iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Fresh Meat, and man am I nervous (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/fresh-meat-and-man-am-i-nervous-230527.html)

Noliver2003 12-30-2014 01:37 AM

Fresh Meat, and man am I nervous

So excited to say that I got my first motorhome today. And man am I lost. Total accident, right place right time. She is gonna need a lot of TLC and hopefully I have enough knowledge and patients to get it done. Right now the plan is for family camping trips, but she may end up getting parked at a friends house while I go to school. Bones are great, engine is strong but bought it from someone who had no idea about it. So... Here we go. I will be asking lots of questions.

Bumps 12-30-2014 01:57 AM

Welcome aboard!

Sometimes this is the way it all starts! What kind of unit did you get?

Are you ready for some fun?!?

\ken

Bigd9 12-30-2014 05:01 AM

:welcome:

Looks like you will be getting educated twice. Once for what ever you are studying in school and once to learn all about the new to you motorhome :thumb:

CLIFFTALL 12-30-2014 05:31 AM

Welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about your new RV and we'll point you to a section here that you can ask away.
Cliff

MSHappyCampers 12-30-2014 06:10 AM

Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang! :)

Congrats on the new MH! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

:dance: Happy New Year! :dance:

beamisl 12-30-2014 06:52 AM

Congrats on the new rig and check out Youtube as well as here.

How to dump your grey and black tank on your MH
how does your MH fridge work

Anything you want to know they have here and on YouTube

Fred1609 12-30-2014 07:35 AM

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new rig. Lots of folks here to help with any questions you might have. Good luck with school.

Safe and Happy Travels.

mhudson 12-30-2014 07:44 AM

Welcome to IRV2 from SC

tjwalsh 12-30-2014 07:48 AM

Glad to know we are not the only Newbies out here!!!

Chiefbvfd 12-30-2014 07:58 AM

Welcome and good luck with your project....:)

JohnRR 01-01-2015 12:19 AM

:welcome:
Good luck with your project.

"007" 01-01-2015 12:35 AM

Welcome to irv2.
Here is a link to get you started and you can join up with the Vintage RV group or the Class C Forum for more answers.
Enjoy the forums.

wa8yxm 01-01-2015 01:55 AM

Two books you might wish to look at and buy ONE (either one, really does not matter much)

The RV owner's handbook
The RV book

Generic owner's manuals, actually covered a couple things better than the factory manual.

Motor homes consist of basically 3 parts
Truck parts (Chassis, engine and drive train) Same as any other truck.
Walls/Floor/Ceiling/Roof... Save for the roof same as a house,, Roof needs to be treated much like a kitchen floor, Mop at least 2x a year, DO NOT WAX, inspect for damage or wear and repair as needed, if you can not find repair suggestions, ask.

Stuff: Appliances, includes the rear view mirrors, doors, and a lot of other stuff you do not think of as appliances.

These were not made by the name on the motor home, they were "outsourced" and in some cases double outsourced (Example; Motor home wears the name DAMON, but Damon does not make microwaves,,, Neither does DOMETIC but that's the name on the microwave,, Product ID label says LG (Lousy goods in my book) so of course I had to fix the (*@!#)#*!@) thing.. Of all the LG products I have ever owned this is the only one that works right AFTER MODIFICATION BY A SKILLED ENGINEER (me). Did not work right out of the box as it were.

You can go to manufacturer web sites and download manuals for all the "Stuff". even the rear view mirrors and the door.

Medico 01-01-2015 03:15 AM

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...298df81aed.gif Welcome and glad to meet you!