iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   2017 Entegra Changes (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/2017-entegra-changes-278269.html)

Cruzer 02-03-2016 06:59 AM

2017 Entegra Changes

3 Attachment(s)
The changes in the 2017 Entegra lineup are now set in stone and many odf them are quite significant.

The Cornerstone gets a new En-telligent Collision Avoidance System with adaptive cruise control, Electronic Stability Control, Active Braking, etc. It's quite a step up from the Eaton Vorad system. It also gets a steerable tag axle and the Total Vision camera system, which is awesome.

All models get dual DEF fillers - one on each side of the coach.

Padded bed headboards are gone - replaced by wood headboards.

Mudflaps now state the model of the coach rather than "Entegra Coach".

Better L16 series batteries all around as well. Replaces AGMs, taller with more power per size so you'll get increased cargo storage space with the same amp-hours of battery capacity.

Samsung microwaves are gone :dance: Replaced by Whirlpool Gold 1.9 cu ft with non-stick easy to clean interior.

And the most important thing - LED lit cupholders (Chuck, it's now time to trade up :laugh: ).

Lots of other changes and they are on the attached lists.

The Anthem gets the En-Telligent system but not with ESP and adaptive cruise. Warning system only.

Dual rear cams on Anthem and Aspire - one looking back and one down.

All models get a new Xite system with a big glass screen that holds two monitors.

The G5 fuse panel is replaced by a G6, which has interface for a Vega Touch screen that controls various multiplex systems - including the thermostat, A/V system, lighting, slides, pumps, generator, shades, and awnings. I've seen the demo at Firefly and this is one cool system.

A storage drawer is built into the steps. Perfect for fuel island booties, dog leashes, and other items.

The bed is now lighter and easier to lift to access the storage beneath. The plywood bed platform is now replaced by a high tech aluminum laminated structure that is lighter in weight, stringer and more rigid so that you can lift it on one corner with no flex. The excellent Tempurpedic Cloud mattress remains.

The Aspire gets kicked up in the chassis area. 315 front tires on the 42-44' floorplans. IFS now versus solid front axle. The 38M gets upgraded to a Spartan chassis. Diesel Aqua-Hot instead of propane. 17K front axle and much more. It does not get the G6 Vega Touch pad nor the En-Telligent blind spot monitoring system.

But the Aspire is now neck and neck with the Dutch Star for amenities, except it's on a Spartan chassis instead of Freightliner and is $20,000 less money.

There are significant price increases. Steerable tags, radar based collision avoidance systems, high tech cameras, better batteries, and so on all cost money. It's expected that a 2017 Cornerstone will run $30K over a 2016 so there are decisions to be made by any prospective buyer. Outside they will look the same. No major styling changes but some interior changes.

All in all - these are some nice changes and many seem to be in response to what owners have asked for so it's nice to see that Entegra is on their game.

Anthem46 02-03-2016 07:14 AM

Thanks, I told BONNIE I would keep 2016 till 2018 came out. Looks like I may be in trouble again.

UTExplore 02-03-2016 07:47 AM

Very exciting changes. I have been very close to pulling the trigger on a new Tiffin Bus 40AP. I love Entegra, but didn't want the longer coach. The changes to the Aspire 38M (3 AC units, Spartan & IFS) may pull me back to Entegra.

MRUSA14 02-03-2016 07:54 AM

Any chance of new floorplan announcements?

DebbieMH 02-03-2016 07:56 AM

Wow - I love my 2015 - wish I hadn't read this😱
We do want to retire in April - so I need to remain happy with my current unit!

cewgcw 02-03-2016 08:02 AM

Thank you very much Marc.I have been waiting on this information for many months. This makes my decision on the next motor home a lot easier.

Cruzer 02-03-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRUSA14 (Post 2926158)
Any chance of new floorplan announcements?

Nothing official yet.

Cruzer 02-03-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTExplore (Post 2926147)
Very exciting changes. I have been very close to pulling the trigger on a new Tiffin Bus 40AP. I love Entegra, but didn't want the longer coach. The changes to the Aspire 38M (3 AC units, Spartan & IFS) may pull me back to Entegra.

You will be more than happy with the 2017 Aspire. These changes really make it an attractive coach. Less money than a Dutch Star with the same level of amenities, a Spartan chassis and no front axle weight issues.

Cruzer 02-03-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cewgcw (Post 2926164)
Thank you very much Marc.I have been waiting on this information for many months. This makes my decision on the next motor home a lot easier.

With the substantial price increase this year (in excess of $30K) there will be a number of buyers who will want to snap up a 2016 for some significant savings and those who will want to order a 2017 for the new features. Both are good choices.

MRUSA14 02-03-2016 08:32 AM

The change to diesel Aquahot on Aspire is huge! Between that and the IFS, the Aspire is now a terrific value.

Desertboyz 02-03-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzer (Post 2926196)
With the substantial price increase this year (in excess of $30K) there will be a number of buyers who will want to snap up a 2016 for some significant savings and those who will want to order a 2017 for the new features. Both are good choices.

Or also pick up a lightly used 2016 as those owners trade-in for a 2017!

757driver 02-03-2016 09:50 AM

Wow, with those Aspire upgrades the line between the Anthem and Aspire is getting even further blurred. Great news for future Aspire owners!

Cruzer 02-03-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desertboyz (Post 2926286)
Or also pick up a lightly used 2016 as those owners trade-in for a 2017!

That will work too. :thumb:

MJFZ 02-03-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 757driver (Post 2926287)
Wow, with those Aspire upgrades the line between the Anthem and Aspire is getting even further blurred. Great news for future Aspire owners!

My thought exactly, what will really be the major differentiators between the two??