iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Newby Starting a Trip Home to Alaska from Houston TX (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/newby-starting-a-trip-home-to-alaska-from-houston-tx-206697.html)

patlarrv 06-06-2014 08:31 PM

Newby Starting a Trip Home to Alaska from Houston TX

hello all.

pat and I are from Wasilla Alaska down here in Houston for my lung transplant. the docs are cutting me free to go home, so we bought a 2005 national tropical to make the trip in.

our first stop will be in Colorado springs to visit family, was hoping some one might have suggestions on places to visit on the way. time is not really a concern as we are both retired. so we can just wander around,
look forward to hearing from you folks.:)

Pat and Larry from alaska

Hudgens 06-06-2014 09:06 PM

Welcome to the irv2 gang, Pat & Terry! Glad you decided to join. I've seen lots of good advice in these forums, so I'm sure someone will offering ideas for places to see. Hope you have happy and safe travels as you head home to Alaska!

aauummm 06-06-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patlarrv (Post 2084676)
hello all.

pat and I are from Wasilla Alaska down here in Houston for my lung transplant. the docs are cutting me free to go home, so we bought a 2005 national tropical to make the trip in.

our first stop will be in Colorado springs to visit family, was hoping some one might have suggestions on places to visit on the way. time is not really a concern as we are both retired. so we can just wander around,
look forward to hearing from you folks.:)

Pat and Larry from alaska

What are your interests? Are you pulling a towed vehicle? Do you want suggestions on RV Resorts to stay at or suggestions on sightseeing? Are you interested in outdoor activities or indoors things also? How about suggestions for after leaving Colorado Springs? Are you interested in National Parks or luxury RV Resorts with all of the amenities?

You have got a very enjoyable trip in front of you and the possibilities are infinite. Enjoy the ride! And welcome to the site!

myshaggydog 06-07-2014 05:49 AM

Welcome to the Forum and sounds like you will have some interesting adventures ahead of you. I know this maybe too late but I assume you have your passports, since you will be driving thru Canada?

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun and seeing part of the country in an RV is a great choice for your return trip. Best of luck.

Happy RV'ing

Chiefbvfd 06-07-2014 06:13 AM

Welcome aboard....Sounds like wherever you decide to stop it will be a great trip....Good luck with your trip and your health....:)

MSHappyCampers 06-07-2014 06:24 AM

Hi Larry & Pat! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the gang! :dance:

Sure glad your transplant went well. Enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

patlarrv 06-07-2014 06:40 PM

I will be towing a 14 ft trailer. health kind of restricts out door activetys, but we do love site seeing. i'm a jewler hobbyist and used to cut gem stons and do lost wax casting in silver and gold. after Colorado springs we head towards seattle then down to southern Oregon. then it back up the alcan or cassier hwy to home.

larry and pat

patlarrv 06-07-2014 06:44 PM

thanks, and yes we have them can't leave home without them.

happy to find good ppl here in the group

larry and pat

myshaggydog 06-08-2014 05:36 AM

Larry and Pat:

Sorry I read to fast but congrats on a successful transplant. ENjoy your trip. Your picture looks like a very happy couple and hope to see you out there. Again Best of luck and congrats.

George and Brenda

Medico 06-08-2014 05:52 AM

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...298df81aed.gif Welcome and glad to meet you!

JudyH 06-08-2014 06:26 AM

I think you could go through Cody, Wy. and check out the entrance to Yellowstone. The Rockies are beautiful this time of year.

Park 06-08-2014 07:02 AM

:welcome::wavey:

Gadget63 06-08-2014 07:12 AM

Howdy from SC and welcome to the forums. Congrats on your clean bill of health!

aauummm 06-08-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patlarrv (Post 2085758)
I will be towing a 14 ft trailer. health kind of restricts out door activetys, but we do love site seeing. i'm a jewler hobbyist and used to cut gem stons and do lost wax casting in silver and gold. after Colorado springs we head towards seattle then down to southern Oregon. then it back up the alcan or cassier hwy to home.

larry and pat

The possibilities between Houston and Colorado Springs are absolutely unlimited but here's a few ideas:

1. San Antonio-do the downtown-one of the most unique cities in the US
2. The Hill Country just west of San Antonio
3. Las Cruces, New Mexico (do the old spanish village of Masilla)
4. Rock Hound State Park, Deming, New Mexico
5. City of Rocks State Park, Deming, New Mexico
6. Silver City, New Mexico
7. Santa Fe, New Mexico
8. Taos, New Mexico

Then on to Colorado Springs. You can Google each of the above to see what each has to offer. Good luck on your travels!:thumb: