iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Palazzo Motorhomes (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/)
-   -   Palazzo Reviews (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/palazzo-reviews-217362.html)

ChallengerRN 09-04-2014 06:00 PM

I'll not be advertising on here for another site.

I for sure will say you are obviously not looking very hard!!

Russell

Fred and Bonnie 09-04-2014 06:09 PM

Go over to RV Net and review these posts, in particular the posts of "93Mastercraft"

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Search

Fred

streamcamper 09-04-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie (Post 2214315)
Go over to RV Net and review these posts, in particular the posts of "93Mastercraft"

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Search

Fred

Thank you.

User1011 09-04-2014 06:45 PM

93mastercraft is palazzoblues....

ChallengerRN 09-04-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LT (Post 2214369)

That is true & his slide failed this week. Sad as that is. If someone didn't need more problems he gets them!!

Russell

streamcamper 09-04-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChallengerRN (Post 2214307)
I'll not be advertising on here for another site.

I for sure will say you are obviously not looking very hard!!

Russell

Wow!!! Really? Not very helpful.

I have reviewed previous posts, including THOR, Winnebago and various trailers. The slide issues have been chronicled for a few years now, and seem to have peaked earlier this year. You are saying in your post that there are numerous new issues, but I haven't seen evidence of this, which is why I asked the question. If the posts happen to be new to you, but not new posts, then they shouldn't be presented as new occurrences.

Without a doubt, the slides are an emotional subject, but I wish there was less venting, and more meaningful information about failures, prevention methods, maintenance, operation, etc... other than level, lubrication and holding the switch.

streamcamper 09-04-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChallengerRN (Post 2214412)
That is true & his slide failed this week. Sad as that is. If someone didn't need more problems he gets them!!

Russell

https://www.youtube.com/user/93mastercraft

Butte64 09-04-2014 07:18 PM

Palazzo Reviews

At the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach the Thor tech showed us how critical the spacing is between the slide and frame. If the gap is too large the slide does nor properly engage. If it is not done correctly at the factory, the track on the slide can be shimmed to the correct spacing to ensure proper engagement. This is the most important aspect of Schwintek slide operation.

ChallengerRN 09-04-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streamcamper (Post 2214424)
Wow!!! Really? Not very helpful.

I have reviewed previous posts, including THOR, Winnebago and various trailers. The slide issues have been chronicled for a few years now, and seem to have peaked earlier this year. You are saying in your post that there are numerous new issues, but I haven't seen evidence of this, which is why I asked the question. If the posts happen to be new to you, but not new posts, then they shouldn't be presented as new occurrences.

Without a doubt, the slides are an emotional subject, but I wish there was less venting, and more meaningful information about failures, prevention methods, maintenance, operation, etc... other than level, lubrication and holding the switch.

What you should do stream camper is buy a palazzo with the large slide.

My guess is you will learn all you need to know in very short order.

I took my lesson on mine. I'm a slow learner but I learned and paid well for my lesson.

Russell

RKNOLA 09-04-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LT (Post 2214369)

I'll tell him you said hello. :thumb:

ChallengerRN 09-04-2014 08:00 PM

Palazzo Reviews

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butte64 (Post 2214436)
At the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach the Thor tech showed us how critical the spacing is between the slide and frame. If the gap is too large the slide does nor properly engage. If it is not done correctly at the factory, the track on the slide can be shimmed to the correct spacing to ensure proper engagement. This is the most important aspect of Schwintek slide operation.

Based on that --- who would do the shimming ?? I certainly agree with your statement. Is the shimming something anyone could do?

Russell

Scarab0088 09-04-2014 09:03 PM

Thread warning

To all,

Please avoid personal exchanges and comments about other members choices in these Forums. Many of the posts in this thread are approaching removal for Community Rules violations.

The first and foremost rule for iRV2 is "Be Nice".

Thanks to all who contribute and please consider that one person's point of view is just as valuable as anothers.

Regards,

Butte64 09-04-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChallengerRN (Post 2214533)
Based on that --- who would do the shimming ?? I certainly agree with your statement. Is the shimming something anyone could do?

Russell

We saw a Thor tech do it at Myrtle Beach. Not easy and not a one person job. I don't know if CW service people know how.

Perhaps more important was that he showed us what to look for.

I expect that at the TDC rally next month there will be a lot of slide checking done and perhaps an opportunity to see the shim job in action.

ChallengerRN 09-05-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butte64 (Post 2214730)
We saw a Thor tech do it at Myrtle Beach. Not easy and not a one person job. I don't know if CW service people know how.

Perhaps more important was that he showed us what to look for.

I expect that at the TDC rally next month there will be a lot of slide checking done and perhaps an opportunity to see the shim job in action.

Well I don't have to worry for myself but when I met with the slide expert (my assessment ) before I traded mine thats what he was showing me on mine. But I thought you were talking about an quick or easy shim. I got the opinion from my guy it was not a one man job also. Thanks

Russell