iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Tire Monitoring System (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tire-monitoring-system-200616.html)

Fasteddie08 04-19-2014 09:11 PM

Tire Monitoring System
 
Tire Monitoring System.....YES or NO?

vsheetz 04-19-2014 10:50 PM

Yes. TST here.

Not only the safety aspect but the convenience as well of being able to check your tire pressure from an easy chair. I was without one for many years. After getting one realized I should have done it way earlier.

Nuclear 04-19-2014 11:03 PM

Interesting...I was just researching it when this post appeared. Can anyone recommend a particular brand? Flow through or no flow through??

Tomtall 04-19-2014 11:55 PM

If you do not want a flow thru model this is the best bang for the buck I have found. Open link and select "view e-bay web site"

https://bit.ly/1gWl97v

Nuclear 04-20-2014 12:14 AM

Not bad at all! Sounds like a smart idea...even monitors the toad.

Nuclear 04-20-2014 12:22 AM

I'll see if I can find them locally and install them Monday after I get my new tires.

oneal 04-20-2014 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fasteddie08 (Post 2017267)
Tire Monitoring System.....YES or NO?

I believe they are a must, I read several posts where the TMS alarmed and prevented a catastrophe, plus the roadside downtime. You will get a lot of opinions on brand favorites making it hard to choose so I suggest read all you can to make your choice. I like the Tire-SafeGuard - Products .

Saltydog44 04-20-2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsheetz (Post 2017368)
Yes. TST here.

X2 for us - we have flow through.

Not suggesting others aren't as good; the key is to get something. We've had no issues with the flow through al though I think I have seen that a few others have not cared for them.

We also had no issue with installing them. Again I had seen that some folks found an issue with enough room around the valve stem.

J Birder 04-20-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog44 (Post 2017468)
X2 for us - we have flow through.

Not suggesting others aren't as good; the key is to get something. We've had no issues with the flow through al though I think I have seen that a few others have not cared for them.

We also had no issue with installing them. Again I had seen that some folks found an issue with enough room around the valve stem.

There is also a "T valve" that allows filling air without removing your non-flowthrough sensors. TPMS, TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS - T-VALVES, VALVES TPMS ADAPTERS

MS DELTA 04-20-2014 08:46 AM

I have the TireTech On TP7002 system TomTall posted on EBAY. I have used it for 3 years and still have not replaced the batteries. I will have to buy 2 more senders, as my new Aspire has 2 more tires!!! I also have them on my Jeep. I see no need for a pass through. You remove it just like removing a cap if you need to air up. A pass through is just another place to leak air IMHO!!

Ultratravler 04-20-2014 09:33 AM

What are everyones thoughts on buying used TPMS systems? Thanks and Happy Easter.

Dave

Sky_Boss 04-20-2014 09:33 AM

I suppose I will give a semi-cryptic answer...

WHY NOT?

I really haven't heard a cogent argument against TPMSs.

Now, that being said keep in mind that they are a supplement to regular tire inspection by the owner. There is nothing wrong with using a temp gun to check tires during stops and thumping them if it makes you feel good.

They are not perfect but provide good tread information. My TPMS seems to read about 2 PSI low compared to my high quality tire pressure gauge. That isn't a big deal I just know that and work with it. I also can see that all tires are seeing higher pressure as they warm up. On a really hot, sunny day I can even see a slight increase in tire temps on the sunny side of the coach. Most important is that the system has been very fast to detect a quick leak. Once had one due to a valve stem extension that wasn't seated correctly and the system warned me immediately.

I also suggest TPMS for the toad. You will not feel the tires going flat on your toad. BTW...you will also know what side your exhaust is if it comes out the back side because the toad tire behind the exhaust will run 10-15* hotter than the rest.

Sky_Boss 04-20-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultratravler (Post 2017834)
What are everyones thoughts on buying used TPMS systems? Thanks and Happy Easter.

Dave

Why used? I can say that the customer service from TST is OUTSTANDING and well worth the direct purchase of a new system.

Sky_Boss 04-20-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS DELTA (Post 2017766)
I have the TireTech On – TP7002 system TomTall posted on EBAY. I have used it for 3 years and still have not replaced the batteries. I will have to buy 2 more senders, as my new Aspire has 2 more tires!!! I also have them on my Jeep. I see no need for a pass through. You remove it just like removing a cap if you need to air up. A pass through is just another place to leak air IMHO!!

Well...been there, done that, got the pass throughs.

Now, I am speaking specifically about the TST brand and frankly, I didn't like using the little tool needed to remove the [edit for clarity] non-pass throughs. I also like the ability to change batteries on the pass through version.

YMMV.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.