iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   References on Allegro RED 33AA (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/references-on-allegro-red-33aa-170730.html)

loriaux 07-31-2013 06:17 AM

References on Allegro RED 33AA

We're on the point to take action and buying a Tiffin product for the first time after 3 consecutive Monaco pusher units. A friend who owns an Allegro Open Road recommanded to take a closer look to the Allegro RED 33AA. After few days of surfing on Internet getting as much informations possible on that unit, I am actually to the point to ask Allegro RED 33AA owners how they like their unit, what's wrong to expect (they all have something when the're new, right?) the advantages, mileage per gallon for a 340 Cummins, etc. Can you help me please? Thank you!

DeWat 07-31-2013 10:50 AM

Not an owner, but a concern for me would be the 35" 3" length (423") based on the 198" wheelbase. This gives a 46.8% wheelbase to length ratio. A lot of information I've read says that ratios less than 53% can manifest in handling issues. Again, not an owner, but just relaying something you may want to follow-up on.

luvlabs 07-31-2013 07:01 PM

You might want to go over to tiffinrvnetwork.com and see if you can find some owners of that model over there.

I tried a couple of months ago and didn't turn up anything. I did run across an owner who had no problems with the wheelbase. However, as much as we liked the floorplan, we didn't like the lack of basement storage space. We ordered a Phaeton 36GH instead.

loriaux 08-01-2013 08:13 AM

References on Allegro RED 33AA

The 46.8% wheelbase to length ratio and the basement storage space are 2 important criterias that brings me to reflexion! The Phaeton 36GH would then be an excellent choice of compromise, although more expensive.

What is the wheelbase to lenth ratio for the 36GH?

reubenray 08-01-2013 08:20 AM

The wheelbase to length ratio for the 36GH is 51.7%.

loriaux 08-01-2013 08:44 AM

Allegro RED 33AA wheelbase to lenght ratio

Thank you rubenray, appreciated.

Looks like a minimal basement to lenght ratio must be respected on RV's, as it seems an important criteria before selecting a particular model as mentioned by DeWat.

As suggested, I'll go to tiffinrvnetwork.com to see if I can have more informations about customer satisfaction on the 33AA. Thanks everybody.

John Hilley 08-01-2013 08:52 AM

A friend of mine bought one in April. he traded in a 32' Southwind. He brought it back to North Dakota from Sioux City in very windy weather and said it handled beautifully. He was able to get every thing he wanted in the basement with room left over. He even has a freezer in the basement. He hasn't had any problems and has been using it Wednesday through Sunday now since the end of May.