iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Just Checking In. Hello everyone. (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/just-checking-in-hello-everyone-192395.html)

Snap Photo 02-08-2014 06:27 AM

Just Checking In. Hello everyone.

I am a new member with no RV at this time. I am doing my homework researching the different types of Class A's out there. Any suggestions would be great. I need to know what Companies are good and which ones to stay away from. Thanks for all the help.

huntnski 02-08-2014 07:04 AM

Well then, let me be the first to say welcome! Do take the time to read through the other areas of this forum, you will find knowledgable people that will be glad to answer your questions or throw out their opinions. This area you'll manly find other newbies which is good, but they may have more questions than you. Enjoy the search for your rig!

Medico 02-08-2014 07:05 AM

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...298df81aed.gif Welcome and glad to meet you!

Do some searches in the Class A forum. There have been many discussions on various coaches.

Tomtall 02-08-2014 07:14 AM

Welcome

The wife and have owned 2 Winnebago class A's and have enjoyed them a lot. They are affordable and have a great support system regarding parts, wiring,plumbing schematics going back many years and a lot of dealer support all over the country when traveling. Just our two cents.

TurboLQ9 02-08-2014 07:19 AM

Welcome from Kansas!

FLman2 02-08-2014 07:46 AM

Welcome from the Sunshine state.:dance:

rskrbina 02-08-2014 07:54 AM

Welcome from Missouri

JohnRR 02-08-2014 09:50 AM

:welcome:

Good luck with your research.

OrngTrillium 02-08-2014 10:44 AM

It's more about finding a fit. As well some companies have some models that are strong or unique and others that you may find a better product from a competitor. It's also about

Floorplan - Take one company Thor for example, you can get a RUV, Challengers have some plans with Kitchen Islands, Outlaw has a garage and a loft... If you go used there are even more choices.

Chassis - Gas (if used UFO), Diesel (If used Mid engine, FRED). Engine brand (Ford/GMC/Cummins/MB yes even In A's (Reyos/Older units had OTR MBs), CAT, older units have Chrysler.

There is a lot to think about.

Length - Not so much for driving but fitting in. Some older parks can't handle the length (or height) of larger units. Or maybe you won't be able to deploy the slides.
I wouldn't set an absolute unless it's about fitment (or say your an octogenarian) but worry about floorplan more)

Feature - Whoa nelly. You can even find Sky Decks and Verandahs if you look Aqua hot, all electric, Select-Comfort, AGM battery banks, dishwashers, J-lounges, convection microwaves, auto-gen starts. This is literally the tip of the tip of the iceberg

Chassis take II - used brings even more choices for Diesels. Ask about Roadmaster, Alpine's etc.

Anyways welcome to IRV2.

huntnski 02-08-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrngTrillium (Post 1918801)
It's more about finding a fit. As well some companies have some models that are strong or unique and others that you may find a better product from a competitor. It's also about

Floorplan - Take one company Thor for example, you can get a RUV, Challengers have some plans with Kitchen Islands, Outlaw has a garage and a loft... If you go used there are even more choices.

Chassis - Gas (if used UFO), Diesel (If used Mid engine, FRED). Engine brand (Ford/GMC/Cummins/MB yes even In A's (Reyos/Older units had OTR MBs), CAT, older units have Chrysler.

There is a lot to think about.

Length - Not so much for driving but fitting in. Some older parks can't handle the length (or height) of larger units. Or maybe you won't be able to deploy the slides.
I wouldn't set an absolute unless it's about fitment (or say your an octogenarian) but worry about floorplan more)

Feature - Whoa nelly. You can even find Sky Decks and Verandahs if you look Aqua hot, all electric, Select-Comfort, AGM battery banks, dishwashers, J-lounges, convection microwaves, auto-gen starts. This is literally the tip of the tip of the iceberg

Chassis take II - used brings even more choices for Diesels. Ask about Roadmaster, Alpine's etc.

Anyways welcome to IRV2.

Orngtrillum, have you purchased a camper yet?

MartySQ 02-08-2014 11:38 AM

Another welcome from Kansas! I can't comment on your question because I have a vintage Type C...but just wanted to welcome you aboard! Great folks here!

TonyDi 02-08-2014 11:59 AM

:welcome:
From The Garden State!

senior-cit 02-08-2014 12:26 PM

:thumb::thumb:I have owned 2 Winnebago motorhomes and would probably own another one if age was on my side. My friend has a HR motorhome and is equally as happy as am I. Research, read forums, go to RV shows, campgrounds, and don't be in a hurry. Hind-sight is always 20-20. Good luck and welcome to our, :laugh:{I will walk out on a limb here}, good looking, handsome, and down-right smart group. :laugh:If you don't believe that, just ask us.:whistling:

sdennislee 02-08-2014 01:19 PM

Hi and :greetings10: :welcome: :greetings10: