iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Southwest Region (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f69/)
-   -   AZ 30 Day stay? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f69/az-30-day-stay-226092.html)

Dasmoeturhead 11-13-2014 06:41 PM

Billings, Mt KOA Has a wonderful access to the Yellowstone river. I didnt go in but our choc lab Diesel approved.

Goin Coastal 11-15-2014 10:10 AM

That sounds appealing. We don't have a rig yet--I'm still working on my husband!--but I know he'd like to see Montana and WY, as I would.

vermilye 11-15-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis_K (Post 2304703)
You could look at the parks along the river in Lake Havasu and Parker. I have been here for 14 years and I don't recall the low temp ever getting near 20, rarely below 50.

I stayed along the Colorado River in the Parker area December & January last year, Buckskin State Park for 2 weeks, Cattail Cove State Park for 2 weeks (they have long term camping available) and La Paz County Park for a month. The state parks can get expensive since they don't offer weekly or monthly rates (Buckskin, for example is $30.00 per night). La Paz does - $145.00 per week including electricity, $340.00 per month + $.16 per KWH for electricity. Dry camping is $235.00 per month.

They have a large fenced in dog run at La Paz, and it is fairly close to Parker, where there is a Safeway & Walmart. All were water & electric, plus cable at La Paz. That part of my trip starts here.

mel s 11-15-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CampDaven (Post 2304849)
Activities in CGs are not mandatory. ;)

That is true....however you PAY, (often dearly), for them even if you never need/use them.
RV parks with few amenities and/or activities usually have lower prices....(and I am "all about" paying for ONLY what I need/want/use). :laugh:
Mel

sgtjoe 11-15-2014 10:51 AM

In Tucson there is a great Fam Camp on Davis Monthen AFB, good sized fenced dog run. The newer area in the back has larger spaces.

In Yuma our favorite is Arizona Sands rv park. They are really Pet friendly there, no restrictions on breed, quantity or size, only that they are well behaved. No fenced dog run, but right behind the park is the canal that runs through the City with walking paths on each side. A lot of us let our dogs off leash so they can run and play with each other. Only requirement is that you do pick up. As far as price it is one of the most reasonable and it is close to everything.

In San Diego you can stay at Admiral Baker Navy Rv park and golf course at 30 bucks a night. It's off of I-15 right across from the San Diego foot ball stadium. Cheapest place in the area to stay.

CampDaven 11-15-2014 11:42 AM

AZ 30 Day stay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel s (Post 2311421)
That is true....however you PAY, (often dearly), for them even if you never need/use them.
RV parks with few amenities and/or activities usually have lower prices....(and I am "all about" paying for ONLY what I need/want/use). :laugh:
Mel

Depends on where you go, how much you want or need, and how much security is provided. The price is often a crap shoot!
The daily value of a monthly rate has varied for us from about $12 to $20, most of them with comparable amenities and good security.
If it is warm, we enjoy the pool and hot tub. And a bit of boce ball or a Saturday dance is a nice break from hiking or sight seeing.
It is well that we all do proper due diligence in our research of where to stay. Wouldn't want any disappointments. :laugh:

Dasmoeturhead 11-17-2014 07:39 AM

Thanks for all your help. It really helps. We chose Cocopah in Yuma because I wasnt sure if we were going to be able to get into any CG or rv park due to the mases of snowbirds on there way dowm in this part of the country. Were fairly new to this movement, and have been fulltiming for 3 months, so were still learning the ropes.

They (Cocopah) has a nice pet area, and we got a site close to that. That makes a differance at 0630 when my Lab has held it long enough. Were in Tucsan for 2 more days, and here at the Koa, its all gravel ( which the dogs dont like), and the pet area is just to far to walk to before the big dog has to go. I think we may try to get a site closer to the pet area. By the way, its a real nice grassy area, fenced and probably over an acre in size.

This Koa is peobably only 15% full right now, with most of the people her permanent fixtures.

Dasmoeturhead 11-19-2014 08:44 AM

Well we made the trip from Tucsan to Yuma yesterday (long day), and arrived at Cocopah Rv and golf resort. We dont golf, but the neighbors are extremly friendly. The weather is perfect. We haven't explored yet, but hope to on the bicycles today. Everybody has a golf cart here, and they use them to get around this rather large park. The pet area is a very large grassy area, and even though it says your dog must be on one, 90% of the folks let their dogs run without one, which is nice. Lots of gravel and no grass at the site, but its clean, and there is a concrete slab next to where you park your rv. It is a bit of a drive to town however for supplies, but not bad.

Dennis_K 11-20-2014 12:37 PM

Other than a golf course you won't see much grass on the "west coast" of Arizona, it's too hot in the summer.

Dasmoeturhead 11-20-2014 02:06 PM

Yep, were pretty spoiled I guess. The weather sure is nice here though, and this is the 1st rv park that we've been to that allow you to wash your vehicle and rv for no additional fee. Im a clean freak when it comes to my pickup, so Im happy.

Dasmoeturhead 11-21-2014 09:56 AM

Its raining in Yuma, Az. We must have brought it with us. Dang!

sgtjoe 11-21-2014 10:01 AM

Relax and enjoy it, you could be in Buffalo NY

You might like to attend the "Welcome Back Snowbirds" party in Los Algadonas, Mexico.

Dasmoeturhead 11-21-2014 11:59 AM

Yeah were just kicking back. Your right, we could be in the snow. Still waiting on our passports, so no travel to Mexico, or Canada yet. Its all good. We've been full-timers for only 3 months so far. Still learning the ropes. So much to see. Were taking it slow.

Gordon Dewald 11-21-2014 12:12 PM

Yuma is a good area to stay at. Head across to Los Al Godones for dentists, eye glasses and prescription drugs.