iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

Ranger Rick 12-16-2018 09:58 AM

Water leak

We recently developed a fresh water leak coming from up above the bay just forward of the passenger side drive axle. The grey tank tank is there and the leak is just forward of the tank. A lot of sheet metal is not allowing me to see where the leak is coming from. Ran hot water in galley sink and the water leaking was very cold, leaking while dw was showering and water was very cold. This is intermittent so diagnosing is difficult. Any one out there have a similar issue? There is no order from the water so I suspect it is coming from a fresh water source.

Ranger rick
2013 tour QD

Lv2Roam2 12-16-2018 11:21 AM

Rick On my coach the water line runs are one solid piece transiting from the water pump to the rear of the coach with connections at the pump and the sinks / shower faucets. I did the following to chase a leak:

- Pulled the interior of the front bath cabinet to get access to the sink connections and the AAV
- Pulled the panel lining the passenger side of the fresh water tank to see a great number of connections to/from the water pump and city water connection
- Pulled the cover off the water pump enclosure to see all that

You can also pull the air return cover next to the bed to see the shower connections. And as a wild card - I found that water coming off the slide cover was running down the slide out seal and entering the two compartments in front of the drive axle. Good luck ...

jwmaustin 12-17-2018 01:12 AM

New compartment door latch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4307603)
I saw this in a new coach and had to have it. Saves on the back.
Attachment 212070Attachment 212071Attachment 212072Attachment 212073Attachment 212074
Jesse

Jesse I see what you addd there. I can speak from experience of having had those cables that they can be a real pain (at least on my model on the passenger side). The cable can catch the sliding tray as you move it in and out. This ends up breaking it frequently. I had to add some devices to keep the tray from hitting the cable.

This might not be true on the QD but on the 2016 HD it is.

Jbmsr 12-20-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmaustin (Post 4547212)
Jesse I see what you addd there. I can speak from experience of having had those cables that they can be a real pain (at least on my model on the passenger side). The cable can catch the sliding tray as you move it in and out. This ends up breaking it frequently. I had to add some devices to keep the tray from hitting the cable.

This might not be true on the QD but on the 2016 HD it is.

I didnít think about that.
What type of device did you add?
Thanks
Jesse

jwmaustin 12-21-2018 12:36 AM

I added two things. One was a retainer to hold the cable up against the door some and then I added a “ramp” on the door where the slide hit to push the door open for clearance as it came out. I used some plastic pieces I had laying around but a better solution would be something like oak or walnut that is hard to make the ramp.

I can take a photo maybe tomorrow

seas2sail 03-10-2019 05:49 PM

Entrance Door 4 wire connector - wiring diagram

Good Afternoon everyone - hope you are all doing well.

I had to change my Kwikee step motor and after reinstalling I can either have the step go in and out as it is supposed to with the coach on/off and none of the remote or entry lock switches work. If I flip one of the 4 pin connectors I get the remote and entry lock switches working but the step doesn't retract.

Any thoughts - I've looked at Winnebago drawing #177331 "Wiring Instl-Front End" and in Detail AB it has the 4 pin connector that is in the door frame but I cannot find any detail for the connector that is in the door itself.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is getting out and enjoying their units - even with the rainy weather we've had on the East Coast.

Thanks! Bob

jwmaustin 03-21-2019 04:04 AM

No response

Quote:

Originally Posted by seas2sail (Post 4671495)
Good Afternoon everyone - hope you are all doing well.

I had to change my Kwikee step motor and after reinstalling I can either have the step go in and out as it is supposed to with the coach on/off and none of the remote or entry lock switches work. If I flip one of the 4 pin connectors I get the remote and entry lock switches working but the step doesn't retract.

Any thoughts - I've looked at Winnebago drawing #177331 "Wiring Instl-Front End" and in Detail AB it has the 4 pin connector that is in the door frame but I cannot find any detail for the connector that is in the door itself.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is getting out and enjoying their units - even with the rainy weather we've had on the East Coast.

Thanks! Bob

Welcome here Bob,
I see no one has responded. I don't have any knowledge of what you are asking but perhaps you will need to take the door apart. I know whenever I take those extreme steps it turns out something obvious and simple shows up!

The simple solution always presents itself after going too far so it reminds me of how we are all just pawns in the grand ironic schemes of life. :)

Bill

Wayne M 03-21-2019 11:27 AM

I'm not well versed in this, so I'm wondering how changing a step motor out could affect the remote or entry lock system? I'm definitely confused.

jwmaustin 03-24-2019 10:46 PM

Me too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne M (Post 4688178)
I'm not well versed in this, so I'm wondering how changing a step motor out could affect the remote or entry lock system? I'm definitely confused.

I agree Wayne. It seems like there is more troubleshooting needed. The only thing I could see in common between the entry lock and the steps is the common connector in the door i.e. the electric door lock and the electric step are both affected via a signal that comes in through the door connector.

seas2sail 03-25-2019 05:47 PM

The only thing I can think of is that the steps were out when I changed the motor and maybe the 12V was "inverted" to think the step was in. I know it sounds crazy. I have taken the connector off of the door frame and made sure it was as the drawing on the Winnebago website, as I can see the markings on each individual wire. On the connector in the door, it is alternating blue then white then blue then white but no markings or labels on those wires. So I'm guessing I messed up the connection sequence and just can't find a definitive wiring diagram. I'll have to see if Winnebago customer service could help.

Wayne M 03-25-2019 09:37 PM

Disconnect the step wire. If the step was out put it in by hand, reconnect the wire and see if that works. I had a problem with the controler once and had a half way out step. I moved it by hand and it started working again.

Jbmsr 05-15-2019 06:58 AM

2013 Tour tips

3 Attachment(s)
Plastic carpet protector replacement
Part # 93743-09-04A
$1.75 per foot at Lichtsinn. I bought 39 feet. Had 5 feet left to double at mid section. Attachment 246009Attachment 246010Attachment 246011
Jesse

Jbmsr 05-15-2019 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The two rear and driver front up swing cargo doors would drift down.

4 each Rear replacement gas spring part number 142569-21-000

2 each front replacement gas spring part number 142569-13-000

Easy to replace. Release clip then snap off. New one just snaps on.
Attachment 246142

Jesse

marco1b 05-16-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4775344)
The two rear and driver front up swing cargo doors would drift down.

4 each Rear replacement gas spring part number 142569-21-000

2 each front replacement gas spring part number 142569-13-000

Easy to replace. Release clip then snap off. New one just snaps on.
Attachment 246142

Jesse

I was at Winnebago last week to get a new windshield. And decided I was tired of having the rear doors come down on my head. I also had the 142569-21-000 Spring/Gas-60 lb., 20 “ Extended/. 12” Compressed, but since they were not working good I replaced with 142569-16-000 Spring/Gas-90 lb., 20 “ Extended/. 12” Compressed and the doors really stay up now! Oh, and the 90lbs were cheaper too.