iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Gen Set (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/gen-set-202172.html)

14 Cornerstone 05-01-2014 08:41 PM

Gen Set

We have a 2014 Cornerstone. Our storage unit has ground fault circuit breaker so we cannot plug in or we pop the circuit breaker. We would like to set the generator Energy Command 30 to come on Auto and charge up the batteries when they get low. We would only do this for a few days of us leaving for a trip. The operatorís manual is no help. I viewed the video that was posted for the Energy Command 30 and that was no help because they upgraded the Energy Command 30 system. What I need to know is what everyone has for a start V number and end V number. On our it has (Start @ V<)(<factory setting) Not sure what the factory setting is. When I push the arrow up or down one says 10.5 and the other says 14.5. Does anyone know what the factory setting is and should I just leave it there? Sorry, this is long. I just want to set the generator to come on when the batteries go low. Any help would be nice. Thank you!

Tim:banghead:

bullheaded 05-01-2014 08:52 PM

?????????????????? Buy a charger/maintainer for the batteries.....1 for the house batteries and 1 for the chassis.

Fasteddie08 05-01-2014 08:53 PM

Take the batteries out and charge them in your garage with a battery tender if you don't have power in storage. That way you have nothing to worry about.

Ed & Donna
2014 Anthem RBQ. Midnight Illusion

MRUSA14 05-01-2014 09:09 PM

These posts get more ridiculous every day. He's supposed to remove 10 batteries from his coach, take them home and charge them? And how does his refrigerator run without power or batteries?

A charge/maintainer? He already has that built in to his coach!

T/R, your question was totally appropriate, but I don't have the answer on the top of my head. I suspect it is in your Magnum Inverter manual, but the easier way may be to call Entegra.

Additionally, why does your coach pop the circuit breaker? You may have the inverters set to too high a charging level for the circuit you are plugged into. Try setting the shore power setting on each inverter to 5 amps, then see if it pops the breaker. It should not. If it does, something is wrong. Get the shore power working. It's a better solution to your problem.

Fasteddie08 05-01-2014 09:18 PM

Yes, if he has no power at his storage and "HE" is concerned that having dead batts when he returns ( when ever that is ) then Yes pulling them and keeping them charged is not a terribly bad idea. . People use the forum to look for different ideas not all of them feasible. But since my post offends you so much, give us your idea

Ed & Donna

JoyalRV 05-01-2014 09:21 PM

A few days is not going to drain the batteries, so unless you're leaving the coach with appliances running, I wouldnt worry about the batteries.

Fasteddie08 05-01-2014 09:22 PM

Didn't catch the few days away. Agreed, nothing should happen to the batts

Ed & Donna

14 Cornerstone 05-01-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRUSA14 (Post 2033567)
These posts get more ridiculous every day. He's supposed to remove 10 batteries from his coach, take them home and charge them? And how does his refrigerator run without power or batteries?

A charge/maintainer? He already has that built in to his coach!

T/R, your question was totally appropriate, but I don't have the answer on the top of my head. I suspect it is in your Magnum Inverter manual, but the easier way may be to call Entegra.

Additionally, why does your coach pop the circuit breaker? You may have the inverters set to too high a charging level for the circuit you are plugged into. Try setting the shore power setting on each inverter to 5 amps, then see if it pops the breaker. It should not. If it does, something is wrong. Get the shore power working. It's a better solution to your problem.

Thank you for the reply. I have set the shore power on each inverter to 5 amps. They still blow the circuit breaker. I have a call into CS and have no reply yet. Thank you anyway.
Tim

14 Cornerstone 05-01-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyalRV (Post 2033588)
A few days is not going to drain the batteries, so unless you're leaving the coach with appliances running, I wouldnt worry about the batteries.

I do want to run the refrigerator. Get it cooled down and load before we go. Thank you for the reply.

Tim

oneal 05-01-2014 09:36 PM

Ground fault receptacles go bad and trip far too soon, sometimes even brand new ones are overly sensitive. I would change (or remove) the GFI at the storage building.

MRUSA14 05-01-2014 09:43 PM

I agree. The GFI should not be tripping if your inverters are set to 5 Amps. There is a problem either in the GFI (likely) or in the RV (less likely). The problem should be found and fixed, so you can enjoy your coach without worrying about the generator, and so that your batteries will be kept charged when in storage. If you can just change a GFI receptable, that could be the fix. They only cost about $15. If the CGI is in the breaker panel, it gets a little more complicated. You may need an electrician to find and fix the problem.

14 Cornerstone 05-01-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRUSA14 (Post 2033628)
I agree. The GFI should not be tripping if your inverters are set to 5 Amps. There is a problem either in the GFI (likely) or in the RV (less likely). The problem should be found and fixed, so you can enjoy your coach without worrying about the generator, and so that your batteries will be kept charged when in storage. If you can just change a GFI receptable, that could be the fix. They only cost about $15. If the CGI is in the breaker panel, it gets a little more complicated. You may need an electrician to find and fix the problem.

I rent the space at a storage area. I cannot change the GFI receptacle. Thank you for youíre reply.

MRUSA14 05-01-2014 09:51 PM

Does your rent include electricity? If so they should provide you with a working receptacle.

14 Cornerstone 05-01-2014 09:52 PM

Thank you all for you're reply. I will just wait for CS to call. Thank you!

johnnyreno 05-01-2014 10:34 PM

agree if its set to 5 amps or even 10 it should not blow is what you are asking how to set it to 5 or 10 amps ?

KSCRUDE 05-02-2014 06:20 AM

Your gfi must be bad. Just replace it with a regular plug, about $5 at Home Depot. Nobody will ever know. Then if you ever leave just put the junk gfi back in. Or try a new gfi first, about $10 at home depo.

brobox 05-02-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSCRUDE (Post 2033899)
Your gfi must be bad. Just replace it with a regular plug, about $5 at Home Depot. Nobody will ever know. Then if you ever leave just put the junk gfi back in. Or try a new gfi first, about $10 at home depo.

Same thing I thought, it's passed City inspection, now it time to make it useable. If I am paying for it, I want to be able to use it.

Marcosdad 05-03-2014 05:35 PM

My power problem at my storage was some clown left his water heater and A/C on. When his thermostat called for the A/C, circuit breaker tripped. :facepalm:Land lord finally got him squared away.

Finally 05-07-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14 Cornerstone (Post 2033643)
Thank you all for you're reply. I will just wait for CS to call. Thank you!

I agree, the book was no help. I called CS and they walked me through it in no time. Once you have it configured, its really easy to set.

Funny thing happen to me with my auto gen setup. I was watching the movie "Day After Tomorrow" and the scene where the ice shelf breaks off in the beginning of the movie, well, while that was going on, I felt the rig shake and vibrate with some low rumble noise. It scared me half to death but then I realized it was my ten starting up. :face palm:

Another thing that gets me every time is the poof of air from the rig when the tanks are filled. I even know its coming but usually I'm doing my walk around after I start the rig and I jump every time. :o:)

Saltydog44 05-08-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finally (Post 2042308)
Another thing that gets me every time is the poof of air from the rig when the tanks are filled. I even know its coming but usually I'm doing my walk around after I start the rig and I jump every time. :o:)

We're at Spartan for 1 year service. They are selling a "muffler" for the air release for about $60. It is an easy attachment. This morning I heard the poof and it was MUCH quieter. DW will appreciate it since she does the light check and verifies the tow bar locks.

MRUSA14 05-08-2014 08:33 AM

Are they doing the steering vibration mod?

C310 05-08-2014 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another way keep from scaring yourself or your wife is to just attach a piece of hose and extend it out through the cavity. You won't be scared anymore! SteveAttachment 62375

Saltydog44 05-08-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRUSA14 (Post 2042567)
Are they doing the steering vibration mod?

I wasn't on the list for it. I think you mean the vibration at 45 or so not the one at slow speed. I have the one when I pull away and turn, but not the higher speed one.

Saltydog44 05-08-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C310 (Post 2042584)
Another way keep from scaring yourself or your wife is to just attach a piece of hose and extend it out through the cavity. You won't be scared anymore! SteveAttachment 62375

Good mod - but I doubt you got to spend $60:facepalm:

C310 05-08-2014 08:50 AM

Not more than a couple of bucks and the rest I'd rather spend on Diesel. Steve

MRUSA14 05-08-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltydog44 (Post 2042587)
I wasn't on the list for it. I think you mean the vibration at 45 or so not the one at slow speed. I have the one when I pull away and turn, but not the higher speed one.

I too ony have the slow turn vibration. Just an anoyance, and I hardly notice it anymore, but I'd rather be rid of it.

mel s 05-08-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14 Cornerstone (Post 2033529)
Our storage unit has ground fault circuit breaker so we cannot plug in or we pop the circuit breaker.
Tim.

Tim
I hope you don't mind if return to, and comment on, that statement, (and ignor all of the "off topic posts" your OP has somehow "morphed into"! ??

I can't help with your genset settings, but I can tell you this:
If/when a circuit breaker pops, when you plug the cord of your coach into a GFCI receptacle, something is definitely WRONG....(either in your coach, with the electrical cord you're using, or with the GFCI itself).
Plugging your RV into a receptacle/outlet with ground fault protection should never "pop" a circuit breaker..... (you have a problem that "needs fixing")!

Mel
'96 Safari

jd956jd956 05-08-2014 09:15 AM

A friend experienced the exact same "GFI" popping problem in his rented rv storage stall. He simply replaced it with a non-gfi receptacle and wahla, no more problem!

Saltydog44 05-08-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRUSA14 (Post 2042619)
I too ony have the slow turn vibration. Just an anoyance, and I hardly notice it anymore, but I'd rather be rid of it.

I didn't think there was a fix - Seems like we were told it was normal.

Update (Timely discussion with Chris) They re working on a fix for the slow speed issue, but nothing yet.