iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

Rbeckwith 07-25-2019 05:03 PM

Jesse when you drop the 1x2” strips and then tighten them back up, are those sufficient to hold tv on the top?
I looked at my carpet protector today and it’s pretty much broke the full length. The slide does go flat when it’s out and I was feeling the gap. I think the gap is so evident because of the carpet plastic being broken. Will work to replace that now
Thanks for your help
Bob

Jbmsr 07-25-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbeckwith (Post 4881476)
Jesse when you drop the 1x2Ē strips and then tighten them back up, are those sufficient to hold tv on the top?
I looked at my carpet protector today and itís pretty much broke the full length. The slide does go flat when itís out and I was feeling the gap. I think the gap is so evident because of the carpet plastic being broken. Will work to replace that now
Thanks for your help
Bob

Bob
Yes as long as they are at least thick enough that you canít bend them with your hands.
I believe I used the original screws in the original screw holes. I think there were 6 or seven.

I replace my carpet protector twice since new. The first time I used one continuous pice of 2 sided tape. The second time I used 6Ē sections. It worked best for me putting the protector in place then using tape.

Jesse

jwmaustin 07-27-2019 09:43 PM

Does anyone know if Winnebago motorhome doors use a magnetic sensor? If so where is it? Are the contacts and switches in the door for the lock only or do they serve the purpose of the magnetic sensor?

Rbeckwith 07-28-2019 01:44 PM

Tv replacement

Jesse I think I am going to be able to use old mounts, I moved the bottom mount up 1 inch I believe itís going to work. On the old tv it had 2 rca plug ins on the coach side is a noise suppressor that plugged into the rca jacks. On the old tv the plugs ,seemed to be built in. How did you deal with these?

Jbmsr 07-29-2019 06:01 PM

2013 Tour tips

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmaustin (Post 4884588)
Does anyone know if Winnebago motorhome doors use a magnetic sensor? If so where is it? Are the contacts and switches in the door for the lock only or do they serve the purpose of the magnetic sensor?

Jwmaustin
Assuming you are talking about the entry door. I donít believe your coach entry door has a magnetic sensor in the door mechanism. It does have copper contacts in the hinge mid way up to pass current from the coach to the locking mechanism when shut. You can add a magnetic sensor. Many different types are available on line.
Jesse

jwmaustin 07-30-2019 09:48 PM

Magnetic switch on Winnebago door

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4887326)
Jwmaustin
Assuming you are talking about the entry door. I don’t believe your coach entry door has a magnetic sensor in the door mechanism. It does have copper contacts in the hinge mid way up to pass current from the coach to the locking mechanism when shut. You can add a magnetic sensor. Many different types are available on line.
Jesse

Hi Jesse
Yes the contacts are there and there is some type of magnetic sensor on the front passenger door (see photos). This was factory installed since I purchased it new. I would assume it is for the Kwikee step but I haven’t figured out how to get the door apart yet to confirm that.

Bill

Jbmsr 07-31-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmaustin (Post 4889047)
Hi Jesse
Yes the contacts are there and there is some type of magnetic sensor on the front passenger door (see photos). This was factory installed since I purchased it new. I would assume it is for the Kwikee step but I havenít figured out how to get the door apart yet to confirm that.

Bill

Bill
I wasnít aware of that sensor. I have been scratching my head, and looking at wiring diagrams to try and figure out what itís for.
I wonder if it is to complete a circuit when the door is closed. May be tied into the passenger step cover.
The step cover may not close with the door open. It would make sense that Winnebago would incorporate this for safety.
You have me curious. I will have you an answer tomorrow.

What got you interested in the sensor?

Jesse

jwmaustin 08-01-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4890090)
Bill
I wasnít aware of that sensor. I have been scratching my head, and looking at wiring diagrams to try and figure out what itís for.
I wonder if it is to complete a circuit when the door is closed. May be tied into the passenger step cover.
The step cover may not close with the door open. It would make sense that Winnebago would incorporate this for safety.
You have me curious. I will have you an answer tomorrow.

What got you interested in the sensor?

Jesse

I'm assuming it's for the Kwikee step since that's what Kwikee/Lippert calls out in their documents. Why they need a mag sensor in addition to the door contacts adds cost, and does not make sense for the floor panel either because both could be activated by the door contacts.

Using it as redundancy as we sometimes do in designs would make more sense if they were in parallel but in series doesn't make sense. Redundancy seems overkill for this purpose anyway.

I started looking for the mag sensor because I was lazy and hoped I wouldn't have to take the door apart. (if the switch was in the frame). I still need to do that but haven't looked for how to get it apart yet.

If this turns into too much trouble I might just pull the switch and swap it with the magnet and eliminate the door contact issues.

Bill

loydt 08-02-2019 08:33 AM

Window Fog

Has anybody had issues with their windows failing? The rear bath window in mine, behind the toilet, has fogged over pretty bad on the crank out portion only. I am wondering if that bottom piece is just removable and can be replaced?

Jbmsr 08-02-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loydt (Post 4892353)
Has anybody had issues with their windows failing? The rear bath window in mine, behind the toilet, has fogged over pretty bad on the crank out portion only. I am wondering if that bottom piece is just removable and can be replaced?

Loyd
My window hasnít fogged but I do have some info to help you.

Your window manufacture is SE-GI.
Your bath window part # is 341-05.67.15E2
There telephone number is 949-297-8530

Jesse

Jbmsr 08-02-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmaustin (Post 4890793)
I'm assuming it's for the Kwikee step since that's what Kwikee/Lippert calls out in their documents. Why they need a mag sensor in addition to the door contacts adds cost, and does not make sense for the floor panel either because both could be activated by the door contacts.

Using it as redundancy as we sometimes do in designs would make more sense if they were in parallel but in series doesn't make sense. Redundancy seems overkill for this purpose anyway.

I started looking for the mag sensor because I was lazy and hoped I wouldn't have to take the door apart. (if the switch was in the frame). I still need to do that but haven't looked for how to get it apart yet.

If this turns into too much trouble I might just pull the switch and swap it with the magnet and eliminate the door contact issues.

Bill

Bill
As per Winnebago, the sensor in your picture is for you step operation. The bottom two copper pins in your door hinge are wired to the magnetic sensor.
Jesse

jwmaustin 08-02-2019 11:24 PM

Alternative to Winnebago door switch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4892840)
Bill
As per Winnebago, the sensor in your picture is for you step operation. The bottom two copper pins in your door hinge are wired to the magnetic sensor.
Jesse

Jesse
Thanks, so did you get a wiring diagram? There could be something Iím missing. As I said above, why not just put the magnet in the door and the switch in the door frame? That eliminates the contacts and the wiring in the door? If I do that I donít need to tear apart the door?

Bill

Jbmsr 08-03-2019 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmaustin (Post 4893376)
Jesse

Thanks, so did you get a wiring diagram? There could be something Iím missing. As I said above, why not just put the magnet in the door and the switch in the door frame? That eliminates the contacts and the wiring in the door? If I do that I donít need to tear apart the door?

Bill

Yes

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ire_180441.pdf

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ire_180571.pdf
Jesse

audvid1 08-03-2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loydt (Post 4892353)

I had to replace mine in the first year and they sent just the lower part. It was a little scary to replace, but it is in just by position of glass, you have to remove a support, then fold the window way up and then it comes out of track. Took a bit of persuasion but did come out and go back in and has been good since