iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Finally bought something! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/finally-bought-something-192459.html)

nccurlygirl 02-08-2014 05:14 PM

Finally bought something!
 
hey guys! I'm back. Joined in nov last year. Just settled on a 2006 Newmar Kountry Star 3507! Will go up (to VA) to pick it up on Thursday . Lots of sleepless nights making that final decision so hoping my maiden voyage goes well. I did find that there was a recall on a thingy on the fridge so gotta wait a day to get them to install /fix that. I do have to get new tires (man those can be a little pricy!) so hopefully can got on the road before too long. I am selling the townhouse & planning on quitting work/retiring in that order. I hope to do some work camping however. Anything/ advice & otherwise is appreciated. You guys were so welcoming when I joined so glad to be more a part of it all now!

JMonroe 02-08-2014 05:23 PM

Hey, the good news is, whatever you run into, someone here has "been there, done that", and will be happy to help.

Congratulations, and enjoy!

"007" 02-08-2014 05:31 PM

Welcome to irv2 and the Newmar family.
Here is a Brochure and Owners Guide for your coach.
Your coach is on a Workhorse chassis and there was a recall for the braking system that dealer should have said its been done by now.
The fridge you say they are taking care of this is that recall information.
Now that that's out of the way I believe you will be happy with your new to you Newmar the Chev 8.1 and Allison trans combo could not be beat, I have one a dream to drive.
Down below in my signature you will see three links that will relate to your Newmar.
When you go through some of the links supplied join us in the Newmar forum and congratulations.
Enjoy the forums.

nccurlygirl 02-08-2014 05:46 PM

Thanks 007! I did figure out how to get to the guide you sent me. Probably won't be the last time I'll be asking a few questions!! THANKS!!!!!

OrngTrillium 02-08-2014 06:39 PM

Welcome back,

Will you be able to sleep any of these nights before Thursday? Kid in a candy store time. Hopefully you'll have many smiles and many miles. 48 contintental states, 3 territories and 10 provinces. Then after you do that Mexico has a few states, Alaska and you could be the first IRV2 member to drive to Hawaii in their Newmar.

SarahW 02-08-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nccurlygirl (Post 1919293)
hey guys! I'm back. Joined in nov last year. Just settled on a 2006 Newmar Kountry Star 3507! Will go up (to VA) to pick it up on Thursday . Lots of sleepless nights making that final decision so hoping my maiden voyage goes well. I did find that there was a recall on a thingy on the fridge so gotta wait a day to get them to install /fix that. I do have to get new tires (man those can be a little pricy!) so hopefully can got on the road before too long. I am selling the townhouse & planning on quitting work/retiring in that order. I hope to do some work camping however. Anything/ advice & otherwise is appreciated. You guys were so welcoming when I joined so glad to be more a part of it all now!

:dance: Yippee!! Congrats on the KS; I hope you have many happy miles.

JohnRR 02-08-2014 06:50 PM

Now we want pictures of it when it gets home.

RTinVa 02-08-2014 08:02 PM

Pics!
 
Yes, we love to see pictures! Safe travels!:dance:

Arch Hoagland 02-08-2014 08:19 PM

Those tires are expensive, however that's one of the most important things that need to be done on a rig of that vintage.

I just bought six Michelins this year.

Money well spent.

nccurlygirl 02-08-2014 08:31 PM

Arch, I'm getting a quote of 3k for the 6 tires! Does that sound about right? Michelins.

Arch Hoagland 02-08-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nccurlygirl (Post 1919623)
Arch, I'm getting a quote of 3k for the 6 tires! Does that sound about right? Michelins.

Yes, I paid around $600 for mine.

I had them balanced with weights, not powder.

Mine were Michelin XRV 235/80R/22.5 tires.

Someone may come on with information about a good deal with FMCA when buying Michelins. I didn't do that.

I was returning from a trip and was 75 miles from home, where new tires were waiting for me at the dealer, and the inside rear dual tire blew out and destroyed all the wiring for the coach. Wrapped it around the rear axle.

Towing was $2,000 and wire repair was $10,400. AAA insurance covered it all.

So put your tires on soon is my advice.

nccurlygirl 02-08-2014 10:28 PM

Whoa! thanks for the info Arch. I have been on line all evening reading posts regarding insurance. Gonna get some quotes on Monday. Sounds like AAA did you right.! And thank all of you for my very warm welcome! It is great to have some like-minded people when maybe family (not all of them) are not quite as excited about this adventure as I am right now!!

Arch Hoagland 02-09-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nccurlygirl (Post 1919754)
Whoa! thanks for the info Arch. I have been on line all evening reading posts regarding insurance. Gonna get some quotes on Monday. Sounds like AAA did you right.! And thank all of you for my very warm welcome! It is great to have some like-minded people when maybe family (not all of them) are not quite as excited about this adventure as I am right now!!

The previous year a water line that goes to the back of the toilet in our stick house broke and flooded the entire house. All flooring and all cabinets in the entire house were destroyed.

$36,000 and AAA took care of it all without any hassle.

We are happy campers with them.

In both of our problems I talked with the repair service companies and they said they liked working with CSAA (AAA) the best because they didn't Mickey Mouse the repairs.

Medico 02-09-2014 07:09 AM

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...298df81aed.gif Welcome and glad to meet you!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.