iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Wax on, Wax off (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/wax-on-wax-off-235782.html)

Good To Go 02-17-2015 09:59 PM

Wax on, Wax off

Took the coach over to Blue Beacon Truck Wash. It was really dirty and dusty from the last run when we hit a very windy desert area of Mohave and Barstow.

I was going to wash it myself but got a little lazy. The water here is also very hard and leaves a lot of spots.

They did ok, I thought it would have come out better. It seem their method is mainly to get semi-trucks clean. They use a spray method and do not wipe the vehicle off. I guess for $35.00 not bad. I did add the wheel clean $6, the Rain X at $12, not sure I would do that part again, and the 6 wheel tire dressing for $8. I guess I could have saved the $8 buck and taken care of that at home. Total $61.00

When I got home I had a lot of water spot and water streaks running down the sides. So I spend the day with a bottle of wax. It did come out nice and glad that project is done.

I did fine a few scratches on the upper part on the PS of the Coach. Where I live some of the street are narrow with a lot of trees lining the curbs. You have to be very careful when approaching some of the trees as you have to cross the line into the other traffic lane. I had to do some tree dodging today when I took the coach over for a recall inspection.

Will look into and see if I can get a detailer to rub out the scratches.

vsheetz 02-17-2015 11:12 PM

Blue Beacon does a good job, IMHO. Not a detail job, but good for the price. I don't go for any of the added cost extras just the basic wash job. When it comes wax time I can't physically do it anymore, so hire a day worker and supervise.

MRUSA14 02-18-2015 05:40 AM

I use Blue Beacon sometimes, but try to avoid it because of the water spotting and streaking which etches the paint and can only be removed with a cleaner wax, and sometimes requiring compound for removal. They clean the coach well but I really wish they had a better rinse system.

smlranger 02-18-2015 05:53 AM

You might want to consider the Wash Wax All system from Aero Cosmetics. I really like it and you can use it to clean and wax your coach unless it is really muddy or caked with dirt.

If mine is too dirty to use the Wash Wax All, I will wash it myself if possible or hire one of the mobile washers that RV parks allow. I can't see a situation where I would use a commercial wash or, as my body shop friend calls them, 'A Scratchomatic'.

MRUSA14 02-18-2015 07:04 AM

Ditto on Wash Wax All. I have used it for over 20 years and I can't recommend it highly enough. Washes with or without water, goes on and off easily and leaves a slippery clean surface.

TerryO 02-18-2015 07:45 AM

Good To Go, IRC you're in Las Vegas. We had ours washed at a place on Dean Martin Dr just North of Blue Diamond a couple of years ago. They did a great job. Yes it was more than $35 but the way I look at it a good wash runs around $100.

D Lindy 02-18-2015 12:29 PM

When I drove truck over the road we refereed to the Blue Beacon as "The Streaking Beacon" because they never fully rinsed the soap off the trucks with the auto rinse ceiling sprayer they used at the time.

brobox 02-19-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRUSA14 (Post 2429988)
Ditto on Wash Wax All. I have used it for over 20 years and I can't recommend it highly enough. Washes with or without water, goes on and off easily and leaves a slippery clean surface.

X3, but I am not brand particular, they all work about the same. The auto parts stores frequently run BOGO free sales and I stock up when they do.

smlranger 02-19-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 2431342)
X3, but I am not brand particular, they all work about the same. The auto parts stores frequently run BOGO free sales and I stock up when they do.

Agree. While I like the Wash Wax All, I have a gallon of No Wet waterless car wash/wax and I used it with the Wash Wax All mop and it works pretty much the same. I actually bought the Wash Wax All kit primarily to get the mop system and extension handle. Getting too old to be climbing up and down a ladder :blink::nonono: