iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

marco1b 05-16-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4774180)
Plastic carpet protector replacement
Part # 93743-09-04A
$1.75 per foot at Lichtsinn. I bought 39 feet. Had 5 feet left to double at mid section. Attachment 246009Attachment 246010Attachment 246011
Jesse

I should have bought some of the plastic when I was at Winnebago, but didn't think of it. Our plastic/rug has not held up well.

marco1b 05-16-2019 12:29 PM

Antifreeze LLC/ELC vs Fully Formulated w/SCA's

Our coaches came with "Fully Formulated x/SCA's" antifreeze, that require SCA testing every 6 months to guard against engine cylinder cavitation (pitting of the cylinder lining). The Long Lasting (LLC) and Extended Life (ELC) coolants that do not require testing every six months seem to be the way to go after a complete flush of the existing coolant. Freightliner in Gaffney, SC taught a 2 day class at the GNR in Forest City that I attended in 2014. In 2014 and the last time I checked (six months ago) they said to NEVER EVER switch over to the LLC/ELC coolants as it has been known to cause the low coolant sensor in the overflow tank to fail causing a complete shutdown of the coach. I find this hard to believe especially since Cummings and Freightliner service centers calm they only use ELC's (mostly trucks I expect) Wondering if any of you have switched over to a LLC/ELC coolant, and if so the type of coolant and if you have had problems. I have 30K on my coach. Thanks Marco1b

Rbeckwith 07-14-2019 11:29 AM

Main tv

Has anyone replaced the main tv, we are looking at putting in a smart tv. Thought Id stay with Samsung and same size 40
Thanks for your help😎

Digger29 07-15-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbeckwith (Post 4864020)
Has anyone replaced the main tv, we are looking at putting in a smart tv. Thought Id stay with Samsung and same size 40
Thanks for your help😎

Your TV is only a 40"? The TV in our 14 Meridian 42E was a 46" Samsung and I replaced it with a 55" Samsung 4K. It fits perfectly with some altering of the factory mount and it doesn't hang over either side of the cabinet so it looks factory in humble opinion :-)

Rbeckwith 07-16-2019 03:18 PM

Diagonally it’s 40” then there a frame around it, ends up being about 44”. Ours is in the diagonal position behind the drivers seat in the full wall slide. Might be enough room to push it out to 46” but not much more.

Rbeckwith 07-16-2019 03:31 PM

Jesse I guess I dont know what the purpose of the carpet protector is. Please educate me once again.
TIA
Bob

Digger29 07-17-2019 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbeckwith (Post 4867547)
Diagonally its 40 then there a frame around it, ends up being about 44. Ours is in the diagonal position behind the drivers seat in the full wall slide. Might be enough room to push it out to 46 but not much more.

Does your cabinet look like ours? I thought the 13 was the same as our 14.
This is ours after I mounted the 55". It fits perfect and looks like the factory installed it.

Jbmsr 07-19-2019 10:57 AM

Carpet protector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbeckwith (Post 4867564)
Jesse I guess I dont know what the purpose of the carpet protector is. Please educate me once again.
TIA
Bob

Hi Bob
Sorry for the delay. I haven't been able to reply to anyone. I kept getting an error message. Turns out I overlooked an email I needed to reply to.
The plastic strip supports the carpet when the slide is in, it keeps the carpet from flexing so much which would show ware quickly. Also when the slide is out it helps the carpet lay flat over the slide groove.
When the slide is in, people tend to step on the carpet edge. This causes the plastic protector to crack in the middle which is why i replaced mine.
Jesse

Jbmsr 07-19-2019 12:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbeckwith (Post 4864020)
Thanks for your help😎

Rbeckwith
I took the existing tv off by removing the top bracket screws and lifting it up and out. I removed the bracket from the back of the tv and set it back into place on the wall. I put two long pieces of two sided tape to the top and bottom of the bracket. Then I picked the 50" tv up and placed it in place and pushed it against the two sided tape. When it bonded I picked the tv and bracket up and out and laid the tv face down on the couch. I outlined the bracket with masking tape as to not loose my position. This allowed me to drill 4 holes in the correct place to secure the bracket to the tv. I also had to cut two openings in the bracket, one for the new power cord position and one for the accessory panel. Then I set the tv and bracket back onto the wall like it came off.
Now I needed to get the screws back into the top of the tv bracket but there wasn't enough room to get down to them.
Solution:
I remove the tv and bracket from the wall. I cut metal strips 1"x 2"s and drilled a hole in one end just large enough for the original screws to fit in freely. I screwed each metal strip above the original holes and secure them side ways.
I set the tv and bracket back into place then loosened each metal strip and let it fall down over the bracket then re tightened them.
Before I mounted the tv I installed component access cords that I could access after it was mounted.
I installed a Samsung Smart tv model number 50UH6201 (DY)
Jesse

Rbeckwith 07-21-2019 01:02 PM

Tv replacement

Jesse thank you for the info on the tv. I have ordered the tv will give it a go. Also if I might ask does you full wall slide go out far enough to lay flat? Ours seems to have a pretty substantial rise when out. I can see the window side of the slide drop but the front side goes down some but doesnt end up flat.
Thank you
Bob

Jbmsr 07-22-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbeckwith (Post 4874707)
Jesse thank you for the info on the tv. I have ordered the tv will give it a go. Also if I might ask does you full wall slide go out far enough to lay flat? Ours seems to have a pretty substantial rise when out. I can see the window side of the slide drop but the front side goes down some but doesnt end up flat.
Thank you
Bob

Hi Rbeckwith

Yes, mine does.

I would inspect all rollers for wear.

Also I would inspect the tray that the slide rollers ride down into by bring the slide in about 1/3 way where the rollers are just clearing the trays edge to give you the best view with a flash light to see if something is blocking a roller.

I would notice if the front and rear slide roller are equally aligned with the trays edge.

I would inspect around the slide out frame to see if something is obstructing it from opening completely on that edge.

I believe that either something is in its way or the hydraulic rams are now out of adjustment.

It would be more likely that you will find something blocking it.

Hope this helps.

Let me know what you see.

Jesse

loydt 07-24-2019 07:51 AM

Question for you guys, has anybody ever had any issues with the 2nd monitor screen (sony) on the dash? Mine is very dim and you cannot see it hardly at all. The connection cable seems fine and I have gone thru all the contrast and brightness controls on the monitor itself. I think it has just gone bad.

AllanK 07-24-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loydt (Post 4879236)
Question for you guys, has anybody ever had any issues with the 2nd monitor screen (sony) on the dash? Mine is very dim and you cannot see it hardly at all. The connection cable seems fine and I have gone thru all the contrast and brightness controls on the monitor itself. I think it has just gone bad.

Ours is dim, but still readable.

Jbmsr 07-24-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loydt (Post 4879236)

This may help.

Riverpark has the answer.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...io-189619.html

Jesse