iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Hello from Crested Butte, Colorado (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/hello-from-crested-butte-colorado-178910.html)

Philliec 10-04-2013 08:54 PM

Hello from Crested Butte, Colorado

Hello,

My wife and I are new to all of this. Do I call her the DW? What does DW mean? I hope that it means 'Darling Wife' or at least that is what I told her.

I want to thank you all for the forum posts on the numerous questions that we have had over this last year as we have moved into the world of a Diesel Pusher. We thank you all. It is also surprising how often this site comes up on the Google searches too. It just goes to show what a great job you all are doing.

We had a Travel Trailer for about a year, but after seeing all the beautiful DP coming through the RV Parks, we knew we had to join the crowd. We bought a, new to us, HR back in July, went to China in August and finally had the time to take a nice trip to NW Wyoming in September. The motorhome worked out great, but we did have our newbie issues. For example, we took off the antenna on a branch, got out of the coach trying to survey a new rv site but forgot the brake (oops-what no park?), had the slinky Sani-Con hose slink out of the wet bay and was lost forever, was amazed that we only got 7.6mpg and realized that our a-frame tow hitch for the jeep was not the way to go. On the other hand it was sooo nice to travel in comfort and have all of the amenities when we got where we were going. We even stayed at a few rest stops. Not bad at all. We still had all of the comforts of home. Great.

Now we are trying to rectify some of the issues from the last trip. The antenna and Sani Con were easily fixed. We contacted Blue Ox where they gave us a solution to still use the d-ring mounts on the very stout after-market bumper on the jeep so we are now set with towing too I hope. Now we are faced with the onset of winter and deciding where to go next. Colorado can get very cold so where to next? The nice thing is that we can pick up and go when we desire. This is great.

Thanks again.

KIX 10-04-2013 09:03 PM

You mentioned you tow a Jeep.......is it set up for serious off road? If so you may enjoy Elephant Butte, NM. A little NE of Truth or Consequences. If you like off-roading you should check out FMCA 4 Wheelers (FMCA Chapter)......just google it.
We'll be out your way again summer '14 for a few months.

JohnRR 10-04-2013 09:19 PM

:welcome:

Steve N Sal 10-05-2013 04:13 AM

Welcome aboard and glad you joined us. Hope you enjoy the site. We like FL for the winters but then again it's a stratight shot South for us. Maybe AZ or TX for you guys???? Wherever you decide have a great and warm winter. Enjoy and Be Safe! :thumb:

bdickson 10-05-2013 05:31 AM

:welcome:

aschuh53 10-05-2013 07:54 AM

Welcome to IRV2

MSHappyCampers 10-05-2013 08:02 AM

Hi folks! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the gang! :dance:

Congrats on the new DP! It's a great way to travel! Enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

Okrver 10-05-2013 08:12 AM

Welcome to IRV2.Crested Butte, Colorado great place been there many times. We just got back from Buena vista this week.

WesinRockies 10-05-2013 08:24 AM

Welcome, Crested Butte can get COLD in the winter! Nice place tho. We went to Benson Az last year and stayed at Cochise Terrace they even have a little jeep club that goes out on Weds. We didn't go with them last year but will this year.

For me DW means Darling wife (most of the time)!

Medico 10-05-2013 10:47 AM

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...298df81aed.gif Welcome and glad to meet you!

cargovan 10-05-2013 11:12 AM

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your purchase and hope you really enjoy it. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!

Van

Philliec 10-06-2013 12:30 AM

Well thank you all for such a warm reception. We will look into some of the great ideas of where to go next, and we do appreciate that some of them also are related to jeeping too. For jeeping our favorite place so far is Moab, but the Ouray area ain't too shabby either. However, this is just the beginning. We look forward to conversing with you all in the future. Thanks again, and we truly do appreciate the wealth of knowledge that we have here at this web/app site.

sdennislee 10-06-2013 03:45 PM

Hi and :greetings10: :welcome: :greetings10: