iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Vintage RV's (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Goooodmorning!!! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/goooodmorning-222101.html)

FastGlassMan 03-23-2019 07:59 AM

Morning Everyone! Glad to hear all is going well for the hurting crew ! Been home all week, rainy and miserable, dry so far today. Looks like we will be lucky with the rear end on the MH, checked it out with my buddy, should get by with just a bearing kit, but am going to order the spider gearset too, ring and pinion are fine! He has like a $6000 Snap On scanner and it reads all the codes for the engine (none showing) but cannot read the ABS ? I can buy the one from Wabco-Meritor (a software program) for $450.00 but wonder if it pays to buy it and put it on my old laptop? Maybe I could help out others like me that don't like paying "Stealership" diagnostic fees! Possibly recoup some of the money with donations from others with ABS lights on. Well it has been 5 days since I put a cigarette in my mouth and Sally too, she has "cheated 3 or 4 times , but it's ok. Put the stupid patch on Sun and Mon, but with the fever from the flu it kept sliding off! I took what Rail said to heart, I will overcome this and will help Sally do it too! I have lost 12 pounds so far this week, I was 234 last Sat , Dr. told me I need to lose 34, for my perfect BMI! I have been in the 200/210 area for 45 years only put on this bit since closing our shop! We will see. Flu going away, going for the shot next week. I am breathing a little better so i'm going over to my Vietnam Vet Nicks later to help him take a shower and clean up, gonna try and get him outside for a while! Have fun and be Safe! Bobby

Wroughtnharv 03-23-2019 08:26 AM

Good morning from Memphis TX. We didn’t make it to Childress yesterday.

Glenda’s seventy fifth will be one for the books. We moseyed out onto I40 in Albuquerque after what we figured was past rush hour. It took an hour for the first couple of miles. There was a bad wreck involving toy hauler, tow pickup, and several cars. The tow pickup was bent like a boomerang. Then it was smooth sailing.

Jane will heat up to 200 degrees on long grades but drop right back down and stay at 180 most of the time. I never had to turn on the Hayden water tank to cool off the radiator once.

Far eastern New Mexico we ran into some showers. Then we hit a big time accident on the west bound, tore up cars and a Fed Ex doubles rig parked in the divider. Shortly after that we hit hard rain with imbedded hail. I knew behind me was an open car hauling rig loaded down with Mecum Auction treasures, oooooooooohnooooooooo! Then it cleared up and we were just fighting the stiff southern wind that made me so proud of installing the awning lock and it working so well.

There were more storms, some with hail. Western Texas we hit one storm where the hail for about a half of a mile looked like snow on the road and landscape three to four inches deep.

Outskirts of Amarillo I heard the dreaded snap and pop of the awning unwinding. Keep in mind we had this horrible cross wind from the south most of the day. I got over and we only had a foot or so droop but it was whipping even with us stopped. All I brought this trip was a four foot ladder.

The awning lock didn’t fit our awning. Keith said he had never seen a model like ours, cuz said “Winnebago”. But I made it work but the shaft would only secure the lock and not the barrel. The plan is to weld up a new bracket when we get home and I have access to the TIG and some aluminum. The shaft was into the lock about a half of an inch but the wind had shook so bad that it had came out. I was able to maneuver the lock and got real lucky, it rolled back up. I duct taped everything back together so the barrel and the lock couldn’t move. I was doing this on my tip toes, short people have issues, and promising myself that the next trip and all those thereafter will have at least a six foot ladder.

We took the loop around Amarillo to tack into the wind and be in a position where if the awning broke loose again it wouldn’t be on I40 rush hour.

Heading south on 287 we decided to stop sooner than Childress for the night. First place in Claude we couldn’t find, second place was shut down, abandoned even. Third place was a mud hole waiting for rain to make it interesting. We called a place in Memphis and the owner said he had one site open. When I get bandwidth I will post a photo.

I asked the manager about the storms approaching from the west. He said there was some light sprinkles in the forecast but nothing to worry about. We grabbed some electricity and the unhooked Blue and went to a Mexican restaurant for Glenda’s birthday dinner. When the Mexican food is made with ground beef you know the cook is from a border state, Michigan or Alabama. When the hot sauce is made with bell peppers and catsup you think, “Alaska”. But when they bring you sliced jalopenas without the seeds, “Britain”. Glenda was tapping me on the knee under the table and saying, “calm down Harvey. It will be okay.”

The last time I checked the radar projections it looked like we were going to be brushed by the storms, just some light showers. About three am heavy rain with imbedded hail hit with a vengeance. I could just see a big John Deere farm tractor grabbing Jane by whatever they grab Jane by and towing us out of the park.

This morning is spectacular. I see no issues getting out. We are running late, daylight savings time sux when it blindsides you two time zones over. We will be getting home about three instead of noon. We’re retired and it’s supposed to be raining the whole way anyways.

Life is to be lived.

rvpopeye 03-23-2019 05:28 PM

So,,,,,typical day on the road :thumb:

guardrail53 03-23-2019 08:34 PM

Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today, well as good as store bought iced latte can be!

First day of chemo is done, two bags down, one two go today! No ill effects so far, and will check out of the hospital this afternoon and fly back home this evening!

Harvey, I pack a 6' Werner fiberglass step ladder and a WolfWise 15.2' telescopic ladder with me in Mona! The ladder on the back is a joke, and will be removed! Hope the rest of your trip is smooth and the wind is at your back!
Glenda sounds like Jira, trying to calm me down, jajajajajaja!
Happy birthday Glenda!

Bobby, hang in there, you can do it! I can tell you quiting was the single most hardest thing I have ever done! But so worth it!
After you get to the 6 month mark, it will get much easier! Remember you are breaking a habit, and a addiction! You can do this, just get stubborn!

Lloyd, great pic's! Glad you guy's had a good ride!

Everyone have a great day! Rail! [emoji266]

spritz 03-23-2019 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Evening,
Got a text today from my bother an the culvert that feeds his lake which also on his property and one of the ways we get the motor home into our spot has washed out. Water is about 100 feet from the chicken coup which is about 100 feet from the house. That's on the west side on the front that faces the lake the water is running across the lawn about 200 feet. :eek:
Guess I'll need waders to get to the docks if they go in.

Starting to get ready to head home so we can lend a hand with repairs.
Went out to see the Valley of Names Wow allot of work a must see if you ever get to the Yuma area.
rail,
got me again,
hope everything goes well

Watching a special tribute to Jerry Garcia, from Maryland, great tunes.
Have a great weekend, what's left of it.
Tim

ronjhall 03-24-2019 05:39 AM

Coffee taste extra good this morning.

Michigan weather is finally made it out the Suck department. 40's and 50's daytime temperatures. Still some piles of snow where it was piled when clearing drive and walkways. Slow melt means no flooding. That's been true for eastern MI.

Wishing all heading back north have safe travels.

Prayers for those healing. Keep up the good fight.

Good Morning All.

Lloyd in S.C. 03-24-2019 08:20 AM

Good morning all!

Rail, really happy to hear your treatments are going well. Safe trip home!

Harvey, a little expensive,,, but like you I wanted a better ladder and once you get stuck like that you know you need to have one. Towing the enclosed Vnose trailer, sorta prohibits lashing a ladder to the coach rear ladder as in the tight corners they can connect!!!! So aanyway, last week I purchased a GP Logistics 7' ladder on Amamzon. It is a 2 sided step ladder that folds into a 4" by 4 3/4" by 87" unit when stowed. Fits really nicely in the basement. Very sturdy when unfolded and easy to do so.

Tim, that looks like a mess. Wouldn't think it is too big a rush to get back, not going to beable to work the mud going to have to wait till that all drys up. It is double trouble when the rains come and the snow melts together.

Ronj, glad you are seeing some better weather. The end is in sight.

Neighbor here in the park (next to Ron) had a water leak yesterday night, and I guess it ran all night. Hundreds of gallons of water,,, maybe a thousand. Water flooded Rons and our patios, ran down the street and flooded the street, water everywhere. There was a waterway that was navigable to cross to visit Gordon and Janet!!!!! Not sure how they could sleep while the water was leaking in their basement. Mud in the desert!!

Gordon and I and a friend went for a motorcycle ride to Borrego Springs California to see the wild flowers and the metal art. Took just a few pictures, there must be more than 40 peaces. Fun day, great weather. Our neighbor Bruce went with us.

Jeep run today, taking those here in our park out. Nice easy run if we find the correct trails...............

Hope all those healing do exactly that and get well and join us out here. Have a great day all!

L.

Gordon Dewald 03-24-2019 11:27 AM

Good Morning;
Great to see Spritz back on the forum. Welcome back. With Lloyd on the road repairs. Might as well stay where it is warm as it is going to have to dry out before you will be able to do much about fixing the washout. Install a culvert if you can find a good sized one. Lots of times you can get a salvage piece from the local road authority.

Fun ride yesterday. Looking forward to the next one. Found that I have managed to get a finger in front of the lens for most of the pictures I took. So will have to go back and take the pictures again.

Everyone keep on healing. Best thing you can do.

Have a wonderful day.

guardrail53 03-24-2019 10:52 PM

Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is so much better at home! Fresh ground beans, and French Press, Yeah!:dance:

Got back home at 7 PM yesterday, good nights sleep, and feel very good today! We go back in April for a CT scan, to see what affect the chemo is having on reducing the size of the tumors, and then adjust the plan accordingly! Two of the bags of chemo hanging on the rack had a brown box over them, looked like I was getting a direct injection of a box of wine!:eek:;):D Made me smile!:D

Tim looks like a bigger culvert, or "Whistle" as we used to call them is needed!

Harvey, glad you got home safely, and Jane is working good for you! I think the older MH's with the manual injected motor's are so much better in reliability! So much less to go wrong! Mona has given me no trouble for all the miles I have put on her, and short of a blow out on the tire last year on the way to Custer, S.D. (my fault, driving through a long closed gas station, I probably ran over something that damaged the tire, just before it happened):facepalm:

RonJ, enjoy the spring in Michigan! I used to haul a lot of slot machines to Michigan, all winter, and loved to see the spring come up there! Except for the pot holes, Dang!:facepalm:

I saw that the going away party, for the snowbirds in Los Algodones was last weekend, did any of you people in Yuma make it? It was always a good time, with free booze, food, entertainment! Living there, it always meant the town went back to its sleepy little self, half of the vendor's closed up and moved to T.J. or bigger border towns! It was a time to make good deals on stuff, for sure! End of season sales!:dance:

Everyone have a great day! Rail!:cool::D

rvpopeye 03-25-2019 07:25 AM

Rail
A culvert is called a whistle ?????
Gonna need the back story on that !:cool:

Is that the source of the phrase ....
Wet your whistle ????:popcorn:

cwk 03-25-2019 06:51 PM

Spring is coming to the north. We are in NE Florida. We heard geese honking overhead this morning on their way to their summer homes. It was like they were saying: "Hey, down there. Good to see you again. But, we gotta fly now. See you next fall." :wavey:

BTW, does that make them "snow-birds"? :rolleyes:

Charlie and Martha 03-25-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spritz (Post 4692085)
Evening,
Got a text today from my bother an the culvert that feeds his lake which also on his property and one of the ways we get the motor home into our spot has washed out. Water is about 100 feet from the chicken coup which is about 100 feet from the house. That's on the west side on the front that faces the lake the water is running across the lawn about 200 feet. :eek:
Guess I'll need waders to get to the docks if they go in.

Starting to get ready to head home so we can lend a hand with repairs.
Went out to see the Valley of Names Wow allot of work a must see if you ever get to the Yuma area.
rail,
got me again,
hope everything goes well

Watching a special tribute to Jerry Garcia, from Maryland, great tunes.
Have a great weekend, what's left of it.
Tim

Great to see you in print again Tim.

Charlie and Martha 03-25-2019 08:15 PM

Good evening all,

Lynne, Saw your post in the "What did you do to your old RV today" thread. The job you are doing on your coaches graphics is really good. Kudos!

Rail, Ted, Continued good wishes from Martha and I.

Well, our trip from Roswell, NM to Rio Vista via Highway 721 revealed that we REALLY need new shocks. I order Koni Shocks for all four corners today. Got them from Ultrarvproducts.com. $640 shipped. I should have them in five to seven days (when we return to Rio Vista from Fayetteville).

Ron, Stan and Harvey, Who do you know down Cleburne/Alvarado way that will put them on without charging me $150 an hour like the truck repair places?

All y'all have a great evening.

Wroughtnharv 03-26-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie and Martha (Post 4695338)
Good evening all,

Lynne, Saw your post in the "What did you do to your old RV today" thread. The job you are doing on your coaches graphics is really good. Kudos!

Rail, Ted, Continued good wishes from Martha and I.

Well, our trip from Roswell, NM to Rio Vista via Highway 721 revealed that we REALLY need new shocks. I order Koni Shocks for all four corners today. Got them from Ultrarvproducts.com. $640 shipped. I should have them in five to seven days (when we return to Rio Vista from Fayetteville).

Ron, Stan and Harvey, Who do you know down Cleburne/Alvarado way that will put them on without charging me $150 an hour like the truck repair places?

All y'all have a great evening.

Morning Charlie, hope you and Martha get a chance to stop by on your trip. This afternoon Iím going to Durant OK to pick up some welding rod at half price and check with the Choctaw Nation on help getting a storm shelter. They have a program to help members. Durant is about twenty five miles from our place.

As for your shocks, have you got a quote from a truck shop? The reason I ask is they will have the necessary equipment and expertise to get it done efficiently. A shade tree will take longer chances are most likely and the cost might be the same. One of the issues you have to consider is your home will be thousand miles or so from the mechanic if there is an issue with the work. A national system can have a remedy close by.

I know that a lift like they had at Bobís Diesel in Yuma would make the job easy and quick. The mechanic has access standing up and thatís a huge plus.