iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Ride height control valves. (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/ride-height-control-valves-277020.html)

Sheriffbubba 01-22-2016 04:12 PM

Ride height control valves.

I know there have been discussions regarding this but for some reason I didn't find much when I searched.
I have a 08 HR Endeavor on a RR8R chassis and it looks like I may need to replace the right rear height control valve.
The right rear air bags deflate after about 4 or 5 days.... All other bags continue to stay inflated for a much longer period of time.
I cannot find any evidence of a leak although I know it would be a slow leak and I may be missing something.
This problem just came about recently... I've never had the bags on any corner of the rig deflate over time before even after sitting for a few months.
Spoke to a diesel mechanic and he suggested replacing the height control valve, (all of them due to age)

Does anyone have the specific model number of the valves for my chassis? I would like to get the front and the rear two height control valves replaced for my piece of mind before we go on a few planned trips.

Thank you for your time, Brian.

cptdzl 01-22-2016 04:24 PM

Brian
I would get a spray bottle with soapy water and soap/soak the leveling valve to confirm what is actually leaking. If you have the push in type air line fittings it may just be that simple. I have also seen the air bag itself leak at the base, again soapy water will help diagnose the leak.

DtBt 01-22-2016 05:23 PM

After the soapy water, check the linkage adjustment as that can cause a leak down if one side is out of adjustment. The ribber ends deteriorate over time. The only number I know for the ride height valve itself is Midland 149814. The only failure I have had in the valve manifest itself in a slow leak around the shaft.

https://https://www.ryderfleetproducts...oductDetail.do

YC1 01-22-2016 05:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some files that may be helpful.

If you come across notes that mention centering pins, I never found that to apply on my 08 Endeavor.

I had to move the rear rods up or down to get enough adjustment to get mine up to the proper height. It has been years so I cannot remember which way they had to go.

Windecker 01-22-2016 06:37 PM

Mine leaked in two places, out of the ride height valve, out of the rubber discharge line, soap tested found that easily. And the 6 pack, around the bases of the control valve relays. Again, soap tested as stated by others was an easy find. I got a new valve easy enough (Hadley??), was easy to replace and the 6 pack was corroded around the bases. I carefully removed the relays, sanded the aluminum block to resurface it with 400 wet dry paper and installed new base o rings. Sounds WAY worse than it was to do. I think the valve took 30 minutes and some rigging time and the 6 pack an evening.

One of the great things about these Monaco coaches, many of the chassis parts are over the road truck parts and easy to come by.

I agree, get a spray bottle with some dish soap, pressurize the system and spray away:)
Windecker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba (Post 2910719)
I know there have been discussions regarding this but for some reason I didn't find much when I searched.
I have a 08 HR Endeavor on a RR8R chassis and it looks like I may need to replace the right rear height control valve.
The right rear air bags deflate after about 4 or 5 days.... All other bags continue to stay inflated for a much longer period of time.
I cannot find any evidence of a leak although I know it would be a slow leak and I may be missing something.
This problem just came about recently... I've never had the bags on any corner of the rig deflate over time before even after sitting for a few months.
Spoke to a diesel mechanic and he suggested replacing the height control valve, (all of them due to age)

Does anyone have the specific model number of the valves for my chassis? I would like to get the front and the rear two height control valves replaced for my piece of mind before we go on a few planned trips.

Thank you for your time, Brian.

dmastroluca 01-23-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2910840)
Here are some files that may be helpful.

Myron, you are great at providing files for a post. Is there a place on the site where they all live, or do you just have them handy to share with the group? We all really appreciate the information you provide.

jacwjames 01-23-2016 01:47 PM

Looks like YC1 has a backdoor into the Monaco Maintenance Parts Pages.

I knew back in ~2010 the site was accessible if you had the information but I thought they secured the site 4-5 years ago. I was able to download ~100 parts pages for my coach before the locked out the general public.

YC1 01-23-2016 05:47 PM

I was able to get into their system when they went bust. I downloaded every file I could get my hands on. They were by numbers with no index. I renamed them into files that I would recognize. I keep them in a folder and when I need something I do a partial search and the files pop up.

Don't worry, I have backups to the backups. I have sent a few DVD copies out to members of this forum. Unfortunately they mostly apply to the units near the 08 year models. However there is a lot of similiarity. Even with these snowflakes.

I have a copy of the promotional video put out by HR back then. A video on the operation of the EMS panel is very useful as well.

Captjake1 01-23-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2912300)
I was able to get into their system when they went bust. I downloaded every file I could get my hands on. They were by numbers with no index. I renamed them into files that I would recognize. I keep them in a folder and when I need something I do a partial search and the files pop up.

Don't worry, I have backups to the backups. I have sent a few DVD copies out to members of this forum. Unfortunately they mostly apply to the units near the 08 year models. However there is a lot of similiarity. Even with these snowflakes.

I have a copy of the promotional video put out by HR back then. A video on the operation of the EMS panel is very useful as well.

:thumb: I will remember that you have this...well...I hope I remember that! LOL

jacwjames 01-23-2016 06:31 PM

YC1

Great minds think alike:)

I have a folder with these stored in it *& backed up.

I also created a library broken down by area, i.e. chassis, drivetrain, house components etc. Like you I use key words in the file name and can quickly do a search to find stuff I'm looking for. Makes it a lot easier.

96 Wideglide 01-23-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2912300)

Post it up. I would like to see that :)!

YC1 01-24-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacwjames (Post 2912346)
YC1

Great minds think alike:)

I have a folder with these stored in it *& backed up.

I also created a library broken down by area, i.e. chassis, drivetrain, house components etc. Like you I use key words in the file name and can quickly do a search to find stuff I'm looking for. Makes it a lot easier.

I often provide troubleshooting help on the battery charging systems. Do you have files on those? I have information on the 08 ranges which applies to many but earlier models were quite different and I hate shooting in the dark. I can pm you with my e-mail if you wish.

YC1 01-24-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide (Post 2912552)
Post it up. I would like to see that :)!

Good idea. I cannot post most of them here due to file size but my grandson is a pro on youtube. I will get him to show me how.

Sheriffbubba 01-24-2016 12:03 PM

Thank you all for the great information! When it dries out a little, I'm going to crawl back under there and look again for a leak.... Still may have to replace the height control valves but at this point, I'm not sure. I'll be sure to let you know if I find the problem for sure.

Brian.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum