iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Ride height control valves. (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/ride-height-control-valves-277020.html)

Sheriffbubba 01-22-2016 04:12 PM

Ride height control valves.
 
I know there have been discussions regarding this but for some reason I didn't find much when I searched.
I have a 08 HR Endeavor on a RR8R chassis and it looks like I may need to replace the right rear height control valve.
The right rear air bags deflate after about 4 or 5 days.... All other bags continue to stay inflated for a much longer period of time.
I cannot find any evidence of a leak although I know it would be a slow leak and I may be missing something.
This problem just came about recently... I've never had the bags on any corner of the rig deflate over time before even after sitting for a few months.
Spoke to a diesel mechanic and he suggested replacing the height control valve, (all of them due to age)

Does anyone have the specific model number of the valves for my chassis? I would like to get the front and the rear two height control valves replaced for my piece of mind before we go on a few planned trips.

Thank you for your time, Brian.

cptdzl 01-22-2016 04:24 PM

Brian
I would get a spray bottle with soapy water and soap/soak the leveling valve to confirm what is actually leaking. If you have the push in type air line fittings it may just be that simple. I have also seen the air bag itself leak at the base, again soapy water will help diagnose the leak.

DtBt 01-22-2016 05:23 PM

After the soapy water, check the linkage adjustment as that can cause a leak down if one side is out of adjustment. The ribber ends deteriorate over time. The only number I know for the ride height valve itself is Midland 149814. The only failure I have had in the valve manifest itself in a slow leak around the shaft.

https://https://www.ryderfleetproducts...oductDetail.do

YC1 01-22-2016 05:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some files that may be helpful.

If you come across notes that mention centering pins, I never found that to apply on my 08 Endeavor.

I had to move the rear rods up or down to get enough adjustment to get mine up to the proper height. It has been years so I cannot remember which way they had to go.

Windecker 01-22-2016 06:37 PM

Mine leaked in two places, out of the ride height valve, out of the rubber discharge line, soap tested found that easily. And the 6 pack, around the bases of the control valve relays. Again, soap tested as stated by others was an easy find. I got a new valve easy enough (Hadley??), was easy to replace and the 6 pack was corroded around the bases. I carefully removed the relays, sanded the aluminum block to resurface it with 400 wet dry paper and installed new base o rings. Sounds WAY worse than it was to do. I think the valve took 30 minutes and some rigging time and the 6 pack an evening.

One of the great things about these Monaco coaches, many of the chassis parts are over the road truck parts and easy to come by.

I agree, get a spray bottle with some dish soap, pressurize the system and spray away:)
Windecker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba (Post 2910719)
I know there have been discussions regarding this but for some reason I didn't find much when I searched.
I have a 08 HR Endeavor on a RR8R chassis and it looks like I may need to replace the right rear height control valve.
The right rear air bags deflate after about 4 or 5 days.... All other bags continue to stay inflated for a much longer period of time.
I cannot find any evidence of a leak although I know it would be a slow leak and I may be missing something.
This problem just came about recently... I've never had the bags on any corner of the rig deflate over time before even after sitting for a few months.
Spoke to a diesel mechanic and he suggested replacing the height control valve, (all of them due to age)

Does anyone have the specific model number of the valves for my chassis? I would like to get the front and the rear two height control valves replaced for my piece of mind before we go on a few planned trips.

Thank you for your time, Brian.


dmastroluca 01-23-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2910840)
Here are some files that may be helpful.

Myron, you are great at providing files for a post. Is there a place on the site where they all live, or do you just have them handy to share with the group? We all really appreciate the information you provide.

jacwjames 01-23-2016 01:47 PM

Looks like YC1 has a backdoor into the Monaco Maintenance Parts Pages.

I knew back in ~2010 the site was accessible if you had the information but I thought they secured the site 4-5 years ago. I was able to download ~100 parts pages for my coach before the locked out the general public.

YC1 01-23-2016 05:47 PM

I was able to get into their system when they went bust. I downloaded every file I could get my hands on. They were by numbers with no index. I renamed them into files that I would recognize. I keep them in a folder and when I need something I do a partial search and the files pop up.

Don't worry, I have backups to the backups. I have sent a few DVD copies out to members of this forum. Unfortunately they mostly apply to the units near the 08 year models. However there is a lot of similiarity. Even with these snowflakes.

I have a copy of the promotional video put out by HR back then. A video on the operation of the EMS panel is very useful as well.

Captjake1 01-23-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2912300)
I was able to get into their system when they went bust. I downloaded every file I could get my hands on. They were by numbers with no index. I renamed them into files that I would recognize. I keep them in a folder and when I need something I do a partial search and the files pop up.

Don't worry, I have backups to the backups. I have sent a few DVD copies out to members of this forum. Unfortunately they mostly apply to the units near the 08 year models. However there is a lot of similiarity. Even with these snowflakes.

I have a copy of the promotional video put out by HR back then. A video on the operation of the EMS panel is very useful as well.

:thumb: I will remember that you have this...well...I hope I remember that! LOL

jacwjames 01-23-2016 06:31 PM

YC1

Great minds think alike:)

I have a folder with these stored in it *& backed up.

I also created a library broken down by area, i.e. chassis, drivetrain, house components etc. Like you I use key words in the file name and can quickly do a search to find stuff I'm looking for. Makes it a lot easier.

96 Wideglide 01-23-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2912300)

I have a copy of the promotional video put out by HR back then. A video on the operation of the EMS panel is very useful as well.

Post it up. I would like to see that :)!

YC1 01-24-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacwjames (Post 2912346)
YC1

Great minds think alike:)

I have a folder with these stored in it *& backed up.

I also created a library broken down by area, i.e. chassis, drivetrain, house components etc. Like you I use key words in the file name and can quickly do a search to find stuff I'm looking for. Makes it a lot easier.

I often provide troubleshooting help on the battery charging systems. Do you have files on those? I have information on the 08 ranges which applies to many but earlier models were quite different and I hate shooting in the dark. I can pm you with my e-mail if you wish.

YC1 01-24-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide (Post 2912552)
Post it up. I would like to see that :)!

Good idea. I cannot post most of them here due to file size but my grandson is a pro on youtube. I will get him to show me how.

Sheriffbubba 01-24-2016 12:03 PM

Thank you all for the great information! When it dries out a little, I'm going to crawl back under there and look again for a leak.... Still may have to replace the height control valves but at this point, I'm not sure. I'll be sure to let you know if I find the problem for sure.

Brian.


Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

YC1 01-24-2016 12:12 PM

https://youtu.be/UMkHXO1iI94 Roadmaster Chassis

https://youtu.be/BqR4saIdTLQ Holiday Rambler and Monaco Plant Tour

https://youtu.be/LS6KC-cbQm4 Holiday Rambler Endeavor overview circa 2008

https://youtu.be/QMpYvDVFau8 Holiday Rambler and Monaco Systems overview

https://youtu.be/zwsSxvMIReY Magnum Energy and Intellitec operation

https://youtu.be/PbmNDHqvlyI Roadmaster Chassis Testing

https://youtu.be/8_H6fv0Jb7Y Magnum Energy Inverter

That was a bit of a chore but I hope it helps someone. The one on the Magnum Energy Inverter was already posted and has seen over 5000 views. Guess they might help.

Some of these might be good posted in a sticky in the Monaco Forum area.

96 Wideglide 01-24-2016 12:27 PM

Thanks Myron! And, thanks to your Grandson :thumb:!

Windecker 01-24-2016 02:52 PM

That was some good thinking! Thank you for doing that and taking the time to share the information:bow:
Windecker

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2912300)
I was able to get into their system when they went bust. I downloaded every file I could get my hands on. They were by numbers with no index. I renamed them into files that I would recognize. I keep them in a folder and when I need something I do a partial search and the files pop up.

Don't worry, I have backups to the backups. I have sent a few DVD copies out to members of this forum. Unfortunately they mostly apply to the units near the 08 year models. However there is a lot of similiarity. Even with these snowflakes.

I have a copy of the promotional video put out by HR back then. A video on the operation of the EMS panel is very useful as well.


Vanwill 01-27-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2913247)
https://youtu.be/UMkHXO1iI94 Roadmaster Chassis

https://youtu.be/BqR4saIdTLQ Holiday Rambler and Monaco Plant Tour

https://youtu.be/LS6KC-cbQm4 Holiday Rambler Endeavor overview circa 2008

https://youtu.be/QMpYvDVFau8 Holiday Rambler and Monaco Systems overview

https://youtu.be/zwsSxvMIReY Magnum Energy and Intellitec operation

https://youtu.be/PbmNDHqvlyI Roadmaster Chassis Testing

https://youtu.be/8_H6fv0Jb7Y Magnum Energy Inverter

That was a bit of a chore but I hope it helps someone. The one on the Magnum Energy Inverter was already posted and has seen over 5000 views. Guess they might help.

Some of these might be good posted in a sticky in the Monaco Forum area.

Myron, you're a GEM, Bro!

Looking forward to meeting you next week!

YC1 01-27-2016 12:54 PM

I live to serve Van.:D

I am putting together a zipped file containing every file I have gathered over the last 8 years. The files were too large to fit on one DVD so I zipped them up and they will fit.

I will burn several copies and have them available next week. You will need to unzip them but that is an easy enough process.

If I can remember I will bring a creeper along so we can visit the undersides of some of these. Of course I will bring voltmeters and signal tracing tools if anyone would like a course in checking solenoids and batteries.

Keith Hertzo 01-28-2016 09:45 AM

I cant thank you enough for sharing - the videos are very helpful to understand what we are about to pick up ! ( 2006 Monaco 40PAQ) I tried to get a reservation at the gathering but was informed by lazy-days that it is full. (DARN) I do all service and repairs myself. I am a retired electrical engineer and enjoy still getting my hands into this stuff.. Even though I hope I dont have to.. We are supposed to pick up our coach on Monday. I dont feel that the coach batteries were charging during our initial checkout. I intend to test that before i receive the unit. La-Mesa RV in Port St-Lucie.
We have a 15day guarantee and I was hoping to make the gathering. I need a fast education. This site is a real big help.. I watched the videos posted and have been researching the BIRD system. Looks real easy to test. I have experience designing control systems. With your sharing and Monaco emailing me the electrical drawings i hope to get through most issues. Never will equal learning from hands on experience. Thank YOU

YC1 01-28-2016 12:54 PM

Welcome to the forum Keith. I missed last years rally as well and I only live 40 minutes away. It is going to be fun meeting everyone. I will have a big notebook and camera.

I will bring my creeper and bump cap too.

10Boomer 01-29-2016 03:36 AM

Just purchased 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ, this thread/ with links for service and videos was great. Thx for sharing. 👍🏻😬

nodine 01-29-2016 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2917643)
I live to serve Van.:D

I am putting together a zipped file containing every file I have gathered over the last 8 years. The files were too large to fit on one DVD so I zipped them up and they will fit.

I will burn several copies and have them available next week. You will need to unzip them but that is an easy enough process.

If I can remember I will bring a creeper along so we can visit the undersides of some of these. Of course I will bring voltmeters and signal tracing tools if anyone would like a course in checking solenoids and batteries.

Myron,

Over the years you have made a lot of good technical information available to others and we thank you for that. Looking forward to meeting you next week and I would love to get one of your zipped DVD's.

Bob

CadillLinc 01-29-2016 11:17 AM

Here's a possible source for leveling valves: Air Suspension Component Distributor - Dayton Air Control Products distributes Air Suspension components for HD Truck, Trailer, Bus, RV and Work Trucks

rmcb 01-29-2016 11:56 PM

Myron,
Deb and I will unfortunately not be able to attend what sounds like a fantastic gathering. I would love to be a shill in the audience when Craig and Van do their presentation. It will be good!

I would also love to get my hands on one of your zipped DVD's and would gladly pay for it. If you are so inclined, I would appreciate it very much. If not, no foul. I will just get Craig or Van intoxicated on the ALCan Highway this summer and steal one of theirs.

Regards,

Roy

YC1 01-30-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcb (Post 2921076)
Myron,
Deb and I will unfortunately not be able to attend what sounds like a fantastic gathering. I would love to be a shill in the audience when Craig and Van do their presentation. It will be good!

I would also love to get my hands on one of your zipped DVD's and would gladly pay for it. If you are so inclined, I would appreciate it very much. If not, no foul. I will just get Craig or Van intoxicated on the ALCan Highway this summer and steal one of theirs.

Regards,

Roy

PM me with your address. Be patient though. I live out in the sticks and think I am out of mailing envelopes. I have sent plenty of them out over the years. It is my way of paying it forward.

Anyone else is welcome to PM me too.

Captjake1 01-30-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC1 (Post 2921371)
PM me with your address. Be patient though. I live out in the sticks and think I am out of mailing envelopes. I have sent plenty of them out over the years. It is my way of paying it forward.

Anyone else is welcome to PM me too.

This is AWESOME! What an excellent gesture! Thanks Myron! :thumb:

rmcb 01-30-2016 09:18 AM

Thanks Myron, will do!

And thanks for your wonderful spirit!

Roy

nodine 01-31-2016 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcb (Post 2921441)
Thanks Myron, will do!

And thanks for your wonderful spirit!

Roy

That is a relief. I was getting concerned trying to follow and intoxicated Craig and Van on the Alaska Highway would be more like taking the motorhome on the Iditarod.:D

Bob

Dr4Film 01-31-2016 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Hertzo (Post 2918951)

I tried to get a reservation at the gathering but was informed by lazy-days that it is full. (DARN)

Sometimes there are last minute cancellations so there may be space available now. OR, you could stay someplace close to Lazy Days and come to the daily seminars which I believe are FREE to attend.

The cost of attendance is really just for the Lazy Days site and the meals.

You could email Fred White just to check and make sure of my assumptions.

flw300@aol.com

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Keith Hertzo 02-01-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr4Film (Post 2922361)
Sometimes there are last minute cancellations so there may be space available now. OR, you could stay someplace close to Lazy Days and come to the daily seminars which I believe are FREE to attend.

The cost of attendance is really just for the Lazy Days site and the meals.

You could email Fred White just to check and make sure of my assumptions.

flw300@aol.com

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Thanks flw300 for your reply . I was informed by La Masa that our rig will not be ready till Wednesday now. If they get it ready i may still ride up there and see about a spot at the air base ( retired mil - army dont tell anyone ). Since that is up in the air maybe i could pay for the meals for my wife and I - if there is enough. I hate to make a commitment when it is not completely in my control !. My main interest is RV electric and control. I work on everything myself and what an opportunity to learn. AND MEAT GOOD PEOPLE TOO !! Thanks again:dance:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.