iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Greetings from Oklahoma! The "Sooner State" (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/greetings-from-oklahoma-the-sooner-state-197657.html)

mwwade 03-26-2014 09:47 AM

Greetings from Oklahoma! The "Sooner State"

Spring is just around the corner, and we are ready to start rv-ing. Last year we rented rv's, and drove through the Northern states, into Canada, and Alaska. The trip lasted three weeks, and I think we drove about 4200 miles. We had such a wonderful time, we decided to get our own rv. We bought a class c. We found a 2009 Coachman that came with low miles. We look forward to many enjoyable trips! I did tell my wife "rv's are just just like a boat, or anything like that, screws come loose, and things come ajar" I read all the books that came with the rv, but their are still some things I have questions about. I noticed up above the passenger seat their is a cable connection plate with a small round button used to turn on and off. Their is no cable attached to this connection. Shouldn't a cable be attached to this from the tv? When I attach the tv cable from a outside source, do I have to do anything else inside the coach? Maybe some of you guys can help me out not this one. Thanks Maurice

MSHappyCampers 03-26-2014 10:50 AM

Hi Maurice! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the gang! :dance:

If that cable connection with the switch in in the compartment with the coax switcher then it is probably the connection from the amplified antenna on top. The push-button turns power on and off to the antenna.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

JohnRR 03-26-2014 11:12 AM

:welcome:
Enjoy your new toy.

aschuh53 03-26-2014 11:34 AM

welcome to irv2

Medico 03-26-2014 04:22 PM

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...298df81aed.gif Welcome and glad to meet you!

TXiceman 03-26-2014 05:00 PM

What you have to do when attaching a cable TV connect will vary with what you have in the RV. Do you have a BOMB (box of many button)? If so, you will need to select the appropriate input. You will also need to go the menu on the TV and select either Off-Air signal (or antenna) or cable and then do a scan of the available channels.

Ken

mwwade 03-26-2014 09:15 PM

Thanks for all the replies. When we did the walk around with the mechanic the tv's were hooked up, and playing with good reception. This tells me they are connected to the antenna. My antenna is a flat type, that requires no raising. I did go to menu, and selected the air mode. and then did a channel search. We were in Eastern Ok. and picked up two channels. The two channels would come in and out. When they did come in I had good reception. Now if I want to hook up to cable-dish, I first run the cable from the pole to the connection to the box on the outside of the MH. What do I do next? I can't see how to get to the back of the flat screen to reconnect the cable to the one with the little button switch, and green light. Wow, I'm a little confused.

TonyDi 03-26-2014 09:27 PM

Glad you are with us. Sounds like you have it working.

Hudgens 03-26-2014 11:28 PM

Welcome, Maurice. There are a lot of nice folks on this site. I'm fairly new, too, and I have yet to figure out the cable wiring on my motorhome. So, I won't be much help, but I'm sure others will help you out. Good luck!

Steve N Sal 03-27-2014 06:40 AM

Welcome aboard and glad to have you with us. Enjoy your travels. :dance:

homeless 03-27-2014 06:50 AM

howdy

Chiefbvfd 03-27-2014 07:22 AM

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new to you rig...:)

bdickson 03-27-2014 07:31 AM

TomandGloria 03-27-2014 07:33 AM

Greetings. If you run the cable TV cable from the box to your connection on the outside of your Motorhome, do you have a box with buttons labeled cable, antenna, satellite? If you do ensure your tv is connected to the RF connector where your antenna connector would be and push the cable button. If you do not have that button box, just connect to the antenna connection in your Motorhome , ensure your antenna booster is off and set your tv to cable. Should work. BTW, we are at Twin Fountain RV Resort in OK City. Nice park and close by lots of attractions.

becken6 03-27-2014 10:58 AM

Welcome! I have driven the Alcan Highway 4 times. Awesome experience everytime.

mwwade 03-27-2014 07:46 PM

Thanks for all the replies!