iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Vintage RV's (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Goooodmorning!!! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/goooodmorning-222101.html)

ronjhall 08-13-2022 03:07 AM

Coffee is brewing. 53 with mostly clear skies this morning. Heading to 73 with rain in afternoon. Got most of the limbs cleaned up in woods. Still have some limbs that need to be trimmed with polesaw. I did a treatment on wasp nest. But wasp are not giving up easily. Grapple for tractor is stored on a shelf below nest. Will wait until they are completely gone before getting grapple on tractor. Neighbor has offered to come over and get rid of wasp. It may have something to do with he wants me to do some clearing for him in his woods.
Downy Woodpecker has moved into my Bluebird House.
https://i.imgur.com/GWObqa5.jpg

starhawk, WELCOME to Goooodmorning!!! thread.

Orrin, get better soon.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

Sam 3 08-13-2022 07:29 PM

Good Morning

Back from my two week Mental Health reset vacation. Have a list of phone calls to make on Monday. Leaving Thursday for four days of camping with our camping club. It only rained one night. So happy no more yellow and brown streaks down the side with out the awning. Repair with 59SS screws worked and rubber trim. New demand pump and filter worked well. No more sputtering/pulsing water. DD deserves a break from RV repairs. Just had the flimsy screen door panel come out. Sprayed the edges of the panel and track with silicone spray. Couldn't get the oven or burners to light up. Helps if you turn the propane on. Saw another 60s HiLo. The owner wasn't home. Another camper came and struck up a conversation with me. She lives a few streets over from me. She used to work at Home Depot with DD. Another couple came in about midnight. I brought my LED light for them to use as they were setting up. They got in late as he had to finish his chemo therapy treatment. Had a conversation about chemo and cancer. Prayers appreciated for RUDY as he has a long road ahead of him. Stage four colon cancer and stage three lymphoma. He just got married in 2001. Both he and his wife have known each other for fourteen years. Both are teachers for students with Autism. They got to meet DD and DH. My TMobile phone worked very wel along lLake Ontario. Need to get some user lessons from DD/gadget girl. I was able to read the posts every day. Gordon a new dishwasher will be more energy effeciant than the old one. Glad to hear DEB had a good surgical outcome. Orin Covid sucks get well quick. I went to my PA for my hurting foot. She ordered xrays. Best guess is shin splints caused by inflammation. Need to whip my house into shape again. Take Care Ann

ronjhall 08-14-2022 03:08 AM

poured first cup of coffee. 60 with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 70 with slight chance of rain in morning hours. Spent more time in woods yesterday. Neighbor helped with wasp nest. Got power washer out and blasted the nest until it was nothing but paper on the ground. Forecasted rain never showed up. Garden Pond maintenance this morning. Rest of the day should be a conserve energy day.
Yesterdays sunrise.
https://i.imgur.com/jwezdHR.jpg

Ann, good you got your mental health reset.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.

Lloyd in S.C. 08-14-2022 05:12 AM

Good Sunday Morning All!

65*!!!!! Wow, that is nice. Low humidity. High in the 80's today. Yesterday was same great weather.

Orrin, hope you guys pull through this quickly! Get well!

I think I found a painter for the interior of our park model. Would be nice to have that done before we arrive.

RonJ, I guess those wasp are not stopping you from the next job!!!

Going house hunting with the kids today, have 3 appointments with the realator. Maybe one of them is the one.

Have a great day all!

Orrin 08-14-2022 06:42 AM

Good morning!! 65, headed to 72 and cloudy all day. We are having a cool August.

Linda and I are on the mend from Covid. The Paxlovid anti-viral drug works wonders. Thank goodness we are both fully vaccinated. Linda is about a day behind me in recovery. We are both still isolating and should be good to go by Tuesday. Thanks for the get well wishes.

I need to play golf, so I can keep up with Gordon.

Ann, great that you enjoyed your trip.

Ronj, neat sunrise pic.

ronjhall 08-15-2022 02:56 AM

Poured first cup of coffee. 59 with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 78 with partly cloudy skies. Did not get anything on list done yesterday. Had visitors most of the day. It was a very relaxing day. Back to the list today.
https://i.imgur.com/bl9ZgGC.jpg

Orrin, good you are getting over Covid.

Llyod, wasp did not stop me. Anyone that stops to visit will cause me to never stop talking. And I cannot do 2 things at one time anymore. :rolleyes:

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

Lloyd in S.C. 08-15-2022 06:51 AM

Good Monday Morning!

72*, high of 85*. 50% + chance of T storms again this afternoon. Mostly cloudy at the moment.

Kids did like one of the houses we toured yesterday, think they may make a offer.

Orrin, get well! Best wishes!

RonJ, same with me, multi tasking is harder now.

Have a great day all!

Gordon Dewald 08-15-2022 08:34 AM

Good Morning;
Lovely day here. Sun is out and will be warm.

Watermelon is going good. Have several about the size of an orange. Great for here as they will ultimately get to about 10 - 12 lbs.

Wasp story. Had the shots last year. 3 weeks to the day after the first shot I was rough cutting and a wasp bit me. Fairly normal to get bit once or twice while rough cutting as it goes with the territory.

Normally I feel the bite, swell slightly and get a red spot that goes away fairly quickly. This time though the bite really burned and within minutes had formed a blister. The swelling and redness covered an area about 4" x 3" on my arm.

A week later I went to the health unit to get my second shot. The blister had not broken but was now a crust and the redness was about the same size with some swelling still evident. I showed it to the health nurse who said she did not have access to the health system to record it but gave me the number to call it in.

I called the number and after waiting for a substantial amount of time was connected to the proper person. They told me that if they recorded my report they would be reprimanded!

As an anecdotal observation I note that this year I seem to have an enhanced reaction to any bite. Perhaps it is being older, or the bugs are more virulent or something else had changed.

This year I successfully did all of the rough cutting without a wasp bite. The area at the neighbors I was bit in last year is under construction by a landscaping company.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

ronjhall 08-16-2022 03:06 AM

Coffee is brewing. 59 with partly cloudy skies. Heading to 81 with mostly sunny skies. Got pond maintenance done. Then worked on cleanup woods some more. Still more to do. Will work on that some more today. So far I have sprayed a 20 oz can of wasp killer on area where nest was. They keep coming back.
Bath time.
https://i.imgur.com/ySGk0Mp.jpg

Gordon, so far I have not been stung.

Llyod, it's not just multitasking. Tasking gets???????????????

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

Orrin 08-16-2022 06:09 AM

Good morning!! 59, headed to 80 with partly cloudy sky's. A perfect day.

I am really feeling much better after Covid. I mowed the lawn (push mower) and took the dog for a long walk. And, I felt good afterwards. Linda is about 2 days behind me in her recovery. I am careful to avoid others and wear a mask if I have to go to the store. Nurse said OK, but wear the mask for the next week.

Middle grandson broke his arm on Sunday night riding his bicycle. He was doing jumps and getting air. He bragged to me that he almost landed it. Now he has to have surgery. They will pin it and put a plate in the upper end of the humorous. He is left-handed and broke the right arm. He's tough.

rvpopeye 08-16-2022 08:10 AM

64+79 all orb to all clouds , no rain but it's headed my way .
sea be 64 arrrrrr

:cool:
:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:
:dance::dance::dance::dance:
:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

:2funny:
:D:D:D:D
:popcorn::popcorn:
:confused::confused:
:laugh::laugh:
:rofl::laugh:
:clap::clap:
:facepalm::popcorn:
:smitten::smitten:
:smitten::smitten:
:icon_peace:
:clap::clap:
:laugh::laugh:
:blink:
:knuppel2::knuppel2:
:knuppel2::knuppel2:

:wavey::wavey:

ronjhall 08-17-2022 03:23 AM

First cup of coffee is cooling. 54 with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 80 mostly sunny skies. Got woods cleanup and chipper on tractor. Chipping all the cleared limbs and small trees will be todays project.
https://i.imgur.com/K8rydms.jpg

Orrin, good you and Linda are getting better. Sorry to hear about GS injury. Hope it heals well.

Popeye, you are getting some nice summer weather.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

rvpopeye 08-17-2022 04:47 AM

65+67 + It's gonna be a soggy one ! :cool:

:wavey:
:trash:
:2funny::knuppel2:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:eek::thumb::facepalm::blink:

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:thumb::thumb:

:wavey::Thanx:

Orrin 08-17-2022 07:28 AM

Good morning!! 64, headed to 79. Another delightful day.

I sold cars at the auto auction last night. Nurse said I was good to go but with a mask. Great to see people again.

Ronj, I called Erik again last night. He is doing well and waiting for the surgery on Friday. His mother says he needs a shower really bad.

Popeye, is there an emoticon that you have not used? Inquiring minds need to know.:rofl: