iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Air Hose (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/air-hose-197888.html)

wracinti 03-28-2014 09:00 AM

Air Hose

I have read on the forum that there is a connector under the front hood area where you can connect a air hose to pump up tires if needed. I think i found the connector, where and what can of air hose am I looking for? 50 feet should be enough right? Thanks Wayne

tricotec 03-28-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wracinti (Post 1986665)
I have read on the forum that there is a connector under the front hood area where you can connect a air hose to pump up tires if needed. I think i found the connector, where and what can of air hose am I looking for? 50 feet should be enough right? Thanks Wayne

The air pressure on our DP coach tops out at about 120PSI. You should have a gauge to tell you the max pressure. You can buy the hoses and fittings at home depot. Be sure the hose matches the max pressure your coach produces.

bobandshaz 03-28-2014 11:12 AM

Measure before you buy. Too short is NO fun.

dennis45 03-28-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wracinti (Post 1986665)

The connection for your air line is up front in the generator compartment. You will find a Female Quick Coupler. It is there primarily to allow a tow truck to plug in an air supply to release the air brakes in the event you need a tow. It is a good idea to Zip Tie a Male End to this coupler that matches so that the tow truck driver can just put it on his hose if his coupler does match.
Now, filling tires from your on board compressor can be done but it takes a while as you will see in the attached video. I fabricated one of these and it does the job OK.
If you are buying a new hose, get a 3/8" at the least. 1/4" makes it really slow.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fill%...ompressor&sm=3

FlyingDiver 03-28-2014 11:18 AM

As delivered from the factory, there is a connector attached to a support strut very close to the air hose. It's the correct fitting for the hose. On an older coach, this fitting might be lost, so getting a new one and keeping it handy is important.

I was usually fairly successful airing up the mains and tags from the on-board tank & compressor, because they only needed 95lb or so. I gave up doing the fronts because they require 110-115 (max 120), and it was almost impossible. I carry a small tank compressor now. Much easier, even if I need to run the genny to fill the tank.

JFXG 03-28-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingDiver (Post 1986828)
..... I was usually fairly successful airing up the mains and tags from the on-board tank & compressor, because they only needed 95lb or so. I gave up doing the fronts because they require 110-115 (max 120), and it was almost impossible. I carry a small tank compressor now. Much easier, even if I need to run the genny to fill the tank.

+1 on FlyingDiver. Any tire that needs 100psi or more will be a tedious pain with the onboard air system. The system simply isn't designed for that. $100 @ Harbor Freight buys a 150psi electric portable that will fit in a belly compartment. Handles the tires, and several other odd jobs, too.

Dutch Star Don 03-28-2014 01:10 PM

We found these airlines are pretty useless for filling tires, but very handy for blowing up bike tires, beach toys and blowing off your shoes and clothing. I have a hose permanently connected with an air nozzle attached.

no3putt 03-28-2014 01:18 PM

Have 50' and can reach both sides rear tires, but takes forever, great to bikes, air mattess, etc.

dennis45 03-28-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFXG (Post 1986934)
+1 on FlyingDiver. Any tire that needs 100psi or more will be a tedious pain with the onboard air system. The system simply isn't designed for that. $100 @ Harbor Freight buys a 150psi electric portable that will fit in a belly compartment. Handles the tires, and several other odd jobs, too.

Don't have room for such luxuries in my basement. Got to have room for the Fishin Gear. :D
I run 100 Psi in front and this set up works adequately for me. Just takes a little longer and since I'm not paid by the hour, it's no big deal. :laugh:

FlyingDiver 03-28-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis45 (Post 1986977)
Don't have room for such luxuries in my basement. Got to have room for the Fishin Gear. :D

Hey - it's a good excuse to get a larger RV! :D

dennis45 03-28-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingDiver (Post 1987005)
Hey - it's a good excuse to get a larger RV! :D

Never thought of it that way. But then, I would have to get a house with a longer garage for the new MH.

wracinti 03-28-2014 06:25 PM

Thanks everyone, I will look for the connector attached to the rail. So,I assume you want the engine idling when you fill to keep pressure up?

dennis45 03-28-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wracinti (Post 1987294)
Thanks everyone, I will look for the connector attached to the rail. So,I assume you want the engine idling when you fill to keep pressure up?

I use my device with the Throttle set on High Idle so the compressor recovers faster.

GunEBear 03-29-2014 07:38 AM

I have a 2000 madp, how do you set hi idle? I have not been successful in doing so