iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   New member (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/new-member-193500.html)

Fuzzy ninja 02-17-2014 10:40 PM

Greetings!!

My partner and I bought our first TT Today. We take possession of our 2014 alumalite 207DS on Monday. We are looking forward to many short camping trips along the Oregon coast to start with. Any advise for a first timer?

Andrew & Justin
Albany, Oregon

Scarab0088 02-17-2014 11:50 PM

:welcome:

First, hope you have the dealer make a full pre-delivery inspection...this includes you, seeing how everything works.

Second, write down any issues and hold the dealer to a timeline for repairs.

Finally, it is a very smart idea to stay close to home for the first outing -some people even spend a night in the RV while in their driveway to give everything a good test run.

Congrats and safe travels

justimagination 02-18-2014 12:18 AM

Andrew & Justin, the fun begins with the very 1st journey, like previous post even in the driveway. I started in the late 60's, and the journey has always excited me, even coming back to reality.
Pre delivery inspection is so important and not always perfect, but you are not the 1st and certainly won't be the last to have some issues. It's the nature of the beast. Take a pad and sorta write down a checklist of things to do and especially items to carry, you will be glad you did, and you will revise it after the 1st.trip, I promise. Again welcome to a great site, you will have plenty of questions after trip # 1, and this is the place to get answers. Travel safe and enjoy.
David G. :whistling:

aschuh53 02-18-2014 05:42 AM

welcome to irv2

sadrand 02-18-2014 06:28 AM

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you on the road.

MSHappyCampers 02-18-2014 06:38 AM

Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang here! :dance:

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

MEKKMan 02-18-2014 09:48 AM

Nice TT. My biggest annoyance moving up to a TT years ago was finding stuff. I had to learn how to pack and store all over again from my tent camping method.

Welcome to the forum from a returning member who is camping again.

frankdamp 02-18-2014 09:48 AM

Three suggestions:

1. "Camp" overnight at home. That way, you can easily go back to the house if you forgot something.

2. Maybe go to a CG along I-5 the first night and stop mid afternoon. That way, you can set-up your site in daylight and learn a lot of the wrinkles.

3. Do your coast trip south to north. Almost all the sights and pull-outs are between 101 and the beach, so turning off and getting back onto the highway is much easier.

Have fun! BTW, the State Parks in Oregon are the best.

Fuzzy ninja 02-18-2014 10:07 AM

Thanks for all the input! We have a pre delivery orientation / inspection set for Monday. We looked at the trailer several times so we have a list of things that needed to be addressed but I know we will find more when we walk thru it again.

We are planning on doing a few evenings or nights parked in the driveway and our first planned destination is only 45 min away.

In the past we have did a bunch of yurt camping along the Oregon coast so we have most of our gear set aside from that. Really looking forward to moving the camping stuff out of the garage and into the trailer. (More room for new tools) :D

Thanks again for the input!

If ya run into us at the CG your always welcome to some fantastic Homebrew!

Andrew

1rvglass 02-18-2014 10:26 AM

I am a new member as well. I would agree, keep it close to home first go around and take your time.... enjoy it.

virginiamtns 02-18-2014 07:53 PM

Welcome, Andrew and Justin! If you're ever in the Shenandoah Valley, stop by and visit.

sinnettc 02-18-2014 09:36 PM

Welcome from another couple of Albany newbies. We bought a practically unused 2010 Trail Cruiser 23QB from a friend a couple weeks ago.

We're trying to decide where to do our first overnight too. I think Deborah is serious about going to the KOA over on Oakville road and Hwy 34. My folks have stayed at Blue Ox behind Timber Linn park in their 5th wheel but that's a bit urban for my taste. Close to Wally world and Lassen RV though. :D

Chris & Deborah

Fuzzy ninja 02-18-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinnettc (Post 1933982)
Welcome from another couple of Albany newbies. We bought a practically unused 2010 Trail Cruiser 23QB from a friend a couple weeks ago. We're trying to decide where to do our first overnight too. I think Deborah is serious about going to the KOA over on Oakville road and Hwy 34. My folks have stayed at Blue Ox behind Timber Linn park in their 5th wheel but that's a bit urban for my taste. Close to Wally world and Lassen RV though. :D Chris & Deborah

Welcome fellow Albanite!

Never thought of that KOA. I think our first spot is going to be Beverly Beach. When we camped in the yurts it was one of our favorite places.

JohnRR 02-18-2014 11:13 PM

Read a lot here.