iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

boyland 12-05-2019 05:08 AM

Well Next topic is the Lights I have found the compartments take a t10 wedge style.

The small ceiling takes a g4 style(2 pins)

Now the the larger ceiling what are this G6 or G8 style.

I am replacing these hot holgens with LED but not sure which these are?

Wayne M 12-05-2019 07:38 AM

Blaine, for my last MH I purchased LED's from:

Mini In The Box.

I replaced all inside bulbs with ones from them. I never had a problem. Least expensive I could find anywhere.

boyland 12-05-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne M (Post 5063684)
Blaine, for my last MH I purchased LED's from:

Mini In The Box.

I replaced all inside bulbs with ones from them. I never had a problem. Least expensive I could find anywhere.

I followed the link but did not see?

Your motorhome has the same ceiling lights that mine has i think. The round twist off covers.

The smaller ones take the G4 base the larger ones take either a g6 or g8 but i an not sure which

nova 42qd 12-05-2019 02:00 PM

Tire Advice

It looks like its time for some new tires on my 2012 Tour 42 QD. I have the factory installed tires which are Michelin truck tires. They are 275X80R22.5 in the rear and 295X80R22.5 in the front. Not sure why the need for different sizes. Has anyone gone with a single size tire all around? Also what have you all installed when replacing the originals?

Thanks.

Ron Postma 12-05-2019 03:47 PM

The reason for the larger tires on the front is for weight. In order to handle the weight of the front of the the coach on two tires you need the 295's. My coach when weighed is very close to the max weight for the 295's. You don't need that on the drive wheels because of the duals. The tag does not handle that much weight. If you look at most coach brands with tags require a bigger front tire. My coach has the optional 15K lb front axel.

Jbmsr 12-05-2019 05:25 PM

Winnebago Tour Tips

1 Attachment(s)
Winnie Tour generator slide fail

Here in 42-degree weather in the D.C. area, I wanted to check the generator fluids. The electric drive-out mechanism worked, but was sluggish. And when it was time to use the retract motor, nothing happened.
So I manually pushed the generator slide back into full retract position. No resistance felt during this pushing. Having fully retracted now, I then pushed the electric retract button and the loud "click, click, click" that I normally hear was present.
So is this just a cold-weather condition that others may have experienced? Also, I wonder if the generator-slide is going to slide forward when I hit the brakes? Yikes. [emoji33]

Robi
Your generator slide system is a MOR/ryde SP56-141.
I spoke to them on you behalf today. They would like it if you would make a short video of what your gen slide is doing and email it to parts@morryde.com. They will show it to the engineer and have him contact you.
Direct number is (574-293-1581)Attachment 268717

Please post the fix here to help others.

Jesse

Wayne M 12-05-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyland (Post 5063728)
I followed the link but did not see?

Your motorhome has the same ceiling lights that mine has i think. The round twist off covers.

The smaller ones take the G4 base the larger ones take either a g6 or g8 but i an not sure which

This is just one example of the G4 LED bulb that I put in as a replacement. Not this particular set. The first set I purchase from them I indicated a lower "k" factor. Eventually I changed then out for a higher "k" factor and it mad a big difference. I also went with "daylight" for the brightness in the ceiling overhead.

boyland 12-06-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne M (Post 5064668)
This is just one example of the G4 LED bulb that I put in as a replacement. Not this particular set. The first set I purchase from them I indicated a lower "k" factor. Eventually I changed then out for a higher "k" factor and it mad a big difference. I also went with "daylight" for the brightness in the ceiling overhead.

Well ironically i pulled another larger globe off and sure enough it is a g4 socket i have one socket that appears to be a g6 the bulb in it they bent the prongs to go in.

Anyways it think they are supposed to be g4

Robi.1014 12-06-2019 09:32 AM

Jesse,
Great research/suggestion as to my generator slide-tray. I'm at a RV rally in central Virginia helping to host same. It may be a couple of weeks before I can focus on this issue. But I will keep this forum updated.

Jbmsr 12-06-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robi.1014 (Post 5065157)
Jesse,
Great research/suggestion as to my generator slide-tray. I'm at a RV rally in central Virginia helping to host same. It may be a couple of weeks before I can focus on this issue. But I will keep this forum updated.

Robi
Any time is fine.
I forgot to have you add attention Ryan to the email.
Jesse

nova 42qd 12-06-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Postma (Post 5064142)
The reason for the larger tires on the front is for weight. In order to handle the weight of the front of the the coach on two tires you need the 295's. My coach when weighed is very close to the max weight for the 295's. You don't need that on the drive wheels because of the duals. The tag does not handle that much weight. If you look at most coach brands with tags require a bigger front tire. My coach has the optional 15K lb front axel.

I wonder if it makes sense to just put the 295s all around. I know it would be added cost but it seems to be better to have all of the same size - assuming they will fit.

Ron Postma 12-06-2019 03:37 PM

You better check with Freightliner and Winnebago to make sure they will fit.

Electra 225 12-06-2019 08:25 PM

I'm waiting on the verdict about that myself. I've got a WGO service advisor doing some checking for me.
The Grand Tour 45RL is exactly the same as a regular Tour/Ellipse except for a couple feet added. It's still the Maxum chassis. As far as I know, (waiting to hear if there is a difference), the wheel wells, axles, etc, are all the same. The 45RL runs 295s on all wheels. I assume WGO upped the rears to accommodate the extra two feet in length, and possibly because of the side radiator.
When I know something definite I'll report back here.

jwmaustin 12-06-2019 10:59 PM

Melted connection

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 4953641)
A friendly reminder to check all internal power lugs for tightness (22 inch lbs) on your Surge Guard 41260 Transfer Switch. Be sure to unplug from shore power, turn coach and chassis breakers off, and turn the generator breaker off first.
Or it could look like mine did. No shore power got my attention.
Attachment 260151Attachment 260152Attachment 260153Attachment 260154
Jesse

I had the same problem.

Also note that the Surge Guard box is NOT waterproof (donít ask) but it can sometimes be dried out with a heater if it gets wet. :whistling: