iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   New Member (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/new-member-193498.html)

Nick B 02-17-2014 07:44 PM

Folks, this is my first join to a Forum, and delighted to see Outdoors RV have now got an established following. Our first family trailer was a 19 foot Fleetwood Pioneer in 2006. It was very good for the needs we had with a young family, and for such an inexpensive trailer I thought Fleetwood did a pretty good job of it. Then, in September 2013 we went to a Snow Bird RV show, and found ourselves looking at a Black Rock 19B, which we decided to buy. So we have had ownership for over 4 months, but have yet to take it camping. However, I do have some comments to make about the Black Rock, from those damp and cold - by coastal BC standards - winter months.

The build quality is excellent, and the interior is far less damp than we experienced with the Fleetwood. The unit is unheated while in open storage, so am concluding that tighter tolerances and wall design are what's making the difference. We had a 130 watt Carmanah solar panel installed by the dealer - O'Connor RV in Chilliwack - and can report that during the winter this panel has kept our 2 -6V battery bank between 80 to 100% charged. Outdoor RV don't put in a battery cut-off switch in the 19B, so it had to cope with parasitic draw, so the result is good.

The build quality is evident throughout the unit, and we think the Black Rock is very good value for the money. We look forward to our first season of usage, and also to participation and comments from other 19B users in particular!

arveer 02-17-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick B (Post 1932388)
Folks, this is my first join to a Forum, and delighted to see Outdoors RV have now got an established following. Our first family trailer was a 19 foot Fleetwood Pioneer in 2006. It was very good for the needs we had with a young family, and for such an inexpensive trailer I thought Fleetwood did a pretty good job of it. Then, in September 2013 we went to a Snow Bird RV show, and found ourselves looking at a Black Rock 19B, which we decided to buy. So we have had ownership for over 4 months, but have yet to take it camping. However, I do have some comments to make about the Black Rock, from those damp and cold - by coastal BC standards - winter months.

The build quality is excellent, and the interior is far less damp than we experienced with the Fleetwood. The unit is unheated while in open storage, so am concluding that tighter tolerances and wall design are what's making the difference. We had a 130 watt Carmanah solar panel installed by the dealer - O'Connor RV in Chilliwack - and can report that during the winter this panel has kept our 2 -6V battery bank between 80 to 100% charged. Outdoor RV don't put in a battery cut-off switch in the 19B, so it had to cope with parasitic draw, so the result is good.

The build quality is evident throughout the unit, and we think the Black Rock is very good value for the money. We look forward to our first season of usage, and also to participation and comments from other 19B users in particular!

Welcome fellow Outdoors RV owners!

JohnRR 02-17-2014 10:05 PM

:welcome:

Chiefbvfd 02-18-2014 04:49 AM

Welcome Aboard...:)

Steve N Sal 02-18-2014 05:06 AM

Howdy and welcome to the forum. :dance:

homeless 02-18-2014 05:06 AM

Howdy

gmullen 02-18-2014 05:13 AM

Welcome to the forum.

aschuh53 02-18-2014 05:33 AM

welcome to irv2

sadrand 02-18-2014 06:31 AM

Welcome to the forum!

MSHappyCampers 02-18-2014 06:37 AM

Hi Nick! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the gang! :dance:

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

Nick-B 02-18-2014 01:24 PM

Howdy Nick B!

Welcome to the Forum from Nick-B!

Now I have to make sure who is posting - you or me. :laugh:

Nick B 02-18-2014 08:22 PM

Nick-B and Nick B

Nick-B; I'll try real hard to avoid comments that might get you (or us) in trouble!

Cheers,
Nick B:cool:

TonyDi 02-18-2014 08:32 PM

:welcome:

Duncan55 02-18-2014 09:08 PM

New RV'R

Hello everybody I'm new in the RV world. My wife and I just bought a 2007 Revolution 40 LE. We are exited about it of course. We are in our early 40's and was wondering are there other RVers in our age group? It seems that most of the people I see owning RVs are older than we are, and I don't mean that to sound the wrong way was just wondering?? Anyway we are located here in Freeport Florida, if there is anybody near us give us a shout.....
Also if there is anything anyone can tell me about the Revolution good or bad or what to watch for it would be greatly appreciated.
The only thing we have had problems with so far is the 400 hp Cat doesn't want to crank up easily, it wants to spin longer than normal before lighting up.

Thanks Duncan