iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Toads and Motorhome Related Towing (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/)
-   -   2014 Cherokee bad ride dingy (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/2014-cherokee-bad-ride-dingy-186152.html)

judgebobk 12-23-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsheetz (Post 1855759)
Specifically, what does the Off Road suspension group include / differ?

It comes with ADII trans but I don't know what components are included. I can tell you the ride suffers.

The Shadow 12-24-2013 05:15 PM

Judge, you are correct that the initial order material did not mention the Off Road Suspension that comes with the Active Drive II option. I also have the material provided to sales reps and the fact that an Off Road Suspension is included with AD II is not mentioned in any of the documentation. I just looked at the brochure and I don't see it mentioned there either.

Our order was spec'd out in July and our deal signed on Aug 1. When I learned later that the Limited with AD II would have the ORS I have to say I was pleased. Having the ORS doesn't mean that it is Trail Rated.

Our unit is my DW's and it replaces a 2011 Escape Limited (more on that in a following post). I have a 2012 Town & Country Limited that we had toget when we decided we would no longer take a motorhome to Florida (have a park model on one of our lots and the other we now have a 41 ft destination trailer). "She who must be obeyed" was able to stuff the MH full of her "stuff" and the T&C was about our only answer as the Flex was nice but it could not carry all her "stuff." Our Limited was delivered in the middle of Nov when we were in FLA. We arrived home on Dec 15 and finally got to see it and drive it. I believe it was the first 4 x 4 delivered to our dealer and the first Limited. They have yet to receive another Limited 4 x 4 and I don't think they've had a TH yet.

After reading your comments I felt I'd better get out the Cherokee and drive it on a variety of roads as until now I"d only driven it once for a few blocks around the house. It is now very dirty as I hit a rough back road that was like a wash board and I have to say I was very impressed. The Town and Country (and my previous Flex) both have fairly stiff suspensions so the Cherokee was not a shock. It just flew over the wash board and I left a trail of dust behind me and all over her clean white car.

There is no question that it does not have the soft ride I had with a Caddy Seville, but it certainly is not unbearable as you describe.

Do you have the towing package?

Perhaps you should drive another Limited 4 x 4 and see if it has the same characteristics that bother you so much.

I enjoyed my drive so much that I suggested to DW that we swap. Needless to say her reply came quickly.

Don

S-n-L 12-24-2013 08:48 PM

Don & Judgebobk,

Do you have the tow package on your Cherokee. Also, would the tow package give you a stiffer ride than the same car without the tow package?

I ordered a Cherokee limited on Saturday without the tow package but am rethinking if the added cooling for the engine and tranny wuold make the tow package worth while. I do not want any harsher ride than what the Limited has with the active drive II. I am not planning on doing any towing so do not need the tow packed for towing.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Stuart

judgebobk 12-24-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S-n-L (Post 1856938)
Don & Judgebobk,

Do you have the tow package on your Cherokee. Also, would the tow package give you a stiffer ride than the same car without the tow package?

I ordered a Cherokee limited on Saturday without the tow package but am rethinking if the added cooling for the engine and tranny wuold make the tow package worth while. I do not want any harsher ride than what the Limited has with the active drive II. I am not planning on doing any towing so do not need the tow packed for towing.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Stuart

To the best of my knowledge the tow package has nothing to do with ride but that could be a new revelation by Jeep at a later date. Only the transmission affects the ride on the Limited.

KSCRUDE 12-24-2013 09:35 PM

Another member on here recently got a new 14 Cherokee in trail hawk trim. They talked like they loved it. I would want the trail hawk also if I had one. We have a 11 2 door wrangler and I love it. A little stiff on the ride, but not bad. Just drove it to Vegas a couple weeks ago. 1100 miles one way. Rides great on the interstate at 80 mph. I really like the looks of the new Cherokee jeeps, but have never set in one. Hope you can get this resolved.

The Shadow 12-26-2013 07:23 PM

Periodically after our order was placed on Aug 1 I did build and price checks because the dealer still did not have precise details. I did one on Sept 3 and for the Limited with V6 and Active Drive II it did show the Off Road Suspension as being included at no charge.

Can't believe the amount of junk like this I've been keeping.