iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   2015 Monaco Dynasty (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2015-monaco-dynasty-193210.html)

tricotec 02-15-2014 09:30 PM

2015 Monaco Dynasty
 
Went to the Seattle RV show. The 2015 Dynasty was on display and stole the show.

https://www.monacocoach.com/dynasty/nav/homeHero.jpg

Monaco Dynasty 2015 - Return to Power

They've put back the Cummins engines, and this coach blew away everything in the show. Entegras were not far behind and the Tiffins in distant third place. (My opinion).

This and perhaps the Entegras were the only coaches in the show that are nicer than my 2005 Windsor. Surprising, but gratifying too. If I had $500k lying around I'd already be on the pre-order list. This coach is a real thing of beauty...and the SHOWER. OMG!

https://www.monacocoach.com/dynasty/nav/g_sofa.jpg
https://www.monacocoach.com/dynasty/nav/g_galley.jpg
https://www.monacocoach.com/dynasty/p.../DYN45P@2x.png

94-Newmar 02-16-2014 06:01 AM

They are indeed a very nice looking coach. I got to see a 2016 while at the Fleetwood Factory last month too. I can't help thinking how much it's exterior looks like a Providence though.

moisheh 02-16-2014 06:13 AM

You are one of the few that like that coach. Many owners are highly critical of some of the features: lack of windows, silly pop up coffee maker shelf, economy model of Aqua Hot, no access to the kitchen when slide is in, still has the ill designed door strut! Many are still crying about the Roadmaster chassis. One Monaco owner took it for a test ride and he loved the ride and handling. I think if one did a side by side with an Entegra the Monaco would be second place. I love the styling and the interior is very "Monaco like" with great cabinetry. But I am forming an opinion without a face to face look! It will be interesting to see how it sells and when they will have a lower priced model ( Like your Windsor).

deSanford 02-16-2014 06:58 AM

If ASV doesn't get enough pre-orders it might not be made. deSanford

DSL417 02-16-2014 07:06 AM

Saw the 2015 Dynasty at the Tampa show...certainly stepped up their game...very nice interior. The issues mentioned above sound like "lived in" perspective that the non-Monaco probably wouldn't see or note.

palehorse89 02-16-2014 07:11 AM

I would have to wonder if anyone was to do their home work on Monaco, and all the problems they have had, bankruptcy, closed, sold, bought, layoffs, one foot on a banana peal(slippery side down) who in their right mind would want to spend $500k with this background and history in mind? Monaco owners have had a lot of trouble with parts, service, and getting problems corrected through all this as I have read. I understand that people have to buy for them to make a go of things, But for me , I am not overly impressed right now with ASV for one. For me to spend that kind of money, it would not be a test on a weak foundation as there are a bunch of strong foundations out there already.

moisheh 02-16-2014 08:52 AM

I am very surprised at how ASV has handled the whole Monaco "thing". When they bought Fleetwood everything was very professional. They started by telling owners that all warranties would be honored. Paid dealers for their warranty work and kept their excellent customer support. WE own a FW product and you cannot believe the kind of tech info they can supply as well as parts. Granted Monaco was a mere shadow of the Monaco from say 2006. One bankruptcy, a purchase gone bad by Navistar, plant closure and relocation. It is my understanding that paid big bucks for Monaco. Why? What did they get for their $$. Any goodwill was long gone when Monaco went under and Navistar made it even worse. ASV announces that the Roadmaster chassis is history and destroys the parts, jigs, etc.Then ASV decides to build a Dynasty as their first unit. Big mistake. The first unit should have been one of the mid priced units: Camelot, Windsor,etc. Something that would have a list price of about $350,000 max ( $260K discounted) A unit that would compete with the Allegro Bus or the lower end Entegra. MH's are a hot item today but to get your product into the marketplace why start with a luxury coach? Supposedly they have a custom woodshop and 75 engineers/designers working on the Monaco line. That is a lot of money spent for a product that is really not ready for the market. Even Navistar knew to start with something that was not $500,00 plus. And they were able to sell some with a questionable engine and a moose bumper front end. Imagine if ASV had built that lower priced unit with the Monaco front end, an ISL and a Monaco interior. Something practical. I am not a MH manufacturer so maybe I am totally wrong. I would be glad to eat my words and see them get orders for 50 Dynasty's!

Steve Ownby 02-16-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palehorse89 (Post 1929529)
I would have to wonder if anyone was to do their home work on Monaco, and all the problems they have had, bankruptcy, closed, sold, bought, layoffs, one foot on a banana peal(slippery side down) who in their right mind would want to spend $500k with this background and history in mind? Monaco owners have had a lot of trouble with parts, service, and getting problems corrected through all this as I have read. I understand that people have to buy for them to make a go of things, But for me , I am not overly impressed right now with ASV for one. For me to spend that kind of money, it would not be a test on a weak foundation as there are a bunch of strong foundations out there already.

I have lived full time in an '03 Monaco for 7 years now. There have now been two owners of Monaco since the end of the company that built it. I have called the Monaco tech support line several times throughout that period and there was absolutely no difference in either the level of help I received or the availability of any specialized parts I needed. I love my coach and I have exactly zero interest in buying anything else regardless of manufacturer. If i were interested, I would certainly look at a coach built by Monaco. All motorhome manufacturers are basically small scale operators who assemble their coaches from parts and systems built by others. They are all subject to being taken down quickly and completely by either market or ownership events.

palehorse89 02-16-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Ownby (Post 1929797)
I have lived full time in an '03 Monaco for 7 years now. There have now been two owners of Monaco since the end of the company that built it. I have called the Monaco tech support line several times throughout that period and there was absolutely no difference in either the level of help I received or the availability of any specialized parts I needed. I love my coach and I have exactly zero interest in buying anything else regardless of manufacturer. If i were interested, I would certainly look at a coach built by Monaco. All motorhome manufacturers are basically small scale operators who assemble their coaches from parts and systems built by others. They are all subject to being taken down quickly and completely by either market or ownership events.

I agree with you Steve, when I was looking it was at the Monaco's and Newmar's, the older, Monaco company built, were solid, well crafted and had one of the best reputations in the RV industry for a long time, but do you believe the the last couple of years and the new one's compair to your 03' in Quality and holding up to the long haul as yours has?

Steve Ownby 02-16-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palehorse89 (Post 1929846)
I agree with you Steve, when I was looking it was at the Monaco's and Newmar's, the older, Monaco company built, were solid, well crafted and had one of the best reputations in the RV industry for a long time, but do you believe the the last couple of years and the new one's compair to your 03' in Quality and holding up to the long haul as yours has?

That's a hard question to answer with any degree of certainty. From what I have observed, the coaches built on the S Series chassis seemed to have held up very well in the quality of build department. Those coaches were built for a fair number of years with the same level of components and general construction standards and the build quality seems pretty level.

I admit to being a supporter of the Roadmaster chassis and particularly the S Series but I'm encouraged by the design of the chassis under the new Dynasty. The 2015 Dynasty currently on the show circuit is a one off unit that may or may not be produced in many numbers. I personally am not a fan of the 1 1/2 bath floor plans but they are very popular. I was critical of going with the small version of the AquaHot but have been assured that the big one is an option. I believe that the goal for this first new coach was to position it to compete with the Newmar Essex and Entegra Cornerstone in price and features. I have been impressed by Mike Snell's leadership of the new company. He has been very open to questions and criticism. In early January, he drove the new Dynasty himself through the truly horrible weather & zero temps to a small showing just north of Charlotte, NC. He then made the coach available to be driven in these same conditions totally unsupervised.

I have no idea how their coaches will fair in the open market and I will never be a customer in any case but I would like to see them succeed and I wish them well.

Dawgs 02-16-2014 12:34 PM

I think I can speak to the issues that have been raised here from an owner's point of view. I have the 2013 HR 43DFT tag axle coach. It was manufactured 6/12 and I purchased it May 14th the last day of Navistar ownership. They were offering a $15K discount on top of the 40% off MSRP. I've also had issues but not "build" issues. The coach has the same components many high end coach have..Cummins 10K Gen, MCD solar screens and shades, SS residential frig, 4 Sharp LED TV's with SS Sharp Microwave/convection, Power control sys w/AGS, full tile and ultra leather, 2800 sin wave inverter, Aqua Hot, Sani-Con Carefree toppers, Elec. China toilets, Stacked W/D, Fireplace King Air sleep number, in motion satellite and much more.

The issues I had was with the Lippert hydraulic lines(replaced twice) and yes ASV (Fleetwood) went out of their way to cover warranty issues. Had one cracked house battery so they replace all with 8 AGM type because original 6 volt were on back order. And I've has zero issues with the 9.3L Navistar engine and I love the active 10 air bag Roadmaster chassis. So the "build quality" is still there but as I've seen on numerous post, the component supplier may have quality issues yet to be solved.

zman62 02-16-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moisheh (Post 1929456)
You are one of the few that like that coach. Many owners are highly critical of some of the features: lack of windows, silly pop up coffee maker shelf, economy model of Aqua Hot, no access to the kitchen when slide is in, still has the ill designed door strut! Many are still crying about the Roadmaster chassis. One Monaco owner took it for a test ride and he loved the ride and handling. I think if one did a side by side with an Entegra the Monaco would be second place. I love the styling and the interior is very "Monaco like" with great cabinetry. But I am forming an opinion without a face to face look! It will be interesting to see how it sells and when they will have a lower priced model ( Like your Windsor).


I totally agree..... I have owned a Monaco for years. Unfortunately the new Monaco will never be the old Monaco we all loved. The new Monaco is just trying to find its groove. Hopefully the new owners can turn things around. I surely would not put any of my money on a new Monaco. There is no telling what their future will be like.

MSHappyCampers 02-16-2014 12:47 PM

WOW! You sure know how to make a guy sick! (with envy!) :thumb::D

palehorse89 02-16-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman62 (Post 1930045)
I totally agree..... I have owned a Monaco for years. Unfortunately the new Monaco will never be the old Monaco we all loved. The new Monaco is just trying to find its groove. Hopefully the new owners can turn things around. I surely would not put any of my money on a new Monaco. There is no telling what their future will be like.

Why wouldn't the older, happy, devoted, ready to upgrade, Monaco owner's trade up and give Monaco the push they need to find the "groove" ? Anyone on here put their name on the paper work yet?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.