iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Boondocking (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f93/)
-   -   I'll show you mine if you show me yours! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f93/ill-show-you-mine-if-you-show-me-yours-228690.html)

Red Dawg 01-13-2015 07:19 AM

I don't know of any that would allow overnights , but you can drive and park on Daytona and New Symrna beach for a good part of the day. I've not seen any MH of any size there though.

X2 for Salt Away . Amazing stuff!

Alan Wilson 01-13-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 2381405)
I don't know of any that would allow overnights , but you can drive and park on Daytona and New Symrna beach for a good part of the day. I've not seen any MH of any size there though.

X2 for Salt Away . Amazing stuff!

Yeah I don't think they have overnights. I have never heard of salt away until a couple days ago on this thread. We could use that up here every darned winter!

Thanks,

Alan

2001 HR Scepter 38PBD 330 Cummins

Murf2u 01-22-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Wilson (Post 2381367)
DW and I were stupid enough to drive on a beach, I believe it was at Daytona Beach in Florida. As I get older my memory fades more each year. We also drove on the beach at Brownsville TX and there were no barriers or cones at all but there was a sign telling you the rules of driving on the beach and tracks you could easily follow. Between those excursions on the beach and a short 50 mile drive in Iowa in the wintertime my MH started showing an immense amount of rust within a few months. I did wash it every time I walked into the fires of salt.

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD

I guess Class C Itasca's (and the Ford chassis they're built on) are just built better, with superior finishes than Holiday Ramblers are then.

The original owner of my unit lived on a waterfront lot and the unit was parked within 100' of the Gulf of Mexico and he was an avid surf fisherman. My rig spent many hundreds of days, both before and after I purchased it, on and next to both Gulf and Atlantic beaches.

There's still no visible rust after 20 years.

It was "built Ford tough" I guess. LOL.

Alan Wilson 01-22-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf2u (Post 2393387)
I guess Class C Itasca's (and the Ford chassis they're built on) are just built better, with superior finishes than Holiday Ramblers are then.

The original owner of my unit lived on a waterfront lot and the unit was parked within 100' of the Gulf of Mexico and he was an avid surf fisherman. My rig spent many hundreds of days, both before and after I purchased it, on and next to both Gulf and Atlantic beaches.

There's still no visible rust after 20 years.

It was "built Ford tough" I guess. LOL.

Rofl! I would not dream of taking this big behemoth on the beach. We had a Ford E3500 Class B+ when we drove on the beach. The metal on it is the same as the metal on all vehicles as far as I know. 😚 This Scepter would go down like rock in that sand. And rust the same. I am interested in that salt away stuff. Never heard of it. Anyone that wants to park next to salt water makes no difference to me and is no concern of mine.

Thanks,

Alan

2001 HR Scepter 38PBD 330 Cummins