iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   RV Parks around the San Francisco to San Jose area (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/rv-parks-around-the-san-francisco-to-san-jose-area-254792.html)

JEEPOHOLIC 07-14-2015 08:19 PM

RV Parks around the San Francisco to San Jose area

Does anyone have a list of RV parks in the San Fricso, San Mateo, San Jose areas, I already know of Candlestick, and Coyote Valley, all I seem to be finding are south of San Jose - Morgan Hill area, we are moving there for work in the first week of August, A little about our equipment, we live in our 40 foot triple slide fifth wheel, and pull it with a FL-60 Freightliner, thanks everyone

SteveLevin 07-14-2015 09:41 PM

Check RVParky.com ... there are definitely a few, although I can't offer specific recommendations; however, if you end up in the park here in Sunnyvale, we can be neighbors (well, nearby...I like about 3/4 of a mile from the Aloha RV park).

Steve

sbleiweiss 07-15-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveLevin (Post 2650187)
Check RVParky.com ... there are definitely a few, although I can't offer specific recommendations; however, if you end up in the park here in Sunnyvale, we can be neighbors (well, nearby...I like about 3/4 of a mile from the Aloha RV park).

Steve

Wow. I thought I knew them all but hadn't heard of Aloha. Will check it out.

We stay in the area twice a year, each for a month or longer. Two you haven't mentioned are Trailer Villa in Redwood City and San Francisco RV Resort in Pacifica. There are also several smaller ones on the coast south of Pacifica.

We have settled on Trailer Villa. None is really great near SF. I am not sure why a really nice one couldn't survive and even flourish, but no one has built one of the really nice, often condo, parks up there.

At Trailer Villa you want to be in the newer, back section. It is on a salt marsh and the management is very nice.

GaryKD 07-15-2015 06:06 PM

Hi JEEPOHOLIC,
Look at SF RV resort at San Francisco RV Resort | Encore RV Parks & Campgrounds

tomakat 07-15-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryKD (Post 2651361)
Hi JEEPOHOLIC,
Look at SF RV resort at San Francisco RV Resort | Encore RV Parks & Campgrounds

I've stayed here a couple of times and will be back in October for a week. What I like about this place is not only the view, but also it's only a short ride to the BART station (5 minutes away) that will take you into downtown SF.

pallencollin 07-17-2015 09:03 PM

Coyote Valley RV Park in Morgan Hill is well located for Kathy and I when visiting the SF Bay Area . Nice park and great restaurant in the area.

Peter Collins
Woodland WA
2014 Anthem 42DEQ

vsheetz 07-17-2015 09:46 PM

RV Parks around the San Francisco to San Jose area

I have a TT on a annual site at the Thousand Trails in Morgan Hill, used for when I work in the Bay Area. Not fancy, but peaceful and quite serviceable, and way cheaper than any other place I found in the area for long term stays. Morgan Hill is a very nice area. About 20-25 miles to San Jose / Santa Clara.

sbleiweiss 07-18-2015 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallencollin (Post 2654538)
Coyote Valley RV Park in Morgan Hill is well located for Kathy and I when visiting the SF Bay Area . Nice park and great restaurant in the area.

Peter Collins
Woodland WA
2014 Anthem 42DEQ

Except when we looked there they wouldn't let you reserve a particular spot. You get what they give you when you pull in. That is a non-starter as far as we are concerned. Too bad too because it is one of the nicer facilities in the area. I agree about Morgan Hill being a nice town, although my wife thinks it is too far away from everything and too small to stand on its own.