iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

boyland 01-22-2020 08:30 AM

I was also told you could go over mfd by 5 but the voltage was important to stay the same.

I am wondering why the voltage is less than the unit specs wondering if it has previous been replaced. I would call manufacture and ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbkahn (Post 5119082)
Hey Brian, I think that will work if that's what was originally in there. As long as it's over 120v I think it will be ok. Same MFD, so should be ok. Any other opinions on this? I hope this works out for you.

loydt 01-22-2020 11:29 AM

Just curious, how many of us here still have a Schwintek slide mechanism on their coach?

Electra 225 01-22-2020 11:45 AM

Original Schwintek on bedroom slide.....
2nd generation upgrade on kitchen/lounge slide......
42QD model.

loydt 01-22-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra 225 (Post 5119786)
Original Schwintek on bedroom slide.....
2nd generation upgrade on kitchen/lounge slide......
42QD model.

Thanks, I should have clarified on the kitchen/lounge slide. Thats what I was referring to.

I dont think many have had issues with the bedroom.

My kitchen/lounge is still working, fingers crossed. I lube the thing at least every month or so but I still cringe when I use it.

sbkahn 01-22-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyland (Post 5119532)
I was also told you could go over mfd by 5 but the voltage was important to stay the same.

I am wondering why the voltage is less than the unit specs wondering if it has previous been replaced. I would call manufacture and ask.

Brian, May be best to check your AC Model #. If it's the same as mine, I would go with the 250V just in case, maybe it's better quality? We know either one will work since your AC worked with the lower voltage cap. I checked the manual for my model # and it's the 250V capacitor.

sbkahn 01-22-2020 08:48 PM

Have Power Gear replacement on my Kitchen/Lounge and cringe too. That's one heavy slide.

boyland 01-23-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbkahn (Post 5120381)
Have Power Gear replacement on my Kitchen/Lounge and cringe too. That's one heavy slide.

So how do you tell if you have the power gear?

Electra 225 01-23-2020 09:58 AM

Lippert/Schwintek bought out Power Gear, so it's all one company now days.
The replacement mechanism is the floating track, (not screwed to slideout wall)....it has teeth on it. It became standard issue on the '15 or '16 models.

clhjsh 01-27-2020 06:14 PM

We still have the original Lippert Schwintek slide mechanism on our kitchen slide but the bottom tracks are being torn apart. We have a June 1st appointment in Junction City to have the system replaced.

asuperheat 01-27-2020 06:29 PM

I don't know if anyone covered this ( I read most of it ) but if you have a EC-30 on your Tour remove the wires off the shore sense transformer if you want the auto genset feature to work as it should.

Lv2Roam2 01-28-2020 11:16 AM

Can you share more info re: EC 30? Where did this recommendation come from? Thanks...

asuperheat 01-28-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 (Post 5127039)
Can you share more info re: EC 30? Where did this recommendation come from? Thanks...

I had the same issue on my 15 Tour that I had on my previous excursion. In auto the generator would start, run 10 minutes shut down for 10 seconds and restart for another 10 minutes. When I had my excursion I found it after talking to Onan about my issues.

The problem is that the "shore sense " transformer is on the panel side not the cord side of the transfer switch so the EC-30 thinks the shore power has been restored and tells the generator to shut down. It takes 10 minutes because of a 10 minute minimum run time.

The way it should work in auto is if there is a loss of shore power and there is a call for a/c or low battery the genset should run. Problem is it sees it's own power and shuts down. Onan provided a work around on firmware 3.15 and later I think it was that allowed for a setting of shore sense before or after transfer switch because they kept being installed by the builders after the transfer switch causing the issue.

I was not able to change my setting because of old firmware so I had to locate the transformer and remove it so it would work properly when unplugged. I found my transformer installed on the back of the electrical panel, right where it was shown on the wiring diagram. I'm posting it here because I suspect all of them are done the same way. Many may think it is suppose to cycle that much and not understand how it is intended to work.

Removing the transformer from the circuit ( or if your software allows setting it for after transfer switch) fixes the issue of using auto dry camping. If you want it to back up the shore power the shore sense needs to be on the cord side of the transfer switch.

Ranger Rick 01-30-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 1565208)
We found metal construction debris stuck in 5 of the drivers slide rollers. Easy to remove and much better for your tile.

Jesse

. Hi Jesse, rangerrick22 here. I sent you a pm recently regarding sending me an email copy of your alignment and ride height specs when you had that done at Gaffney. Richardferrekk@cox.net. Having my annual service done in February and would like to share with Kirk Ault at Tollesfon Az. Freightliner. Would love to have the bottoming out issue lessened. Thanks.

Wayne M 01-30-2020 10:17 AM

Regarding Lippert/Schwintek/Power Gear, our 2015 (2014) build date has the power gear rack and pinion floating rail for the kitchen slide and the Schwintek (snake) rail for the bedroom slide. Both rail systems use the Schwintek controller
------------------------
Just as a reminder

Here is what they didnít tell me in the manual for an RV with Lippert controllers and power gear (electric) or Schwintek slides.

Never stop one and change directions as it messes up the memory. Always go full out or full in. If you have to stop make sure you continue in the same direction.

While extending or retracting, when the slide stops continue to hold the switch in that position for 5 seconds or longer. This keeps the motors aligned in memory.

------------------------