iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Ideas on a front windshield sunshade (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ideas-on-a-front-windshield-sunshade-178088.html)

brobox 09-29-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statgeek (Post 1746898)
I also purchased and use PromptRv, started with one coach and was able to modify them (replace straps with suction cups) for our current coach. Living in Texas, heat is an obvious issue. Having an OUTSIDE sunscreen is a serious advantage. Don't be fooled into thinking that the inside shades do the same thing. Without our outside sunscreen we would not be able to camp in the hotter months of Texas, but we were able to be comfortable all summer long (weekends) with it.

Also a necessity--a quiet tower fan to move the air around. AC thermostats are more effective if there is air current.

I need to do a color change on mine. Did you happen to change your color? I am shopping for a spray dye now and will be calling the material supplier and see if they know of one that works. The manufacture did not.

We also use a "wisper quite fan" and it does make a difference. Nice that the new Anthem will have a ceiling fan to help move the air.

mel s 09-29-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerichorick (Post 1746193)
We have the MCD night and solar shade set on our coach and like them. They are 12V powered and have a feature that is associated with the ignition that prevents them from blocking your view when driving and letting them down. I know they are pricey but worth it to me. Mine came with my coach. Would put them in now that I know how good they are.

jerichorick
I have a 8' MCD, (light blocking only), power shade, which completely blocks all light when camping, doubles as an adjustable visor when driving and is one of the best, most useful, mods I have made.
Mine was a take out from an Allegro coach who's owner put in a MCD night and solar shade set, (I paid $80 at a Tiffin/Allegro RV dealer).
Mel
'96 Safari

HDrider 09-29-2013 12:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK,,, I have never uploaded pictures to iRV2 so I hope it worked.

HDrider 09-29-2013 12:43 PM

I can try another but you can see one magnet if you look in the bottom left in the picture looking out but as you can see you don't really notice them on the Tiffin anyway. All the ones up top are completely hidden.

Statgeek 09-29-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 1747094)
I need to do a color change on mine. Did you happen to change your color? I am shopping for a spray dye now and will be calling the material supplier and see if they know of one that works. The manufacture did not. We also use a "wisper quite fan" and it does make a difference. Nice that the new Anthem will have a ceiling fan to help move the air.

No, sorry, I know nothing of how to change the color. Sorry!

hdgoldie 09-30-2013 05:42 AM

Wow - much less obtrusive than I was picturing. Thank you.

HDrider 09-30-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdgoldie (Post 1748230)
Wow - much less obtrusive than I was picturing. Thank you.

That picture from the inside was taken without the shade on place. I was just trying to show the magnets.
I took the picture of the outside with the shade in place before we hit the road and just have not put it back up.
Would you like a picture with it in place from the inside?

hdgoldie 09-30-2013 05:56 AM

That would be great! Thank you.

etcmss 09-30-2013 06:41 AM

windshield shade

on our past "A" (a Damon Tuscany) we had a Magnashade. it may work to reduce sun effects but the negatives I have are it comes loose too easily.
on several occasions it was on the ground after a wind event.
the magnets came loose in the Washington park last year and beat the windshield to death and broke it.
i'm now certain there are other cheaper products to choose from than this one. not a fan any more after my experience
Gary

HDrider 09-30-2013 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is roughly the same shot with the shade in place. We have been using ours on a regular basis since we hit the road a year ago and we did have in blow loose one time while 60 mph winds hit us from the side for a good part of a afternoon but that was the only time.
Nothing is perfect.

Statgeek 09-30-2013 08:32 AM

We actually PREFER looking through the window with the shade in place. You can see clearly out, but you get privacy during the day--people cannot see in. The table is turned at night though--with inside lights on people can see you but you can't see them. Good to know when you are changing clothes!! ha!!

jerichorick 10-02-2013 03:09 PM

Sorry about the first picture not being titled. That is the MCD shade up. Because of the plants I can't bring the shade all the way down.

jerichorick 10-02-2013 03:11 PM

And here is the night shade. I still am having trouble posting pictures. I hope they are showing. And multiple pictures are a real mystery to me.

wmpbauer 10-02-2013 08:27 PM

I have snaps.
I get out my ladder. (Only takes a moment after I made a ladder rack - see the modifications thread)
Install my snap-ons (about 5 minutes tops)
Put away my ladder (Only takes a moment)

All in under 10 minutes

@$850.00 for the whole front end at Wade RV (on the Lazy Days campus in Tampa)

I'm happy.