iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Fleetwood Providence VS American Coach (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/fleetwood-providence-vs-american-coach-198175.html)

Brian W 03-30-2014 08:42 PM

Fleetwood Providence VS American Coach

Just bought a Bounder couple months ago and loving it so far. With that being said we are planning on full timing starting in about 4 years and we want a diesel pusher with nicer amenities. We looked at the Fleetwood Providence and loved everything about it. We then looked at the American Coaches and for the life of me couldn't figure out the difference in quality to justify the much higher prices. This is not to diminish the American Coach lineup, they are obviously very nice rigs. I am just trying to figure out what that extra money gives me so I can make an educated decision when the time comes.

Petes Dad 03-30-2014 08:57 PM

There are a few items that are options for the Providence that are standard on the American Coach line. And a few differences that aren't available on the Providence. Is it worth the cost, depends on what is important to you.

Old Bounder 03-31-2014 09:17 AM

Spend the next couple of years studying the different chassis and engine options between the different coaches. Sometimes the major differences are not simply cosmetic.

Brian W 03-31-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loulong (Post 1990507)
Spend the next couple of years studying the different chassis and engine options between the different coaches. Sometimes the major differences are not simply cosmetic.

I certainly understand there is more than cosmetics. I have been looking at the specs for both and it appears the engines are the same with the exception of 2 stage braking, the transmissions are the same with the exception of electronic shifting, torque is the same, HP the same, etc, etc. the one difference I can see with the chassis is that American Coach has a Liberty model of the same Freightliner chassis. I will be the first to admit I have a lot of research and learning to do, but I want to start now to get an idea of what I want to start looking for and my knowledge of chassis and engines is limited at best. As I said before I am not knocking American Coach, they are one of my dream coaches and would love to have one. Just trying to figure out what is different. Thanks.

Tha_Rooster 03-31-2014 03:32 PM

Besides the big difference in extras it's the chassis

Cat320 03-31-2014 06:22 PM

Off the top of my head, here are some of the items the AC should or might have that the Prov might not have: Aqua Hot, heated tile floors, bigger fuel tank, side radiator, solid wood everywhere, power basement locks, auto gen start, power cord reel, slide tray in basement, side cameras, in dash information system (gps, tire pressures, oil temp, trans temp, eng temp, etc), surround sound, three TVs, power/heated driver/pass seats, smart wheel, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, adjustable pedals, Corian counter tops, side by side refer with ice/water, Flexsteel furniture, washer/dryer, central vac, in motion satellite antenna, heat pump on rear A/C unit, 15,000# tow capacity, dual pane windows, Carefree automatic awning, power sun visors, power roof vents with rain sensors, hydraulic step well cover (in front of pass seat), Diamond Shield Protective mask on front...that's all I can think of.:)

Green D 03-31-2014 06:36 PM

To add to Cat320's great list, Powered gen slide and not just the gen but the whole front of the coach comes out. Air and hyd leveling system,Built in Silver Leaf engine monitoring AND Pressure Pro TPMS. Air locking and sealing entry door. Front and rear caps are fiberglassed together no seams to need caulking.Muti plex wiring, you can lay in the bed and lock the front and baggage doors,turn out all the lights and shut the window shades. Not that I'm that lazy just forgetful :-)
Anyone else want to add in?

Eric

Brian W 03-31-2014 06:58 PM

Thanks, I knew there was a reason, just not experienced enough in that size/type of rig. I obviously have a lot to learn in the next couple years to determine what will be the best fit for us. This forum has been a great resource and I learn new things everyday. Great people on here.

Daytripper63 03-31-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat320 (Post 1991231)
Off the top of my head, here are some of the items the AC should or might have that the Prov might not have: Aqua Hot, heated tile floors, bigger fuel tank, side radiator, solid wood everywhere, power basement locks, auto gen start, power cord reel, slide tray in basement, side cameras, in dash information system (gps, tire pressures, oil temp, trans temp, eng temp, etc), surround sound, three TVs, power/heated driver/pass seats, smart wheel, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, adjustable pedals, Corian counter tops, side by side refer with ice/water, Flexsteel furniture, washer/dryer, central vac, in motion satellite antenna, heat pump on rear A/C unit, 15,000# tow capacity, dual pane windows, Carefree automatic awning, power sun visors, power roof vents with rain sensors, hydraulic step well cover (in front of pass seat), Diamond Shield Protective mask on front...that's all I can think of.:)

My 08 Providence has all but 9 of the items listed, with that being said the American coaches are very nice but I am happy with my Providence. I believe the big difference will be the chassis