iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

Ranger Rick 12-27-2019 10:02 PM

Fog lights

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllanK (Post 5088368)
My 2011 Tour works the same was as well, push in to turn fog lights on.

Thank you for your responses. I turned on my fog lights one time about four years ago and they worked. Have not tried them again until a few days ago and they did not work. Hard to imagine the bulbs are shot since they were only operated for about one minute four years ago. My owners manual under headlight function says the fog lights are non functional. Checked the 12 volt panel, front drivers side, space labeled fog lamps has no 12volt breaker. Why would my owners manual say that the fog lamps are not functional? Have not crawled under to check wiring or bulbs, my next task. I really have never had a need to run with fog lights on but it drives me crazy when something doesnít work. Will keep you posted.

Ranger Rick
2013 Winnebago tour QD

Jbmsr 12-31-2019 11:48 PM

Happy New Year to all!!!

Jesse

Electra 225 01-01-2020 12:20 AM

Back at ya Jesse!

Jbmsr 01-01-2020 10:42 AM

We have noticed a bad odor coming from under the coach. We havenít been able to identify where itís coming from other than it seems to be coming from the cargo area about center. It wafts up into the coach even more when you turn a fan on.
It doesnít smell like black tank.
DW thinks it resembles antifreeze.
To me it smells like a refrigerator that lost its power for days.
It oddly comes and goes.
Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks in advance.

Jesse

AllanK 01-01-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 5094311)
We have noticed a bad odor coming from under the coach. We havenít been able to identify where itís coming from other than it seems to be coming from the cargo area about center. It wafts up into the coach even more when you turn a fan on.
It doesnít smell like black tank.
DW thinks it resembles antifreeze.
To me it smells like a refrigerator that lost its power for days.
It oddly comes and goes.
Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks in advance.

Jesse

Could it be a dead mouse?

Electra 225 01-01-2020 02:36 PM

Did the fridge in the basement (if you have one) quit?
Mine did once, had meats frozen there, smelled like a dead moose.
WGO was nice and gave me a new fridge.

Jbmsr 01-01-2020 07:28 PM

We removed everything in the cargo compartments and with all doors open the smell went away. I took the cap off of the Aquahot antifreeze fill cap and DA says that is what she has been smelling. It does smell rancid.
I am thinking that we may have a slight leak in the system causing the smell and may need to flush the system and replace the antifreeze.
I will call Aqua-hot tomorrow and get there recommendation.
Thanks for the replies
Jesse

boyland 01-01-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 5094983)
We removed everything in the cargo compartments and with all doors open the smell went away. I took the cap off of the Aquahot antifreeze fill cap and DA says that is what she has been smelling. It does smell rancid.
I am thinking that we may have a slight leak in the system causing the smell and may need to flush the system and replace the antifreeze.
Thanks for the replies
Jesse

Jesse I have help many folks along the way with these aquahot systems. I believe each one has been filled with antifreeze i do not recall any having something other than antifreeze. One guy had a bottle of hercules antifreeze like menards carries he said it was filled originally with that. I would think otherwise the water would become rancid over time which sounds like you describe.

On the leak i would check the pex line fittings near the smell area if you can find it the cinch clamps that winne uses i have found need reclamped usually just putting cinch tool on and clamp again it is like theirs slightly worn and clamps off 1/16 or something like that. simply clamping again has taken care of the small drip. This also works on pex water lines as well.

On my new motorhome i have seen something that Winnie has done and it will cause problems and frankly sloopy they have taken braided hose and clamp it onto pex fittings using a pex clamp. Well this does not work well because the braided hose is larger than 1/2 pex so the clamp has to really squeeze the hose. This hose is not designed to work this way and shame on them for doing this i have already fixed one of these and i sure more will leak in the future. The fix is to put in a normal hose barb to mpt then convert from mpt to pex. I doubt they would have done this for heat but who knows they should not have done it for water lines.

davo54 01-03-2020 07:39 PM

For anyone interested, the 3M C-Complete water filter will fit the undersink Model A mount. A couple of inches longer but it's an upgrade in what it filters. Right now someone on eBay is selling 6 packs of these filters for about the price that one normally sells for. https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Pack-3M-A...0AAOSwG69d3W4l

Jbmsr 01-04-2020 08:28 AM

Wow!
I will be placing an order.
Thanks
Jesse

jwmaustin 01-06-2020 02:00 AM

Smell from Aquahot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 5094983)
Thanks for the replies
Jesse

Jesse
We have had the occasional smell similar to what you describe and Iím convinced itís the Aquahot. Once I found a loose cap and once I had a leaky hose on the AH unit. More recently its occurred and I believe it was an overflow but couldnít confirm.

Bill

jwmaustin 01-06-2020 02:07 AM

Freightliner steering pump/rough steer

We had a steering hydraulic line go bad a year and a half ago and had it fixed under regular warranty. Since then itís been rough in the steering ar low driving speeds e.g. around parking lots. I think in running low on fluid it roughed up the cylinder and plan to have it checked out.

Two questions:
1. does anyone think this sounds logical and
2. does anyone know of a good Freightliner warranty service shop in Sarasota or Naples?

Jbmsr 01-06-2020 07:10 PM

Winnebago Tour Tips

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmaustin (Post 5100091)

We had a steering hydraulic line go bad a year and a half ago and had it fixed under regular warranty. Since then itís been rough in the steering ar low driving speeds e.g. around parking lots. I think in running low on fluid it roughed up the cylinder and plan to have it checked out.

Two questions:

1. does anyone think this sounds logical and

2. does anyone know of a good Freightliner warranty service shop in Sarasota or Naples?

Sounds to me that the new power steering hose wasnít tightened and could be sucking air or the tech didnít bleed the air out of the system.
Did it loose a lot of fluid when the hose went bad?

https://freightliner.com/Dealer?code...0TRUCK%20GROUP

Jesse

loydt 01-13-2020 10:22 AM

I bought a new kitchen faucet awhile back and finally got around to swapping it out yesterday. Man, I had no idea what kind of job i was taking on. To get to the water connections on the existing faucet, you basically have to completely disassemble the cabinet there under the sink. Winnebago installed those connections BEHIND the very back partition under there making them nearly impossible to get to. Just a heads up to anyone wanting to take this on.

I also noticed another wood problem when I started on this. When the temperatures swing from cold to hot I always notice some trim pieces here and there than grow or shrink. Anyway I am going to have to trim the wall panel just a bit now because it is bowing out right next to the kitchen slide, where the rubber trim piece is.