iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (
-   North Central Region (
-   -   Mosquito Lake state park, Ohio 4/20/07 (

Warpath 04-05-2007 05:38 AM

Well I will also be getting a late start on the camping season. About 3 weeks ago I started to get major sciatic pain running down my left leg. The ironic thing about this is that this is exactly the same thing I experienced 4 years ago almost to the day. The pain worsened over the week and we tried some anti inflammatory therapy to see if the pain would go away. Well no go. Had a MRI on Monday confirming a herniated L5 disc which is the same one that was shaved down the last time. The doc says that only 1% of patience ever experience an issue again and I was chosen as the lucky one.

Surgery is set for this Tuesday and I will require a minimum of 4 weeks recovery if everything goes perfectly.

So I am out for Mosquito & West Branch for sure and hope to make Mercer.

Having been out of commission already for 3 weeks, another 4 is going to really test my mental fortitude.

NLOVNIT 04-05-2007 07:35 PM

Speedy recovery to you, Bill. Hope all goes well & you get fixed for good this time.

Geez, guys. What's the deal with all these surgeries going on here lately?? We're too young to be falling apart so soon. I guess the old addage of things happening in 3's is true...let's just hope it stops there. Whoever is left to show up with us at Mosquito & WB, we'll raise a toast to our "recouperating Piggies" at the group fire.

We picked up the coach from storage today. Spit snow sqalls off & on all the way up & back. Had planned to stay in it over the weekend & dewinterize, but with temps going down to 20 for the next few nights, we just parked it & came home. Some spring we're having! I just knew we were gonna end up paying for all that warm weather we had back in Dec & Jan. Temps that nice then always come with a price. At least I'm not alone in my frustration. I noticed a lot of rv's on the interstates today & we're all in the same boat.


Candace 04-06-2007 06:11 AM

Well, I hope Walt is not "number 3"!!...he has has a herniated disk in his neck for a couple years, and now the headaches and numbing in his hands is getting a bit worse. Nothing too debilitating, as we are working on the house and he is still working, but he knows its time to see the Dr. He sees a neruosurgeon on Wednesday. So we shall see.

Speedy recoveries for Bill and Joe!!

We wont be camping until late May anyway..we finished our bathroom remodel (new everything)and now our family room is down to studs as we are removing the "70ish" paneling, adding a closet and getting drywall up. New furniture, and carpeting in the family room and living room...then I am hoping to gut the kitchen soon. We may have to wait until fall for camping is the last thing on my mind...I feel like I could do a DIY television show with all that has been going on here!!!

Happy Easter!!

Joe-K 04-07-2007 03:14 AM

This is starting to be a trend...all the Pond Piggies are falling apart. We couldn't possibly be getting old are we

Good luck with Walts checkout next week.

Finish up those projects before Summer. It CAMPING time

Superslif 04-07-2007 01:14 PM

Looking outside right now I wonder if the camping season will ever start. We have at least a foot of snow on the ground and it is snowing hard right now. For Mosquito I should "X" the bikes and bring the sleds. I hope the rest of the Pond Piggies stay healthy......
Mike, do you think it is too early to start throwing out ideas for Labor Day Weekend? Later this evening I'll start to look at our Halloween campout for West Branch in Oct. We have been doing their Halloween campout over the Columbus Day Weekend the last 2 years.

ISLAPP 04-07-2007 03:14 PM

Yea, Jim, it probably is a good idea to start throwing out some ideas for Labor Day. Places fill up fast.

Candace 04-07-2007 05:41 PM

Sorry Mike...didnt know you were "patched" up too! Walt would be #4.

Speedy recovery to you too!

NLOVNIT 04-11-2007 06:11 PM

Dare I say it??...I just saw the long range forcast for the 20th weekend & they're calling for upper 60's. Although it's for Columbus, could we hope for as much out of far NE OH?

Jim - Please tell me the snow up there will be gone by then!!


Superslif 04-13-2007 04:32 PM

Ya, the snow will be gone, but they are forecasting another chance of snow again Sunday & Monday this weekend. I have a 3 foot pile next the the garage still. I wanted to stock up the trailer for the Mosquito weekend maybe Wed or Thur. this week. Now I'm afraid to even de-winterize it. You think if I de-winterize now even if we get a cold night in the upper 20's it will be OK? I remember in 05' we had 18" of snow the last week in April. Global Warming ya right......

Joe-K 04-14-2007 05:15 AM

You guys have good time at Mosquito, but no posting online about how great the weather was It's bad enough being cooped up indoors, but knowing it's a great camping weekend is really bad.

Speaking of Mosquito, I called today and cancelled my reservation. Turns out the cancelation fee is $ 18 since it's less than a month before the trip. I did find out that we are allowed 1 free change of the reservation so instead of canceling, I rescheduled my reservation for the weekend of September 14th. I mentioned the change to Bill and he's also going change his reservation rather than pay the cancellation.

George Miklas 04-14-2007 01:08 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe-K:
...I rescheduled my reservation for the weekend of September 14th. I mentioned the change to Bill and he's also going change his reservation rather than pay the cancellation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks like we need a new thread here so that the rest of us can join you.

Superslif 04-14-2007 04:47 PM

Well, we have more snow coming in. Here in Cleveland they are forecasting 1-3", east of Cleveland 3-6" for tonight. When is this going to end.... At this time who is going to Mosquito this coming weekend? It doesn't look like we'll be making it. Diane has commitments next weekend at church. but if we get a break in the weather I my head out with just Robert and me.....Father & Son outing

ISLAPP 04-15-2007 03:53 AM

Dave and Lori and Deb and I are to decide tomorrow if we are gonna do what Joe did and re-sked it till Sept. We are the only two planning on going that we are aware of.

Superslif 04-15-2007 02:04 PM

OK, Diane just invited her cousin over for next Sunday afternoon, so next weekend is filling up with non-camping commitments.........Our luck it will be the nicest weekend this year. Fact when was it when we had a nice weekend

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.