iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Tioga George (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/tioga-george-173369.html)

what next 08-19-2013 08:28 PM

Tioga George

This is an old blog favorite, George has kinda disappeared but I still check back on him. He made a new post
The Adventures of Tioga and George
I think it is time he gets out of Mexico.

Rich and Cork 08-20-2013 08:52 AM

I followed George for years and even met him once. Very nice guy. Earlier this year he had some real personal issues and I stopped following him.

mick 08-20-2013 09:06 AM

I think George just got tired of keeping up with the ads and the blog.

doc 08-20-2013 06:02 PM

Read him for years as he traveled, but got tired after he landed and stayed in Mexico. I think R&C are right - George has issues. These may have come about after the son's suicide and the other son not having anything to do with him. Think ole George had a side he didn't let many of his readers see.

wjell 08-20-2013 06:14 PM

FYI. Jorge just posted again after his repair/fiberglass shop friends in Mexico were apparently murdered.

Rich and Cork 08-20-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjell (Post 1694317)
FYI. Jorge just posted again after his repair/fiberglass shop friends in Mexico were apparently murdered.

That is incredibly sad. :mad:

doc 08-20-2013 07:09 PM

We used to tell him that Mexico is a dangerous place but he would argue that it is not. The kid on the west coast stole his cell phone, he got ripped on repairs a couple of times and I think a couple of thefts from the coach. Now this! No one will ever know what happened to the friends :sad: and the same could happen to him. :eek:

wjell 08-20-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc (Post 1694384)
We used to tell him that Mexico is a dangerous place but he would argue that it is not. The kid on the west coast stole his cell phone, he got ripped on repairs a couple of times and I think a couple of thefts from the coach. Now this! No one will ever know what happened to the friends :sad: and the same could happen to him. :eek:

Yeah. My post was...

"I would suspect either robbery or perhaps they may have had additional business interests.

There is very little respect for life anymore. Either in Mexico or the U.S. Look at how many people are shot/killed in Chicago every single day."

-------------------------

It is a dangerous world out there.

99-Am.Star 08-21-2013 06:18 PM

There are evil people all over the world. That's part of life I guess. But I think there is
less respect for life in Mexico than here in the USA. If you look at other country's,
there are a lot of worse places to live. As for me, I will never set foot in Mexico. Just
my dime's worth, your mileage may vary.........

DawnAndChris 08-21-2013 08:23 PM

My wife and I like him very much. He was an inspiration to us, and his site gave us much info in getting started on our life on the road. We have been full timers since April this year.

Wishing George the best!