iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

tedgard01 11-07-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bweiler (Post 2300721)
... My fridge only runs for an hour before draining past the 12v mark and kicking in auto gen start. ...


When you say that the fridge only runs for an hour before the auto gen start kicked in, I assume you must mean that this happens when you are parked without running the engine and/or dry camping without being hooked up to electricity. Is that correct?

Have you asked Thor about this? Also, I had this problem after first getting my coach. I found that the main breaker behind the house batteries was flipped off, preventing the proper charging of the house batteries. This is not a breaker in the main panel. Mine is a black breaker with a flat type switch located at the bottom of the breaker. That flat switch has to be pushed up to reset the breaker. It should be attached to the frame just behind the house batteries with a cable from the batteries attached to it. My generator had to start to keep the house batteries charged as well, but after getting that breaker reset, and fully charging the house batteries, it solved that problem and the fridge can now run far longer before the generator needs to run. Just a thought from my personal experiance.


Ted

okiefrank 11-07-2014 10:55 PM

I added 2, 6 volt batteries, I had a frame for them added to the engine compartment in the space between the grill and the radiators, It does not reduce the air flow, the cables are connected to the old house batteries and I also added solar panels on the roof, I can camp all weekend and still have 12 volts left thats using the satellite and tv also.'

bigdaddy5120 11-08-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnG2013KT (Post 2301422)
Last year, I passed on some info from Thor regarding the siphoning of my 'full' water tank.. Thor's response was that I needed to add a section of 'slightly' bigger hose to the overflow lines . Well I finally got around to it .. I think that I did it as suggested by Thor .. but lo and behold .. it didn't work .. the tank drained every drop out .. I did notice that until the final burp, the level test indicator was showing full? .. Not sure why ... other than it's possible that there was a huge air bubble in the tank.. created when I was filling it? .So .. I tried it again .. but this time opened the faucet in the bathroom .. And this time it seemed to work .. The tank drained the overflow, then stopped .. If anyone can add anything after looking at the pic, I would appreciate as I am not convinced that the problem is solved .. My next option is to add a gate valve to each of the overflow lines .. Which will work, but leaves me somewhat concerned that If I forget to open the valves when filling the tank, I will blow out a line?

I put a larger line in a loop (Top of loop up above the tank). I drove about 300 miles to mountains and it was still full. seemed to work.

Bweiler 11-09-2014 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2301515)
When you say that the fridge only runs for an hour before the auto gen start kicked in, I assume you must mean that this happens when you are parked without running the engine and/or dry camping without being hooked up to electricity. Is that correct?

Have you asked Thor about this? Also, I had this problem after first getting my coach. I found that the main breaker behind the house batteries was flipped off, preventing the proper charging of the house batteries. This is not a breaker in the main panel. Mine is a black breaker with a flat type switch located at the bottom of the breaker. That flat switch has to be pushed up to reset the breaker. It should be attached to the frame just behind the house batteries with a cable from the batteries attached to it. My generator had to start to keep the house batteries charged as well, but after getting that breaker reset, and fully charging the house batteries, it solved that problem and the fridge can now run far longer before the generator needs to run. Just a thought from my personal experiance.


Ted


Thanks - I will definitely check this out and locate this breaker

ctpres 11-09-2014 04:57 PM

More Mods Fixes and Upgrades
 
#22. Discovered more storage space 37KT! Basement curb side compartment under pantry/washer dryer closet had heavy duty wood panel at back end of top shelf. Decided to "see what was on the other side." With an arm stretcher, lots of wiggling and a small battery powered screwdriver I was able to remove screws securing it to the floor. Now I could see pass thru went all the way across and was blocked at the other end by the dump hardware for the washing machine gray water tank. There were no support brackets for the tank between the ends. Seems to me the heavy duty panel was supposed to be a support for tank bottom - but where it was when I removed it there was almost 1/2 inch space between tank bottom and panel, probably about as long from door as installers arm. So I simply pushed it to the other side until it touched the bottom of the tank and then a bit more to wedge it in. No way to put screws in so wedging is only way to keep it in place. I considered leaving it out - but decided my memory would fail if we ever installed a washing machine and I would forget to re-install it. Moving the panel almost doubled the storage space of the pass thru area.

ctpres 11-09-2014 05:13 PM

Be Careful 7 way outlet hot wires!
 
Finally getting around to setting toad up for towing and decided to use my 7 way tester to be sure everything worked at coach end before I started. As soon as I plugged tester in it showed power was on to one pair! No lights on and ignition key off. Have no idea what is power source but after a bit of messing around I concluded it must be 5 amps or more. Left/right turn park and flasher lights all work as they should. If anybody knows why it is hot with everything off - let us know. Initial thinking leads me to believe I can use that hot pair to keep toads battery charged.

RVredneck 11-09-2014 09:18 PM

Does anyone know if both awnings on 37kt are power or manual?

Webman9113 11-10-2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVredneck (Post 2304190)
Does anyone know if both awnings on 37kt are power or manual?

In our 2014.5 37KT, the forward awning is power, the aft one is manual (but very easy to put in and out).

ctpres 11-10-2014 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVredneck (Post 2304190)
Does anyone know if both awnings on 37kt are power or manual?

2015 37kt - both power, Rapid Camp and led in awning track

ctpres 11-10-2014 04:54 AM

Air to inside rear tire
 
Having problems deciding what to do: valve extension, braided hose, Cat's eye, Crossfire or just do whatever truckers do.
What did you do?

bdickson 11-10-2014 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2304374)
Having problems deciding what to do: valve extension, braided hose, Cat's eye, Crossfire or just do whatever truckers do.
What did you do?

I installed Crossfires a while ago and I really like them.

ctpres 11-10-2014 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 2304376)
I installed Crossfires a while ago and I really like them.

High on my list - could you post a pic?

sbleiweiss 11-10-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVredneck (Post 2304190)
Does anyone know if both awnings on 37kt are power or manual?

My 14.5 KT has one power (front) and one manual (rear). The slide room is so close to the power awning that it doesn't allow for pitching the awning at all with the slide out. A really stupid design.

RVredneck 11-10-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2304365)
2015 37kt - both power, Rapid Camp and led in awning track


Sweet. Can't wait to play with it!!!

On another topic....I've been sniffing around on the thor forums and I'm quite concerned about the amount of negative stories of quality on these units. Is it just a matter of the few unhappy customers voicing their opinions and the happy ones stay silent??


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.