iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Excel Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   SeeLevel display in wet bay (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f116/seelevel-display-in-wet-bay-154490.html)

drfife 03-16-2013 09:28 AM

SeeLevel display in wet bay

Has anyone installed a second SeeLevel display in the wet bay?

It would be very handy to see tank levels while filling or dumping from the wet bay.

Any installation tips?

TexasTwoStep 03-16-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfife (Post 1497928)

It would be very handy to see tank levels while filling or dumping from the wet bay.

Any installation tips?

You're trying to take all the fun out of rving. DW and have some of out best discussions over tv signal strengths and monitor levels.

drfife 03-16-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasTwoStep (Post 1498120)
You're trying to take all the fun out of rving. DW and have some of out best discussions over tv signal strengths and monitor levels.

Your DW is sweeter than mine. She sits in the truck at dump stations.

BobGed 03-16-2013 04:38 PM

Yes I did. There are a few pics of my install at the following link that might be of interest.
See Level Photos by bobged | Photobucket

drfife 03-16-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobGed (Post 1498273)
Yes I did. There are a few pics of my install at the following link that might be of interest.
See Level Photos by bobged | Photobucket

Thanks for the pictures!

CampDaven 03-16-2013 05:37 PM

Well, the FW overflows a bit when full and the clear plastic dump nozzle shows when the other tanks are empty.
No offense intended.
I gave up on tank guages that never tell the truth 2 coaches ago.
Just sayin.....

Still Working "NOT" 03-16-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfife (Post 1497928)

Any installation tips?

Curiosity is killing this cat. I am wondering what your thoughts are for wanting to do this. I can understand for filling the fresh water since you folks with the newer rigs don't have a tank fill spot on the outside. I can't figure out why on the black and gray since you can tell when the water stops flowing when dumping each.

Looks to me like cost would be more then the value would be.

Pigman1 03-16-2013 07:31 PM

I put the whole system with 2 panels into my 2008 Allegro Bus and the 2013 Bus came from the factory with 2 panels. When flushing the black tank I've had a minor plug where I got to 5% before it broke loose and came out with a rush. No water flow until then. Never had a problem with the grey tank, but the 2nd panel in the wet bay is a big comfort factor and once past the price of the panel, the hookup is a snap.

drfife 03-16-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CampDaven (Post 1498323)
......I gave up on tank guages that never tell the truth 2 coaches ago.
Just sayin.....

I take it you've never had SeeLevel gauges.

Dr4Film 03-16-2013 07:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My OEM tank level system has always worked fine BUT the display was located in an overhead cabinet above the co-pilots seat. Not a convenient place when working at the outside service bay.

I decided to install a second SeeLevel system with the display in the service bay. Works awesome and always accurate.

Photos attached.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

drfife 03-16-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" (Post 1498419)
Curiosity is killing this cat. I am wondering what your thoughts are for wanting to do this. I can understand for filling the fresh water since you folks with the newer rigs don't have a tank fill spot on the outside. I can't figure out why on the black and gray since you can tell when the water stops flowing when dumping .....

I often empty my tanks at central dump stations and usually a line waiting behind me. It would be beneficial (to me) to know how much is left to drain. Sometimes on my EL Winslow the black tank drains slowly.

I used to wait to dump the black when nearly full. It's come to light that is not a good idea with my trailer. So now I dump after each stop. It was much easier to dump upon arrival, but that's not to be.

Also, I've been advised to travel with approximately 30% fluids in the black and grey tanks. With gauges in the wet bay, this all would be easy. I'm now running inside to check, which is not convenient at central dump stations.

And finally, I like toys and gadgets. I could save a ton of money if I went back to tents or pop-ups. I don't need slideouts, auto leveling, full body paint and a plethora of other gizmos. So what's the problem wanting an extra tank level gauge?

CampDaven 03-16-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfife (Post 1498433)

I take it you've never had SeeLevel gauges.

Nope. I dump every 4 or 5 days. I know how to avoid the "pyramid of poo". No guages required.
What I aint got I dont need. I spend money on other toys and gadgets.

drfife 03-16-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr4Film (Post 1498444)
My OEM tank level system has always worked fine BUT the display was located in an overhead cabinet above the co-pilots seat. Not a convenient place when working at the outside service bay.

I decided to install a second SeeLevel system with the display in the service bay. Works awesome and always accurate.

Photos attached.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Richard, thanks for the pictures.

Did you run separate wires directly to the tanks or splice into the existing display wiring?

drfife 03-16-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CampDaven (Post 1498480)
Nope. I dump every 4 or 5 days. I know how to avoid the "pyramid of poo". No guages required.
What I aint got I dont need. I spend money on other toys and gadgets.

Your style of RV'ing is very different than mine.

I don't stay in one place 4 or 5 days except on rare occasion. I don't full time. I rarely camp at sites with sewer at the campsite.

The extra gauge is a toy I'd use regularly.