iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   National RV Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/)
-   -   TV,vcr,directv, (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/tv-vcr-directv-190569.html)

jjray 01-23-2014 08:38 AM

TV,vcr,directv,

Does anyone know where I can find a manual for a national dolphin RV that details the wiring hook up for different components it's a mess , thank you

450Donn 01-23-2014 08:51 AM

Pretty simple stuff. Do you have the four wire or HDMI? If you dont know the difference, then it might be time to hire an expert to sort it out for you and give you a lesson at the same time.

wa8yxm 01-23-2014 09:54 AM

Unless the SAT receiver comes standard... No such diagram exists.

You have to figure it out the hard way. Easy for some, impossible for others.. If you are in Upstate SC. I make house calls and work cheap. (Very cheap, In fact since I do not care for booze I work for coffee).

jjray 02-03-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa8yxm (Post 1895929)
Unless the SAT receiver comes standard... No such diagram exists. You have to figure it out the hard way. Easy for some, impossible for others.. If you are in Upstate SC. I make house calls and work cheap. (Very cheap, In fact since I do not care for booze I work for coffee).

Sorry in Arkansas born in Monroe NC . thanks

jjray 02-03-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 450Donn (Post 1895825)
Pretty simple stuff. Do you have the four wire or HDMI? If you dont know the difference, then it might be time to hire an expert to sort it out for you and give you a lesson at the same time.

I can hook up the equipment but none of the wires through the coach are marked , that's why I was looking for maybe a wire diagram

bailiff 02-03-2014 12:22 PM

I had to use a multimeter and by trial and error checked the continuity of the cables Isolating what we needed to get everything working front to rear and video center to the outside then labeled each end. Not a hard task for someone not an electrician.

jjray 02-03-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailiff (Post 1911731)
I had to use a multimeter and by trial and error checked the continuity of the cables Isolating what we needed to get everything working front to rear and video center to the outside then labeled each end. Not a hard task for someone not an electrician.

I can do that just thought maybe a schematic diagram was available

Thanks J Ray

njs42 02-03-2014 01:32 PM

I'm speaking of my 03 Dolphin and its set up so if your is different then disregard what does not apply.

First access is a pain, so help yourself out and just remove the door in front of all that stuff so you can get at it, things get easier after that. Take everything out and as you do mark the wires as to their origin. Then begin your test of incoming stuff. Basically your incoming goes into the selector and out to components from there. Also I found wire markings way back inside the cabinet telling their origin maybe you will as well.

After years of feeling decidedly ill prepared to brave the wires behind my components I braved it and found it to be much more simple than I imagined. This was after asking for years for the "professionals" to resolve an issue that would not go away. I solved it myself. A geek at Best Buy told me what the problem was before I could get my sentence finished. He was right.

Theberrys 02-04-2014 07:51 PM

It's a little tough without the model year for anyone to help here. National didn't wire them the same day to day much less year to year.

The tough part will be the Coax Cables and one of these will help a lot.
Amazon.com: Pyle Home PHCT45 Network Cable Tester: Electronics

You may need a BNC to "F" adapter or two to use it properly
Amazon.com : Gino F Female to BNC Male Coax RF Connector RG6 RG59 Adapter x 5 : Electronics Cable Connectors : Electronics

Pretty cheap even for a package of five.

Depending on the year the Sat is probably add-on after factory. IN the later years you could order one from the factory but early models will be after market and no doubt obsolete if OEM.

Good Luck

Dick

brabono 02-08-2014 08:45 PM

My 2006 seabreeze 8360 lx stated it was satelite ready.. Have not Ben able to determine what that means...where is it connected?

wa8yxm 02-09-2014 12:31 PM

If you are in Upstate SC.. I'l hook it up for you.. Very easy. no diagram needed Just some wire tracking.

kennersonf 02-09-2014 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pdf file showing the electronics schematic. I got it from NRV when my MH was new. Attachment 55811

brabono 02-10-2014 08:08 AM

Picture did not come through

brabono 02-10-2014 08:15 AM

We have the little silver box on roof. I am trying to use sat with a portable dish.Now I am running the wire through the window on passenger side.. Trying to find out if the wire on top is run to the cabinet over the passenger side. It is an early model 8360 2006. seabreeze Lx. It says sat ready. I hesitate to take to local shops. Every time they came near anything electrical they messed up two more.