iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

Wayne M 08-31-2019 08:03 PM

Regarding the screech, are you sure it is not the wiper seals on the outside? The best to use is 303 spray. Use your awning rod, pull a cloth through the loop end, spray with 303, stick the cloth under the wiper seal and work it up. It will slip out a few times, just start over and take your time. Lubricate the under side and outside of the wiper seals. See if the screech goes away.

XBoater 08-31-2019 10:45 PM

They make an Led represented bulb.

loydt 09-01-2019 12:47 PM

I also noticed today that the molding that covers the belt seam on the exterior has popped loose right above rear tires on passenger side. It's bowed out and looks like one of the screw clips that hold it in place is missing. Has anybody ordered one of those clips or had this problem?

loydt 09-04-2019 11:55 AM

Ok so I was able to order the clips. Like $1.50 so I got 10 of them. In the meantime I can just re caulk that trim molding and hope it holds in place. It was really hot and that side of the coach was in the sun, so that helped it "bow" out. I noticed later when it cooled back down that the trim molding had settled back down and looked almost normal.

Jbmsr 09-12-2019 05:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A friendly reminder to check all internal power lugs for tightness (22 inch lbs) on your Surge Guard 41260 Transfer Switch. Be sure to unplug from shore power, turn coach and chassis breakers off, and turn the generator breaker off first.
Or it could look like mine did. No shore power got my attention.
Attachment 260151Attachment 260152Attachment 260153Attachment 260154
Jesse

Electra 225 09-12-2019 06:34 PM

Yup, same happened to me Jesse.....
Sage advice!

Gordon Dewald 09-13-2019 07:51 AM

Checked ours. All except 2 were tight. There was about 1/8 turn on the 2 of them. Glad I checked.

Gordon Dewald 09-13-2019 07:51 AM

Looking for the ground for the water pump. Has anyone found it?

Jbmsr 09-13-2019 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald (Post 4954390)
Looking for the ground for the water pump. Has anyone found it?

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ire_180442.pdfAttachment 260216
Jesse

Gordon Dewald 09-14-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4954526)

Thanks - I looked at the location indicated on 14 diagram and found a blank wall. The 15 wiring diagram does not have that in the diagram but the 14 shows it at a different location than this one. I have sent a note to WGO to see if they can shed some light.

I will look at this location. My pump wires go to a small wire loom for about a foot and then into a very large loom that heads towards the left side of the chassis through the center of the bay.

While looking for possible solutions we lifted the bed. Thought possibly to install another breaker and run a dedicated wire to the pump. There are buss bars on the back of the breakers. Each bar is fed by a heavy gauge wire from what looks like a battery terminal (threaded) screwed to the floor and covered by a rubber cover somewhat similar to battery post covers. I lifted the cover and found the not on the terminal to be very loose. I was able to turn it a couple turns by hand. Once finger tight another couple turns with a wrench ensured it was tight.

I am hoping tightening this connection will be the magic bullet. In the interim I am going to continue to check any connection I can find.

Thanks again for the information. Really appreciate your time and effort.

Jbmsr 09-14-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald (Post 4955706)
Thanks - I looked at the location indicated on 14 diagram and found a blank wall. The 15 wiring diagram does not have that in the diagram but the 14 shows it at a different location than this one. I have sent a note to WGO to see if they can shed some light.

I will look at this location. My pump wires go to a small wire loom for about a foot and then into a very large loom that heads towards the left side of the chassis through the center of the bay.

While looking for possible solutions we lifted the bed. Thought possibly to install another breaker and run a dedicated wire to the pump. There are buss bars on the back of the breakers. Each bar is fed by a heavy gauge wire from what looks like a battery terminal (threaded) screwed to the floor and covered by a rubber cover somewhat similar to battery post covers. I lifted the cover and found the not on the terminal to be very loose. I was able to turn it a couple turns by hand. Once finger tight another couple turns with a wrench ensured it was tight.

I am hoping tightening this connection will be the magic bullet. In the interim I am going to continue to check any connection I can find.

Thanks again for the information. Really appreciate your time and effort.

Gordon
Is your water pump working intermediately or not working at all? Are you missing a ground at the pump?
Jesse

Jbmsr 09-14-2019 05:15 PM

2013 Tour tips

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4956190)
Gordon
Is your water pump working intermediately or not working at all? Are you missing a ground at the pump?
Jesse

https://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/...ntrol-RevE.pdf

https://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/...ing-5-1912.pdf

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRECISION-C....c100012.m1985

Jesse

Gordon Dewald 09-15-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4956190)
Gordon
Jesse

The water pump works well. The lights were flickering and occasionally the voltage fluctuations seemed to trigger the awing control and close the awning.

I was thinking the ground may be the issue but cannot find the controller where it is listed in the 14 wiring diagram according to my serial number. The 15 wiring diagram does not show a controller.

Meanwhile:
I was thinking an option might be to run another hot wire from the breaker panel. While looking at the back of the panel which is under the bed I observed that there are three buss bars at the back of the panel, one for each line of breakers. There is a heavy gauge wire from each bar that goes to a battery terminal kind of thing that is screwed to the floor and covered by a plastic cover.

When I lifted the plastic cover the bolt holding the wires spun. It was about 2 full turns to get it finger tight and then a couple more turns with a wrench to tighten it firmly.

I am hoping this will solve the issues. Further testing on a camping trip this coming weekend will find out if it is solved or not. Running it a couple times in the shed seemed fine.

I contacted WGO and they promptly replied with reference to the 14 diagram. I sent a note that the controller was not where it was shown and have not heard back from them (likely because of the weekend). Must say they are supportive and prompt.

Jbmsr 09-15-2019 03:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Gordon
My controller is in the water pump compartment on the upper right way in the back. Attachment 260445Attachment 260446
Jesse