iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Is my new motor home jinxed (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/is-my-new-motor-home-jinxed-275189.html)

wagonmaster2 01-04-2016 12:21 PM

Is my new motor home jinxed

If I was really superstitious I would begin to believe someone had jinxed me on the purchase of this new 2015 motor home. First, it had to go back to the factory before I even took delivery for an error they made on some of the interior colors. Second, my motor home insurance was issued with my name spelled wrong. Third, I just noticed on my title that the year of the coach is shown as one year newer than it really is.
This is my 5th RV in almost 30 years and I've never had such a comic series of errors by so many people.
Anyone else had this much fun?

beaverfever 01-04-2016 01:07 PM

yep you are jinxed for sure. i am sure if you pay someone enough cash they will take it off your hands.

Crankshaft 01-04-2016 07:44 PM

We bought our new coach (first one for us) in January of 2015. It spent 7 months at the factory getting fixed. We only had 3 trips in it last year. That's jinxed. We had title issues too, dealer that didn't care and it all fell back on the factory. Thankfully they took care of everything.

Mr_D 01-04-2016 07:54 PM

Our '02 DSDP MH took 113 days out of the first 305 days of ownership, a one month trip to Spartan factory and then to Newmar to get it properly taken care of. After that it was a great rig for the 13 years we had it.

CampDaven 01-04-2016 08:00 PM

Is my new motor home jinxed

Wagonmaster2....You have had a wonderful honeymoon compared to some of the horror stories of other folks.
Enjoy!

adamfolger 01-04-2016 10:59 PM

If the motor starts and you have heat in the coach and cold in the refer....all is good.

LeRoi2 01-05-2016 12:39 AM

I hate to tell you this, but relatively, you have essentially had no problems.

We bought ours, a new 2015, in October, and have been able to camp ZERO days so far. It's now looking like February, maybe, at the earliest. 4 months of payments for no pleasure. If the RV manufacturers continue with sub quality construction, using under engineered slide systems, and auto levelers that work without fault on rare occasions, their sales will start to turn down.

Bruce C 01-05-2016 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamfolger (Post 2888384)
If the motor starts and you have heat in the coach and cold in the refer....all is good.

:thumb:

Crankshaft 01-05-2016 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamfolger (Post 2888384)

That was one of the problems with ours. The residential refrigerator wasn't cold. What many people don't realize is that with a residential refrigerator in an RV, no one want to service them under warranty. If you can get someone out, your responsible for getting it out of the cabinet for the service tech, then they will look at it. We finally gave up fighting with Whirlpool after taking it out once. It went back to the factory for a new fridge to be put in. Once they go in, they are a nightmare to get out. An entire wall of cabinets had to be redone for the new refrigerator.

spritz 01-05-2016 06:37 AM

Man I feel lucky, I needed a new fuel filter put in 15 minutes later I was back at it.
:sorrysign: :knuppel2:

Tim

MSHappyCampers 01-05-2016 06:48 AM

Remember, Mama said there'd be days like this! :dance:

rapid rick 01-05-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 (Post 2887716)
If I was really superstitious I would begin to believe someone had jinxed me on the purchase of this new 2015 motor home. Third, I just noticed on my title that the year of the coach is shown as one year newer than it really is.

Wagonmaster, I sure wish someone would have made my title say that my coach was a year newer,I would have left it that way.Your coach would not start depreciating till a year later,now that would be sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!:dance:

wagonmaster2 01-05-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankshaft (Post 2888463)
That was one of the problems with ours. The residential refrigerator wasn't cold. What many people don't realize is that with a residential refrigerator in an RV, no one want to service them under warranty. If you can get someone out, your responsible for getting it out of the cabinet for the service tech, then they will look at it. We finally gave up fighting with Whirlpool after taking it out once. It went back to the factory for a new fridge to be put in. Once they go in, they are a nightmare to get out. An entire wall of cabinets had to be redone for the new refrigerator.

I must say that's definitely information I didn't need. My first residential frig is a Maytag which I understand is owned by Whirlpool. And considering my last washer/dryer at home was a Whirlpool which only lasted a little over 3 years before needing repairs costing more than a new set so it won't surprise me if I have problems with this Maytag.

Tony Lee 01-05-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankshaft (Post 2888181)
We bought our new coach (first one for us) in January of 2015. It spent 7 months at the factory getting fixed. We only had 3 trips in it last year. That's jinxed. We had title issues too, dealer that didn't care and it all fell back on the factory. Thankfully they took care of everything.

Some owners must be saints the way they forgive the factory for building a vehicle that then takes months to fix.

No, not jinxed, just poor quality control in the first place.

But don't worry. After the first year or two fixing up all the problems and then another year of you fixing things yourself, you will have a beautiful MH that will bring you peace and happiness for many years.