01:30 PM

More Mod's Fixes and Upgrades

1 Attachment(s)
#15. Took dump hose storage off old RV and finally found a place to put it on our new 37KT. Looked at just about every undercarriage location and for one reason or another decided no go on the bottom. I figured pass thru storage was to valuable to waste and if dump hose was still a bit stinky from being used we would regret it. The battery and lift system bay is open all the way thru to the steps and gets lots of ventilation. At first glance mounting hardware to the steps looks nearly impossible - but it turns out to be easy. With just a little bending you can sit up on the street side of the drive shaft. I did not go into details on the fence post part as it is not really new and has been discussed many times.

tedgard01 10-22-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2280468)
#15. Took dump hose storage off old RV and finally found a place to put it on our new 37KT. Looked at just about every undercarriage location and for one reason or another decided no go on the bottom. I figured pass thru storage was to valuable to waste and if dump hose was still a bit stinky from being used we would regret it. The battery and lift system bay is open all the way thru to the steps and gets lots of ventilation. At first glance mounting hardware to the steps looks nearly impossible - but it turns out to be easy. With just a little bending you can sit up on the street side of the drive shaft. I did not go into details on the fence post part as it is not really new and has been discussed many times.

Nice job!

Ted

JohnG2013KT 10-23-2014 12:59 PM

OK .. I'll admit it .. I'm stumped .. I can't figure out what to use to remove the screws holding the hinges on the storage doors? The screw heads look to be torx, but nothing I've found will work? Any thoughts?

As mentioned last week, I have one door where the outer skin has come loose from the frame . I need to remove it so that I can lay it flat and re-glue and clamp.

ctpres 10-23-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnG2013KT (Post 2281827)
OK .. I'll admit it .. I'm stumped .. I can't figure out what to use to remove the screws holding the hinges on the storage doors? The screw heads look to be torx, but nothing I've found will work? Any thoughts?

As mentioned last week, I have one door where the outer skin has come loose from the frame . I need to remove it so that I can lay it flat and re-glue and clamp.

Just had occasion to remove one door and had no problem. Removed screws from frame leaving hinges on door. Believe it was S2. a square drive not the splined.

ctpres 10-25-2014 07:10 PM

What's behind 37KT pantry?

1 Attachment(s)
While I had all the drawers and shelf out making some changes, I decided to look. Sorry for side view pic but tried to show everything.

ctpres 10-25-2014 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#16. Free, well almost free shelf in pantry. As delivered our 37KT pantry had three drawers with the bottom one being located less than one inch from pantry floor. Since floor of pantry was designed to hold a washer and dryer it had to strong enough for heavy items. Removed drawers, slide rails and front wood spacer that rails attached to. Decided how much space we wanted and cut two wood strips to replace spacer that was removed. Then it was just a case of re-installing the trim just removed on top of new spacer and using the same spacing and screw holes as the original configuration. Be sure rails are level and same 24 inch width as original. Not sure why drawers don't look level in pic but they are, plus on minus 1/16". Sorry, another side view picture trying to show all the detail. Depending on your software you may be able to click pic - if it reloads then click pic again and get really big pic to study detail. Notice different colored wood just below bottom drawer - that is top of new spacer.

ctpres 10-25-2014 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#17. Nothing came with frig to keep both doors open for ventilation when not in use. Think dog bone. Just took a piece of scrap pine and notched to fit space between doors. Just be sure large ends are thin enough to let doors close light switch.

ctpres 10-26-2014 02:45 PM

More Mods Fixes and Upgrades

#18. With passenger sliding window fully open it stops with bar right in drivers curb side mirror viewing area. Fix - remove rubber bumper in top slide channel. Cut off about 1/2 inch and reinstall with bumper touching front end of channel. Now the bar is right on the edge of mirror.

ctpres 10-26-2014 06:42 PM

37 KT sub woofer - where is it?

Can't find it in our 2015. Looked just about everywhere. Do have wire connected to sound bar sub output jack.

bdickson 10-26-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2285909)
Can't find it in our 2015. Looked just about everywhere. Do have wire connected to sound bar sub output jack.

Did you look under the couch? That's where they put it in my 37GT.

okiefrank 10-26-2014 10:58 PM

If you have a 2013 37 GT and look for the converter, it is under the floor of the kitchen sink, remove 6 screws and remove the floor,, it is down where it can get wet if the plumbing leaks,, The inverter is another story, the rear side of the bed has a panel at the head of the bed, again remove the screws and the water heater is visible, the inverter is forward of the heater behind the front side of the bed, there is also a breaker on the inverter, Mine was tripped and was not working right. it only took the tech 3 hours to check out a problem

LyonsL 10-26-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2285909)

It's located inside the entertainment center, on the floor behind the fireplace. There should be an access panel inside the bottom / right cabinet.