iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Eco Cruise Cruise Control (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/eco-cruise-cruise-control-223352.html)

LSepulveda 10-15-2014 05:50 PM

Eco Cruise Cruise Control

I have a 1998 Newmar Dutch Star On a Spartan Chasis. It came equipped with a Eco Cruise cruise control. The Toggle to Set And/ or resume broke and I'm hoping someone either has an old one not being used or knows where I can source one. The electronics works but the module with the toggle built on needs replacing.

:sad:

Lou

RobRV 10-15-2014 06:12 PM

Too bad that You didn't post this a Month ago. my Electronics was shot on My ECO Cruise Control so I replaced it with a King Cruise Unit! They had a way to utilize the existing Eco Control unit ,which Saved running all new Wires !

I will look at the switch panel sent to Me by King to determine if it can be used in place of the ECO switch panel. if I can swap it out I will be happy to sell You the ECO unit at a reasonable price. Give Me a Few Days to get to it as We are not close to the Rig until this weekend!

Rob

wa8yxm 10-15-2014 06:21 PM

Believe it or not those controls are very nearly universal... If you can not find the one you are looking for there is a company that makes cruse controls and sells the parts.. I looked 'em up last winter using Google but frankly.... Forgot to bookmark.

you might check the better auto parts stores (NAPA for example) and see if they can track down a multi-switch for you.

RobRV 10-17-2014 06:48 PM

I took a moment to contact Stephen at King Cruise Controls ,just to see if I could swap My ECO Switch out for the King Control panel. I have the directions and will give it a try this weekend .

If all goes well I can send You the Original ECO Switch Panel.

OR

You can probably get a brand New Switch directly from King Cruise along with installation instructions.

It does look as though they are a fairly simple design used by several manufacturers.

Let Me know !

Rob

RobRV 10-19-2014 07:11 PM

Eco Cruise Cruise Control

So Lou

I finally got around to attempting to swap out My Cruise Control Switch! My advice is buy a new generic switch . The actual Toggle switch is a momentary up momentary down style. There are three wires and three connection points . Some are better made than others!

I figured out the proper wiring changes needed to swap the original ECO Cruise panel for the King Cruise panel!

That's not difficult, however mounting the Panel was going to be a pain in the neck ,so I decided against using their Plastic Switches and Panel and have kept the ECO MetalToggle Set Cancel Control and replaced the Push Button On Off with another quality constructedToggle Switch. I will add an LED alongside to indicate That the CC is On or Off . All this on the original Metal Mounting plate!

athomp 03-29-2016 05:32 PM

athomp

my eco cruise works but wont hold speed over 64,any answers would be appreciated,some will say thats fast enough,but not when your on interstates all day.thanks

LSepulveda 03-30-2016 07:52 AM

Cruise control

I had my rig in the shop for another issue and the mechanic was able to install a momentary on off switch which solved my problem. So all is good now. I don't know about the 64 1/2 speed limit. Mine seems to hold at higher speeds, although I rarely drive faster than 68.

Lou