iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Annoying and agressive drop downs... (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/annoying-and-agressive-drop-downs-167740.html)

Jim_HiTek 07-08-2013 11:04 AM

Annoying and agressive drop downs...

Just below the iRV2 banner at the top of the page are several drop down navigators. I wish that the staff would add a 'hover timer' so that just wandering nearby with the mouse cursor wouldn't cause them to drop so quickly in front of what I'm trying to read. Perhaps a 2 second delay?

Other then that small annoyance, iRV2 is absolutely the best designed and user friendly forum out of the hundreds I visit every year.

JohnRR 07-09-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek (Post 1634493)
Just below the iRV2 banner at the top of the page are several drop down navigators. I wish that the staff would add a 'hover timer' so that just wandering nearby with the mouse cursor wouldn't cause them to drop so quickly in front of what I'm trying to read. Perhaps a 2 second delay?

Other then that small annoyance, iRV2 is absolutely the best designed and user friendly forum out of the hundreds I visit every year.

I think that is a function you control with your computer.

Jim_HiTek 07-10-2013 08:55 AM

Well, it can be set within regedit, but that's only for 'Tool Tips' within windows. It doesn't affect drop down menus on web sites.

I use to build websites years ago, and the hover time was controlled by the web site designer. At least back then.

JohnRR 07-10-2013 09:06 AM

I see I put a period at the end of my sentence instead of a question mark, I know I saw a control feature in one of my computers some time ago to control that.

Jim_HiTek 07-11-2013 12:47 PM

Pretty certain this is a function of the Javascript or CSS write up of the web site itself and not a local machine issue. Which means that it's a change that the Web Designer staff, if they so desired, could make. I'm hoping they see the merits of changing the only annoyance this site has...

Here's an article about it, see point #2: Creating Delayed Drop-Down Menus in Jquery without Losing Accessibility > thatsquality.com

BFlinn181 07-11-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek (Post 1634493)

:thumb::thumb: I agree, the drop down menus right under the banner photo in the light green band need a delay. With a fast computer, they are annoying. I tend to try to navigate the cursor to the right to avoid them.