iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   2015 Monaco Dynasty (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2015-monaco-dynasty-193210.html)

zman62 02-16-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palehorse89 (Post 1930056)
Why wouldn't the older, happy, devoted, ready to upgrade, Monaco owner's trade up and give Monaco the push they need to find the "groove" ? Anyone on here put their name on the paper work yet?

I would think anyone who has made a bad purchase on a coach would not want to do it again. You spend 300,500 or 700k you want quality and someone to stand behind it. Monaco's foundation has crumbled. Can it be rebuilt? Maybe. I personally would not want to gamble it when there are other high quality coaches being built with good backing and a solid foundation that are a sure bet.

deSanford 02-16-2014 09:20 PM

Looks like most of the Monaco owners are very happy with their present coaches, and so ASV will no doubt be looking at the new "baby" boomers to purchase their RVs. I wish them well. As I have previously mentioned the service that I have received from their Coburg, Or. service facility has been triple A or 5 STARS. My only concern is the economy and the disappearance of the middle class. deSanford

Traps90 02-16-2014 09:30 PM

While I haven't had a chance to see the new Monaco yet, I definitely wouldn't count them out to quickly if I was in the Market. They are now owned and backed by a very reputable company, that has done really with there Fleetwood and American Coach lines.

There track record would lead me to believe they will produce a very good and competitive product.

nodine 02-17-2014 06:12 AM

Folks it is interesting and educational to read this thread but we want be able to afford the new Dynasty until it is about 10 years old! :o There should be plenty of data to research on the unit by then.:D Unfortunately I will be almost 78 and looking to down size.;)

Bob

moisheh 02-17-2014 06:47 AM

Nodine: I would be 80!! Do you think you will be able to drive @78? Better yet: Will we make it to 80?

William Willard 02-17-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moisheh (Post 1931208)
Nodine: I would be 80!! Do you think you will be able to drive @78? Better yet: Will we make it to 80?

Hey, you two, knock it off -- You`re making me feel old -- Here I am at 77, & y`all are talking about making it to 80, & can`t drive a 40 footer at 78 -- Have a little compassion for us older generation --The Old Geezer, William Willard

tricotec 02-17-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman62 (Post 1930045)
I totally agree..... I have owned a Monaco for years. Unfortunately the new Monaco will never be the old Monaco we all loved. The new Monaco is just trying to find its groove. Hopefully the new owners can turn things around. I surely would not put any of my money on a new Monaco. There is no telling what their future will be like.

I hear people on here about their gripes with the old Monaco's bankruptcy, Navistar and ASV. However, I am encouraged with what I saw. I spoke with the gentleman from Monaco while looking at the coach at length. What he said indicated to me that ASV is working hard on resurrecting Monaco. He told me they had been severely constrained by Navistar, and were returning to what made Monaco great in the first place.
Understand this. I LOVE my '05 Monaco. The interior design of my '05 is nicer than almost every coach at the show. The ONLY coaches that were comparable in quality from that standpoint were the Entegras, and I actually like mine better. I disagree with the person that commented about the kitchen being unusable, the pop-up coffeemaker etc. I rarely do anything more than get a soda when my RV is on the road with slides-in, and gladly would trade usability with slides in for the increased space with them out. I like the fact that I could hide the coffeemaker away, clearing space for other things after coffee hours. I probably would opt for a mid-coach single bathroom like my present coach if available, but my comments about the Dynasty were more general than liking or disliking the layout. They were primarily about the woodwork, finshes, and features. The coach was a thing of beauty...truely a step forward from my beloved coach in many ways. This is the first ASV designed coach and I really, really liked it.

The jury is absolutely still out on ASV and how they'll handle the brand. I'm glad I've got my '05 during this period in their history. I'll be watching with interest to see if they can make the company great again. They certainly have met every need I've had concerning information about my present coach, and done so cheerfully and without cost. They seem to care about earning my future business. If they build coaches as nice as that Dynasty, they just might.

tricotec 02-17-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traps90 (Post 1930945)
While I haven't had a chance to see the new Monaco yet, I definitely wouldn't count them out to quickly if I was in the Market. They are now owned and backed by a very reputable company, that has done really with there Fleetwood and American Coach lines.

There track record would lead me to believe they will produce a very good and competitive product.

Wait till you see it...its purdy!

tricotec 02-17-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moisheh (Post 1929456)
You are one of the few that like that coach. Many owners are highly critical of some of the features: lack of windows, silly pop up coffee maker shelf, economy model of Aqua Hot, no access to the kitchen when slide is in, still has the ill designed door strut! Many are still crying about the Roadmaster chassis. One Monaco owner took it for a test ride and he loved the ride and handling. I think if one did a side by side with an Entegra the Monaco would be second place. I love the styling and the interior is very "Monaco like" with great cabinetry. But I am forming an opinion without a face to face look! It will be interesting to see how it sells and when they will have a lower priced model ( Like your Windsor).

Can you elaborate on the "ill designed door strut" for those of us with older Monacos that don't have it? Not sure what you mean. Also, what do you mean crying about the Roadmaster chassis?.. both the older 2014 Dynasty and the 2015 prototype both have a Roadmaster chassis.

Trying to learn all I can.

NRF 02-17-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricotec (Post 1929184)
Went to the Seattle RV show. The 2015 Dynasty was on display and stole the show.

Monaco Dynasty 2015 - Return to Power

They've put back the Cummins engines, and this coach blew away everything in the show. Entegras were not far behind and the Tiffins in distant third place. (My opinion).

This and perhaps the Entegras were the only coaches in the show that are nicer than my 2005 Windsor. Surprising, but gratifying too. If I had $500k lying around I'd already be on the pre-order list. This coach is a real thing of beauty...and the SHOWER. OMG!

I loved the Dynasty when I saw it at the Houston RV show in Feb. The one you showed did not seem to be the same floor plan as the one I saw, but liked it. All-in-all, the Houston RV show was a bust, in my opinion, with too many towables and too few higher end coaches - at least at this particular show. Still happy with my Cayman for e price, though!

Steve Ownby 02-17-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricotec (Post 1932241)
Can you elaborate on the "ill designed door strut" for those of us with older Monacos that don't have it? Not sure what you mean. Also, what do you mean crying about the Roadmaster chassis?.. both the older 2014 Dynasty and the 2015 prototype both have a Roadmaster chassis. Trying to learn all I can.

The door strut is the scissor design that Monaco owners have suffered with and complained about ever since Monaco started building their own doors over ten years ago.

It's true that the '14 Dynasty designed during the Navistar ownership was on a Roadmaster chassis, but it was not built on the S Series semi monocoque chassis that the Dynasty had ridden on since it's birth. The '15 Dynasty, while it may be a fine chassis in its own right, is not semi monocoque and is a Roadmaster in name only. It bares very little resemblance to the legacy Roadmaster of years past. Monaco is using the name Roadmaster because they own it.

This new Roadmaster is front and rear sub assemblies from Freightliner joined by a bridge structure which is the closest thing to the old Roadmaster design. There are no longer 10 outboard air bags/shocks but 6 inboard mounted air bags. It has allowed them to offer IFS which was not possible with the traditional H frame suspension of the old Roadmaster.

nforus 02-17-2014 07:33 PM

Thanks Steve,
As previous multiple Monaco owners, we always enjoy your posts. We think It's RIP legacy Monaco, Coburg doesn't build them anymore, the Roadmaster is apparently gone ( what a great chassis!!) and unless someone has evidence to the contrary, it's probably being built right along with the other American/Fleetwoods, so we're not sure how the Monaco name has anything left but fond memories for a lot of us. The fact that they are advertising it as a new "Roadmaster Chassis" is enough to turn us off, because we all know that it's not even close. Do they really think that previous Monaco owners are going to buy that line?? The funny thing is that ASV, with Fleetwood, American Coach, Monaco ( and the rights to Holiday Rambler, Beaver, and Safari) is looking like legacy Monaco, lot's of brand names, very little difference in coaches

nodine 02-18-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Willard (Post 1931637)
Hey, you two, knock it off -- You`re making me feel old -- Here I am at 77, & y`all are talking about making it to 80, & can`t drive a 40 footer at 78 -- Have a little compassion for us older generation --The Old Geezer, William Willard

Sorry Bill, from now on you are my role model and I look forward to driving a 40 footer at 80.:)

Bob

William Willard 02-18-2014 10:01 AM

Bob -- Driving is the easy part -- Polishing is the hard part -- Up & down the ladders gets a bit much -- In ten years, you`ll think "this is not near as bad as I thought it would be" -- William Willard