iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Bounder: Porch Light (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/porch-light-203234.html)

Greg813 05-10-2014 07:30 AM

Porch Light

I know this sounds elementary, but we can't figure out how to turn on the overhead exterior porch light and also the "scare light" on the side of the rig. There is a rocker switch on the cab panel, but it doesn't do anything that we can discern and the switch in the stairwell turns on the handle and step lights, but not the overhead porch light. Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks, Debby

Tha_Rooster 05-10-2014 07:32 AM

I say the same switch that turns on hand rail turns light on check bulb

Brian W 05-10-2014 10:23 AM

Debby,

Are you talking about drivers side or passenger side? If you are talking about passenger side our porch light button is right besides the steps. If drivers side ours has a rocker switch by the generator start, fans, map lights, etc that is the utility light. It turns on the light above the wet bay as well as allows the light to be turned on in the wet bay.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

n5pht 05-10-2014 10:38 AM

Probably not the case with you but might be and could help others. Our Montana 5er had a remote to do lots of stuff (slides, jacks, etc.) and you could also turn on the scare lights and IF you did so with the remote the inside switch was rendered no good. If you turned them back off with the remote then the switch inside was fine again. I met someone and told him this and he was about to take out the bulbs before I explained this to him. If you have a remote thought that might lead to your solution. I have no idea how many RV use such a system buy our Montana 343RL certainly did operate in that way.

Greg813 05-10-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n5pht (Post 2045550)
Probably not the case with you but might be and could help others. Our Montana 5er had a remote to do lots of stuff (slides, jacks, etc.) and you could also turn on the scare lights and IF you did so with the remote the inside switch was rendered no good. If you turned them back off with the remote then the switch inside was fine again. I met someone and told him this and he was about to take out the bulbs before I explained this to him. If you have a remote thought that might lead to your solution. I have no idea how many RV use such a system buy our Montana 343RL certainly did operate in that way.

Thanks for the info, but we don't have a remote. This may help others though.

Greg813 05-10-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian W (Post 2045528)
Debby,

Are you talking about drivers side or passenger side? If you are talking about passenger side our porch light button is right besides the steps. If drivers side ours has a rocker switch by the generator start, fans, map lights, etc that is the utility light. It turns on the light above the wet bay as well as allows the light to be turned on in the wet bay.

Both sides. The outside handle lights up fine and so do the stair lights, but the yellow/gold light above the door will not come on and neither will the big light on the drivers side high up on the outside of the coach above the wet bay. Tried the Utility rocker switch in the location you mentioned and nothing happens. We will check the bulbs next. Thanks for the info.

Greg813 05-10-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg813 (Post 2045662)
Both sides. The outside handle lights up fine and so do the stair lights, but the yellow/gold light above the door will not come on and neither will the big light on the drivers side high up on the outside of the coach above the wet bay. Tried the Utility rocker switch in the location you mentioned and nothing happens. We will check the bulbs next. Thanks for the info.

Problem solved! It was the bulbs. The receptacle for the big light on the drivers side was full of water from when Lazy Days was trying to find our leak and they ran the coach through their rain bay. The one over the door was just burned out.

We have a puck light or pot light in the ceiling in the dining area with a bad connection and sometimes it will come on and sometimes not. If we thump it, sometimes that will help. It always seems to be something.

This is our first coach and every time we take it camping, something else is wrong. I think this is our 5th or 6th trip and we are currently camping in St Augustine, FL and loving it. Trying to keep fairly close to home until we get some experience before taking a long trip.

I'm sure we will have a ton of questions and we certainly appreciate everyone sharing their expertise.

Debby

Brian W 05-10-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg813 (Post 2045780)
Problem solved! It was the bulbs. The receptacle for the big light on the drivers side was full of water from when Lazy Days was trying to find our leak and they ran the coach through their rain bay. The one over the door was just burned out.

We have a puck light or pot light in the ceiling in the dining area with a bad connection and sometimes it will come on and sometimes not. If we thump it, sometimes that will help. It always seems to be something.

This is our first coach and every time we take it camping, something else is wrong. I think this is our 5th or 6th trip and we are currently camping in St Augustine, FL and loving it. Trying to keep fairly close to home until we get some experience before taking a long trip.

I'm sure we will have a ton of questions and we certainly appreciate everyone sharing their expertise.

Debby

I had a problem with a interior puck light doing the same thing. My dealership discovered it was a bad connector and replaced it. Quick fix. Glad to hear you figured out the outside lights issue. Glad you are having a great time.