iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   New member from Southern Calif. (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/new-member-from-southern-calif-244400.html)

cal old schl 05-01-2015 12:22 AM

New member from Southern Calif.

My wife and I recently retired and bought our first RV, a 'new for us' 2013 Four Winds 22E.
We like the size of it as well as the floor plan and it fits well on the side of our house without being 'squeezed' in. It has 5500 miles and is pretty much like new. It has one issue with the steering (considerable play at speed on the hwy) and I am already buried in research on this site as to probable causes and it is a bit of a priority before taking it any distance. And I really appreciate the wealth of info here. Aside from this we are excited at the thought of going places in it as well as making new friends. I know there's a bit of a learning curve with all that is involved with our first time out but hopefully it will be all for the good. We are in the Walnut/Diamond Bar area and just giving a shout out to say 'Hi..'

ArmandV 05-01-2015 01:52 AM

Welcome aboard, fellow Southern Californian!

Chiefbvfd 05-01-2015 05:25 AM

Welcome aboard....;)

hal1phx 05-01-2015 06:54 AM

:welcome:

TXTiger 05-01-2015 07:05 AM

Welcome. Regarding your steering problem. Several things may be an issue. I would check the balance of the tires. Next I would check the allignment. If both are ok then it could be worn shocks.

MSHappyCampers 05-01-2015 08:00 AM

Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us! :dance:

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

JohnRR 05-01-2015 08:09 AM

Good luck with it and your travel plans.

HavingABlast 05-01-2015 08:38 AM

Welcome aboard from yet another SoCal'er. Congratulations on your retirement and the new to you rig. After you've addressed on the free play (plenty of helpful people on this forum), fuel it up and start making some happy memories!

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (on order), Cummins ISB,
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox

Not a Clue 05-01-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal old schl (Post 2536549)
My wife and I recently retired and bought our first RV, a 'new for us' 2013 Four Winds 22E.
We like the size of it as well as the floor plan and it fits well on the side of our house without being 'squeezed' in. It has 5500 miles and is pretty much like new. It has one issue with the steering (considerable play at speed on the hwy) and I am already buried in research on this site as to probable causes and it is a bit of a priority before taking it any distance. And I really appreciate the wealth of info here. Aside from this we are excited at the thought of going places in it as well as making new friends. I know there's a bit of a learning curve with all that is involved with our first time out but hopefully it will be all for the good. We are in the Walnut/Diamond Bar area and just giving a shout out to say 'Hi..'

You might try taking to Pete's Road Service Inc.- Truck RV Tire Services they have locations all over SoCa. They put on my new tires and they have the ability to check out everything including alignment. Give them a call and see if they can help, they service RV's also.

CampingCajun 05-01-2015 12:04 PM

Welcome aboard. :thumb:

denlock 05-01-2015 01:50 PM

Big Bear Local 05-01-2015 01:59 PM

Welcome

Medico 05-01-2015 07:07 PM

:welcome: Welcome, glad to meet you!

cal old schl 05-02-2015 08:37 AM

'Thanks'

Thanks to all for the welcome.. And to 'not a clue', also for the feedback for Petes road service. I had actually already called them based on the really good reviews and talked to them on the phone about bringing our unit into them. Your recommendation just makes me feel that much better about taking it there. Thanks again..;)