iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Sinks (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/sinks-203456.html)

NY Camper 86 05-12-2014 08:45 AM

Sinks

Not sure the best place to post this so if its in the wrong spot I am sorry!

I have a white sink in my kitchen of my TT. As I am sure many have a problem with, keeping it clean from coffee etc is very hard. Is there anything out there made to "paint" the sink a new color? Didn't know if they made special paint or anything. Any advise would be great!

Eventually will need to do the same to the tub as it is that special yellow that all plastic in campers seems to turn!

Thanks for any help! :cool:

Gocoffeer 05-12-2014 10:20 AM

NY ... you can certainly paint the sink. An epoxy based spray or brush on is available at LOWES and HomeDepot. Here is a link to a how to that describes the process. How to paint a sink with sink epoxy

NY Camper 86 05-12-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocoffeer (Post 2048132)
NY ... you can certainly paint the sink. An epoxy based spray or brush on is available at LOWES and HomeDepot. Here is a link to a how to that describes the process. How to paint a sink with sink epoxy

Great thank you! White just isn't a good color!!

Gocoffeer 05-12-2014 12:49 PM

NY: You make me smile...white is just a color. Now that you know there is a product out there capable of refurbishing your sink ...now go do the research and find your idea of a favorite color.

NY Camper 86 05-12-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocoffeer (Post 2048343)
NY: You make me smile...white is just a color. Now that you know there is a product out there capable of refurbishing your sink ...now go do the research and find your idea of a favorite color.

:D Pretty sure a purple sink may look a little out of place... :-D

Gocoffeer 05-12-2014 01:10 PM

I say to each their own... I recently saw an Olive kitchen that was pristine and early 70's retro. It looked OK to my eye but I just am not the Olive type aficionado. A Mocha colored sink would definitely hide coffee stains...

NY Camper 86 05-12-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocoffeer (Post 2048403)
I say to each their own... I recently saw an Olive kitchen that was pristine and early 70's retro. It looked OK to my eye but I just am not the Olive type aficionado. A Mocha colored sink would definitely hide coffee stains...

That wouldn't be a bad color. The kitchen cabinets are a white pine look with medium stain so I don't want it to look too bad.

Gocoffeer 05-12-2014 01:36 PM

It is a color that is certainly out there.... some of the TTs have some exotic interiors. My rig is more like a rolling locker room. My wife and I gutted it...took out all the features that just did not fit in a bicyclists life style (even the dinette was discarded), then we installed a rollout garage type flooring (impervious to dogs and bikes)....put racks inside the MH for the bikes....and we are moving now towards the more electronic type project (solar).

NY Camper 86 05-12-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocoffeer (Post 2048452)
It is a color that is certainly out there.... some of the TTs have some exotic interiors. My rig is more like a rolling locker room. My wife and I gutted it...took out all the features that just did not fit in a bicyclists life style (even the dinette was discarded), then we installed a rollout garage type flooring (impervious to dogs and bikes)....put racks inside the MH for the bikes....and we are moving now towards the more electronic type project (solar).

Wow that sounds great! Yes we are slowly making this camper home! And I am a big foodie so the kitchen is most important to me!

Gocoffeer 05-12-2014 02:04 PM

I do like the amenities of a working kitchen...but downsized to get everything that might run off battery. We are proned to pull into free boondocking locations like Walmart parking lots to seek shelter in the evening and get up early as we head out to the rail trails to catch up with our various riding groups. The kitchen has to run off that battery pack and solar array as does everything else.

NY Camper 86 05-12-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocoffeer (Post 2048495)
I do like the amenities of a working kitchen...but downsized to get everything that might run off battery. We are proned to pull into free boondocking locations like Walmart parking lots to seek shelter in the evening and get up early as we head out to the rail trails to catch up with our various riding groups. The kitchen has to run off that battery pack and solar array as does everything else.

Yeah I am full timing and living near where I work so running off the battery isn't as important!