iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Sprinter Chassis Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f280/)
-   -   Sprinter Mercedes Trouble Survey pls contribute (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f280/sprinter-mercedes-trouble-survey-pls-contribute-271262.html)

Deny 11-02-2016 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLP1945 (Post 3318624)
I was using cruise control and pulling my 2016 Subaru Forester 4 wheels down (weighing less than 3500 lbs) at a speed of 65 mph and at 2400 rpms and at approximately 22,300 miles on the odometer and as I was going up a significant hill the motor from cruise control reved the engine up to about 3200 rpms to maintain the same speed and when that happen the dash red warning light for Electronic Brake-force Distribution, EBFD, ABS and about two other related messages all of which say "visit workshop" came on and then when the cruise control was kicked off, the rpms and the speed reduced, the warning lights went off and normal driving was restored. My MB says not sensors?? Thoughts - comments? Tia

I think it was the sensor(s). I had 2 sensors go bad.....separate occasions......one at about 30Kmi, the other at 36500Miles. The second one came on..then went off, only to come on & stay on, until replacement.

I think the towing, stress on the hill, etc, were just coincidental.

I think the sensors are problematic, and, they need to be improved. I also think they are like light bulbs...they work, sometimes they can blink, but, you cannot predict when they won't work

RLP1945 11-02-2016 06:24 AM

Rtormala - Do you use cruise control when towing on level ground or never use it when towing? When going uphill towing do you go to manual or leave it in auto transmission? TIA

RLP1945 11-02-2016 06:33 AM

Deny - My MB tech does not think it is the sensors because of the way I am getting the messages i.e. My messages go away when engine turned off and restarted.

rtormala 11-02-2016 06:44 AM

Somehow my post was deleted ? I never use cruise when towing anything heavy like a boat, trailer or car. I actually think the cruise control algorithms are too tight and the transmission will do funny things when you are climbing a hill, passing someone, or other things that are not in your normal driving pattern. I have friends in FL who tow large boats with cruise control but in my experience that is a bad thing to do. I think it's a "too each his own" preference and I err on the safe side.

Traveldude 11-02-2016 06:56 PM

Short Timer Reply
 
We have only 3000 miles on the unit but we have had no problems with the MB chassis beyond getting the recall work done on the drivers door in summer 2015. We get about 15mpg and the chassis has been great. We have had many issues with the Thor box on the MB frame. But, you did not ask about that. We have not towed yet, but plan to in the future. The wire under the driver's seat is very short and any attempts to swivel the driver seat is likely to disengage, which then shows up as the airbag malfunction on the control panel. 3 visits to MB to get it fixed. Eventually solved. Overall we love the Thor Siesta Sprinter. We have not seen any of the problems alluded to in the other posts.

JJ Holiday 11-08-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLP1945 (Post 3320035)
Deny - My MB tech does not think it is the sensors because of the way I am getting the messages i.e. My messages go away when engine turned off and restarted.

I had a very similar situation on our 2015 3500 chassis. The lights came on, then went off. The dealer found and replaced a bad sensor. So far the issue hasn't returned.

Hooligan 11-09-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLP1945 (Post 3318624)
I was going up a significant hill the motor from cruise control reved the engine up to about 3200 rpms to maintain the same speed and when that happen the dash red warning light for Electronic Brake-force Distribution, EBFD, ABS and about two other related messages all of which say "visit workshop" came on and then when the cruise control was kicked off, the rpms and the speed reduced, the warning lights went off and normal driving was restored. My MB says not sensors?? Thoughts - comments? Tia

From my understanding, for stability -the EBFD and ABS react to the wheel sensors and respond if they see a difference in wheel rotation. The rpm increase may just have been a downshift due to the climb. Something, ( slight wheel spin from sand or oil, or transmission slip) caused a difference in rotation between the wheels and initiated the warning lights. If this system activates it will drop the cruise control...Just my guess..

Traveldude 11-10-2016 04:39 PM

What are the rules for disposal of DEF fluid?

Hooligan 11-10-2016 05:16 PM

DEF is non-toxic, urea and water. Urea is a fertilizer (ammonia). Mix the DEF with water and it's good for plants. DEF is corrosive to metals and you should avoid contact with skin. Large quantities of DEF may require more elaborate disposal.

Camper Ken 11-10-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooligan (Post 3331276)
DEF is non-toxic, urea and water. Urea is a fertilizer (ammonia). Mix the DEF with water and it's good for plants. DEF is corrosive to metals and you should avoid contact with skin. Large quantities of DEF may require more elaborate disposal.

What dilution rate for plants or lawn?

yukon bill 11-13-2016 10:14 PM

We own a 2014 View which we bought as a used unit from a dealer. It had 500 miles on it. We drove it home to Alaska last spring and had no problems. Late this summer the truck battery went dead. This was replaced and all seemed well. We drove from Alaska to the east coast and then to Wisconsin. While living in a campground the refrig (Norcold 3150) quit. The original dealer could not fit me into their shop for 3 weeks so I went on line a found several service centers. Only one of half a dozen could fit me in. I was 4 days out of warranty on the refrig and it cost $600 to repair the unit. Winnebago admitted this unit, the 3150, has had problems. In this case printed circuit board. Other than that we are happy with the unit.
We owned a 1971 Airstream which we traveled with for 12 years and a 1991 Winnebago Super Chief so we are not newcomers to the RV world.

S Bradley 11-17-2016 12:22 AM

Sprinter codes
Does anyone know of code reader that will let you reset error codes on a 2014 Sprinter?
I have seen devices like Scan Code II that will let you monitor systems.

Deny 11-18-2016 04:38 AM

scan gauge makes one for about $100

kohraptor 11-18-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Sprinter codes
Does anyone know of code reader that will let you reset error codes on a 2014 Sprinter?
I have seen devices like Scan Code II that will let you monitor systems.
I have obdlink lx. You can download app to your android or iphone. You can see and delete code also a whole lot of dash gadget that you may like.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.