iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   R U an RV Mutant too? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/r-u-an-rv-mutant-too-157739.html)

flaggship1 04-15-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Noble
I wanna Join! I'll be RVM10 (into double numbers). We are 1/2 timers. 6 months out and 6 months at the S&B. We spend 5 months down south, one on the road and then return to the nest.

I'm into modifying the 5er because I have to - just have to.

Welcome RVM10. A rolling mutant gathers no moss! I like additions too but in true mutant fashion, I try to get rid of something I don't need when I add things. Can be a challenge, but RVMs love a challenge. :D

woodburner 04-15-2013 12:03 PM

Kssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhht. RV MUTANT 11 TO RV MUTANT 1.....
KSSSHHHHT....Do we have clearance for landing?:eek:

flaggship1 04-15-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodburner

I think RVM1 is living the good life today. RVM11 - you're cleared to land. (I was an AF Air Traffic Controller so I guess I'm still able to provide clearance.)

One thing for sure - you get it!! KSSSSHHHT RVM2 Out :D KSSSSHHHT

jdoc 04-15-2013 01:58 PM

Wow, this is awesome. Welcome to all the new RVM's.

RVM3

CampDaven 04-15-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodburner (Post 1532465)

Are you actually Roger Willco?

Welcome RVM11

Dave

CampDaven 04-15-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylviaCub (Post 1532294)
My name is Sylvia and I am an RV Mutant. :D I'll take RVM#9, please.

We are in the process of refurbishing a 1979 travel trailer that will likely end up being an complete rebuilt. I get a kick out of the folks who bought new or near new, admittedly glorious MHs, and then decide the amenities they bought were not to their liking.

I believe that often "less is more" when it comes to RVs. Want to see my "rv clothes washer?" Here she is... About Us
and it's made in the USA, (Nampa, ID) 20 plunges and most clothes are clean. I use it at home sometimes too.

Welcome RVM9!!!!

Inovation is the mother of creative thinking. Love the washer!

Dave
RVM1

CampDaven 04-15-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Noble (Post 1532436)
I wanna Join! I'll be RVM10 (into double numbers). We are 1/2 timers. 6 months out and 6 months at the S&B. We spend 5 months down south, one on the road and then return to the nest.

I'm into modifying the 5er because I have to - just have to.

Welcome to the first double gigit RVM!

Dave
RVM1

Papawto5 04-15-2013 07:19 PM

RVM5 checking back in

I consider it an honor to be a RV mutant. In its finest form, being a mutant allows each of us to examine our current living status and make a conscious decision to be totally at ease with our circumstances. Satisfaction with one's final chapters in life make the entire "book" such a great read. We can wish and whine but why waste the energy doing that. Like they say, you can whine about your aches and pains in your body until you realize that many others are given a terminal diagnosis from the doctor each day of the month.

4kids 04-15-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaggship1 (Post 1531883)
perhaps we should dub you Phaedrus - but only in the most positive and mutant like manner.

Funny--I tell my students it's widely recognized that you have to be a little nuts to teach middle school; and the fact that I love it makes me certifiable.

I'll accept that as a compliment (if that's how it was meant), but it feels too much like tempting fate. I'd rather just be Michelle/4kids/RVM4.

So good to meet all the self-identified mutants out there. You are the coolest people--and I'm betting the happiest, too!

Dogpatch 04-15-2013 07:33 PM

What happens if you aren't retired or a full timer? Is there a subsidiary mutant club? Honorary membership?

flaggship1 04-15-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4kids

Funny--I tell my students it's widely recognized that you have to be a little nuts to teach middle school; and the fact that I love it makes me certifiable.

I'll accept that as a compliment (if that's how it was meant), but it feels too much like tempting fate. I'd rather just be Michelle/4kids/RVM4.

So good to meet all the self-identified mutants out there. You are the coolest people--and I'm betting the happiest, too!

So ya did read it! And yes it was a compliment - as that book was among the many that lead me down the trail to RV Mutant land. I wanted to be a writer and maybe I will someday. The writing style of that book and the BMW, the ride, the crazies was something new to me. It opened my thinking about things in a different way. It was captivating in a strange way. Of course that was a long time ago. So, I'll be Phaedrus today and you are of course, Michelle/4kids/RVM4. :D

This is turning out to be a great gathering of mutants. Any other RVMs out there?
RVM2
Steve and Annie

flaggship1 04-15-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogpatch
What happens if you aren't retired or a full timer? Is there a subsidiary mutant club? Honorary membership?

I'm not retired or full time yet. RVMs are happy with what they have, love the RV life, and see things for what they are. They don't miss what they don't have and the journey is their destination. You are of course qualified. Anyone that will fly 2,000 miles to pick up a motorhome and turn around and drive back in two and half days of 50 mph wind is RVM material. Next number is 12 and yours for the taking. :D

flaggship1 04-15-2013 08:03 PM

Papato5 - you said a mouthful. And there is no reason for putting off adapting (mutating) to that kind of outlook and yet we do. In the scheme of things, we are gone in the blink of an eye, so why not be thankful and happy!!

CampDaven 04-15-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogpatch (Post 1532899)

How you RV does not matter.
I diagnose you with probable high RVM tendency.
There are RVMs. Others are simply not.
You in?

Dave