iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   A dandy flashlight for RV or S&B.... (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/a-dandy-flashlight-for-rv-or-s-and-b-274302.html)

Scooter 12-27-2015 10:03 AM

A dandy flashlight for RV or S&B....
 
....this would be our new Nebo 5615 RedLine SE. $27.09 Amazon Prime.

250 lumens; adjustable lens focus; SOS and strobe settings. :thumb:

www.nebtools.com

BlueMoose105 12-27-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter (Post 2876826)

The link is bad.:banghead:

pasdad1 12-27-2015 10:18 AM

A dandy flashlight for RV or S&B....
 
I'm familiar with the company....I think the link should be

https://www.nebotools.com

CLIFFTALL 12-27-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasdad1 (Post 2876850)
I'm familiar with the company....I think the link should be

https://www.nebotools.com


You are correct Sir. :)
Thanks

BlueMoose105 12-27-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasdad1 (Post 2876850)
I'm familiar with the company....I think the link should be

https://www.nebotools.com

Thanks, that link does work. And that is an impressive flashlight. All of the products that I looked at one their website look to be of very good quality.

firedoc 12-27-2015 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How about one with a built in tazer 😝
Attachment 115038


Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Scooter 12-27-2015 12:48 PM

Thank you pasdad1

IC2 12-28-2015 05:43 AM

I'm at the point having several virtually useless cheap to pretty costly LED flashlights now that I would have to see it in action before I spend my bucks. All seem to promise lots of lumens worth of bright light and do have that output. Unfortunately most have no projection beyond a very few feet until you get into the pretty expensive tactical and police lights. I've continued to use conventional Mag products since the light does adjust and project a decent distance.

bruceisla 12-28-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC2 (Post 2877765)
I'm at the point having several virtually useless cheap to pretty costly LED flashlights now that I would have to see it in action before I spend my bucks. All seem to promise lots of lumens worth of bright light and do have that output. Unfortunately most have no projection beyond a very few feet until you get into the pretty expensive tactical and police lights. I've continued to use conventional Mag products since the light does adjust and project a decent distance.


Stop at any SCUBA/Dive shop on your route. Plenty of dive lights to choose from at $20 - $100 that are high quality and watertight. 2 of my dive lights are at least 15 years old and still work fine.

Steve N Sal 12-30-2015 03:44 PM

I purchased a Nite Core MT21A from Amazon before the Holidays for $27 and some change. I see it has gone up a bit. ($32) It speaks for itself as far as performance. JMHO

beamisl 12-30-2015 06:22 PM

Bought this for my DH for Christmas and he is pretty happy with it.

BobGed 12-30-2015 08:06 PM

I first saw the Big Larry light a few years ago being used by most of the techs at the Tiffin Service Center in Red Bay.

I now have one in all by vehicles and shop. With the magnetic base and 400 lumens light they are must have particularly when working by yourself.

IC2 12-31-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceisla (Post 2877778)
Stop at any SCUBA/Dive shop on your route. Plenty of dive lights to choose from at $20 - $100 that are high quality and watertight. 2 of my dive lights are at least 15 years old and still work fine.

I hadn't thought of them as a source but it seems the 2-3 local dive shops went the way of the Dodo bird. I'll see what's on line as well as Amazon since another El Cheapo got the trash bucket last night and I again dug out a three cell Mag-Lght (which of course needed batteries:banghead:)

OLYLEN 12-31-2015 07:04 AM

I have maybe 5-6 flash lights in the MH. Several free ones spread around from harbor freight. Two 250 lumen rechargeable off Amazon $12, one 500 lumen $20 don't remember where, and one 1000 lumen that were I think two for $29 at Costco Duracell and that will start fires if not careful. Then a couple water proof Cree 250 lumen around the house for $12 each. All work well, but if you want big I have an older 2,000,000 candle power witch if you do the math is 24,000,000 lumen. Best deal for the $$ spent is either the Cree or Duracell.

LEN

olustee bus 12-31-2015 07:46 AM

This one is amazing to me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

pasdad1 12-31-2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olustee bus (Post 2882122)


It looks like an "ok" flashlight....what about it strikes you as "amazing" ? Maybe I
overlooked it's best attribute 😃

dpinvidic 12-31-2015 08:29 AM

Everyone really needs several different types of flashlights.

1. Multi-LED work lights that have a hook/magnet/legs. These lights have a wide spread for working in dark areas.

2. Long distance, variable focus. These are good for outside the coach when trying to find out what thatt noise is:thumb:

There is a tradeoff between brightness and battery life.
Rechargable batteries like Lithium provide high power, but you need to keep extra charged batteries handy.

Also, the single LED, like CREE, allow a much better beam focus than a multi-LED light.

I am not sure i know how many flashlights i have....but I can usually find one in a nearby drawer.

Regards,

Dan

Paramedic 1 12-31-2015 12:25 PM

Having spent many years in the fire service/EMS I have landed on the Streamlight Polytac LED with Lithium batteries....VERY bright, thumb switch, batteries last a LONG time and store well...and did I say VERY bright to almost blinding....waterproof. You can normally find them for around $40. I got tired of worthless flashlights and upgraded to one I can count on...JMHO:thumb:

IC2 12-31-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paramedic 1 (Post 2882539)
Having spent many years in the fire service/EMS I have landed on the Streamlight Polytac LED with Lithium batteries....VERY bright, thumb switch, batteries last a LONG time and store well...and did I say VERY bright to almost blinding....waterproof. You can normally find them for around $40. I got tired of worthless flashlights and upgraded to one I can count on...JMHO:thumb:

Too bad that it isn't a rechargeable light as it looks to be about what I want for the RV. CR123 batteries in anything, IMO, are a pain where I sit.

sprayman 12-31-2015 01:48 PM

pocket flashlight
 
for $4 at Walmart, great when you need one now, uses a AAA battery, fits

in your pocket.

Jim

NRR 12-31-2015 02:16 PM

What I bought say two years ago and thought this was THE camping light for me. Now days it has half the brightness of cool cheap flashlights out there now. My “light” is solar rechargeable. Now it sits in the sun all day. I use a $15 flashlight that is over three times as bright and will work for 30 hours all the time.

What I am waiting for is a pair of clip-on infrared glasses like my sun glasses. Now there is something with a market. Ain’t holding my breath on that one.

olustee bus 12-31-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasdad1 (Post 2882161)
It looks like an "ok" flashlight....what about it strikes you as "amazing" ? Maybe I
overlooked it's best attribute 😃

A small flashlight with such a bright beam at a very reasonable price.

Paramedic 1 12-31-2015 03:18 PM

IC2....sorry you have had issues with cr123 batteries....but all I know is they have an unbelievable shelf life and my Streamlight Polytacs work when I need them...and that is all that matters to me in a flashlight. I get my cr123 batteries from Amazon for around $19 per doz shipped to my home...no shipping charges with Amazon Prime...love it.
I am sure there are better flashlights out there but after spending many years as a firefighter/paramedic I had to have a flashlight(s) that worked EVERY TIME ...NON FAIL....and under the worst conditions.
We also carry a large rechargeable Black/Decker spotlight...1100 lumens...and $20.00 at Walmart....works great....VERY bright....recharges on house current or 12 volt.
Again....these are JMHO....bottom line is>>carry something/multiple somethings...as one night you will REALLY need a flashlight.:thumb:

pasdad1 12-31-2015 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm considering buying something like this.... It can be used as a club, has a stun gun, and flashlight. Useful for self defense against 4 legged or 2 legged attackers. They say it so durable you can drive a car over it and not hurt it.

Attachment 115392

TEFFY 01-01-2016 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLYLEN (Post 2882069)
I have maybe 5-6 flash lights in the MH. Several free ones spread around from harbor freight. Two 250 lumen rechargeable off Amazon $12, one 500 lumen $20 don't remember where, and one 1000 lumen that were I think two for $29 at Costco Duracell and that will start fires if not careful. Then a couple water proof Cree 250 lumen around the house for $12 each. All work well, but if you want big I have an older 2,000,000 candle power witch if you do the math is 24,000,000 lumen. Best deal for the $$ spent is either the Cree or Duracell.

LEN

I thought you were going to sum up by saying "..and none of them work.."

have a happy new year


.

olustee bus 01-01-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasdad1 (Post 2883119)
I'm considering buying something like this.... It can be used as a club, has a stun gun, and flashlight. Useful for self defense against 4 legged or 2 legged attackers. They say it so durable you can drive a car over it and not hurt it.

Attachment 115392

Dang man, does that come with a banana clip?:dance:

OLYLEN 01-01-2016 08:33 AM

Oh I didn't even go into the work lights I have on board. Like the head band type for hands free or the ball cap that has six LEDs two green or the tripod(small) for hands free or the one that I got for Xmas that is a work light and WILL light up a football field. My wife says it's a fettish until the lights go out or there's a Firefox to watch or a coyote or a Bob cat(a couple have red lens for wildlife viewing. Maybe I need a garage sale LOL.

TOYS TOYS ANDMORE TOYS

LEN

olyshed 01-10-2016 02:29 PM

What about this flashlight?
 
If you like the Nebo, try the Refun A100 rechargeable, includes rechargeable battery, charger, at 900 Lumen LED. You can also use 3 AAA, if needed with adapter. This flashlight is also water resistant. We love this! Purchased from Amazon Prime for 17.99.

Gerryl 01-11-2016 03:46 PM

Years ago I ran onto these Underwater Kinetics pocket lights. I have several of them and always have them in the car and the Motorhome. They are perfect to keep in your pocket without any bulk. :thumb: It also has a neat little clip that you can put on your hat so that it will give you light on what ever you are working on. The Clip is removable and I only use it occasionaly. Underwater Kinetics makes lights for divers, so all their flashlights are waterproof. Just counted--I have 4 flashlights in the car and 5 in the motorhome. We have a number of the flashlights that Costco sold. (takes 3 AAA batteries and is 250 lumens.

But the UKs are my favorite because I always keep one in my pocket when at hunting camp or camping in the motorhome. :thumb:


https://www.brightguy.com/Underwater+...i+Pocket+Xenon

jondrew55 01-12-2016 03:08 PM

A couple of years ago T mobile and ATT got in a "double your data" war. We signed up for a 15 Gig plan for 4 phones and got 30 gigs for the same price with roll over. We only ran over once because we were on a trip and had 3 people streaming videos over a 5 day period.

And yes, we have tethering!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.